Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,303 members, 7,881,121 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:59 PM

Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines (24997 Views)

Yusuf Buhari's Wedding: Governors, Ministers, Others Storm Emir Of Kano’s Palace / 2019: Okorocha, Nnamani, Nwobodo, Ministers, Others Shun Buhari Campaign Meeting / Ahmed Abu Dumps APC (Resignation Letter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by PROPHETmichael: 2:33pm On May 02, 2022
Islie:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/buharis-ministers-others-miss-apc-resignation-deadlines/

That's a sign that they don't even believe in their own chances of winning the presidential ticket.
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by supereagle(m): 2:34pm On May 02, 2022
YorubaIsGreat:
God will continue to protect and bless Tinubu, our incoming presido
On Tinubu's mandate i stand

You don fail.
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by Johnnoo(m): 2:34pm On May 02, 2022
APC is the definition of Lawlessness...
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by Eriokanmi: 2:34pm On May 02, 2022
I've never seen a party which had worked contrary to our constitution or broken rules like the APC. What legacies are they keaving behind actually?

1 Like

Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by Indispensable85(m): 2:35pm On May 02, 2022
fergie001:
Only the SC can settle this issue.

I think the Ministers are right not to resign.

Isn't that an ambush on the party? The party should disqualify them to play safe. So Buhari can not tell his ministers to resign like the governors have been doing in the states? Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by LaconicINC: 2:35pm On May 02, 2022
What do you expect from a lawless regime
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by Gentlerespect76: 2:35pm On May 02, 2022
Malory:
Buhari a massive failure. Lawlessness is the Hallmark of this inglorious regime
The man you mentioned acts like he doesn't exist. It's such a pity that under his watch lieutenants break the laws of the land without consequences!
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by Malory: 2:37pm On May 02, 2022
Gentlerespect76:

The man you mentioned acts like he doesn't exist. It's such a pity that under his watch lieutenants break the laws of the land without consequences!
Just imagine bro

1 Like

Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by fergie001: 2:38pm On May 02, 2022
Indispensable85:
Isn't that an ambush on the party? The party should disqualify them to play safe. So Buhari can not tell his ministers to resign like the governors have been doing in the states? Mtcheeew
The Party Constitution is subject to the provisions of the 1999 CFRN. Nothing the Party or President can do.

It is no ambush, I believed they should go but I have seen certain things that should keep them there. Are Ministers public servants?
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by BJanta: 2:38pm On May 02, 2022
YorubaIsGreat:

Amen..

1 Like

Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:38pm On May 02, 2022
When there's no regard for the rule of law.

Let's see if this will backfire
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by olatuns2017: 2:39pm On May 02, 2022
Islie:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/buharis-ministers-others-miss-apc-resignation-deadlines/

They have lost even before elections

No sensible party will risk their greediness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by Fiscus105(m): 2:42pm On May 02, 2022
During bubu reign everything goes
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by Indispensable85(m): 2:44pm On May 02, 2022
fergie001:

The Party Constitution is subject to the provisions of the 1999 CFRN. Nothing the Party or President can do.

It is no ambush, I believed they should go but I have seen certain things that should keep them there. Are Ministers public servants?

Ministers are political appointees eventhough they serve public interest. That's the truth.

If the SC sustains that section, what will happen to their candidacy and the party assuming they win in the primaries?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by Hugotee: 2:46pm On May 02, 2022
ANU!!!!
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by rockcitie: 2:48pm On May 02, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Tinubu crew nightmare

Relax, na now amaechi dey gidigba for the race

Una talk more than this before he declared

He failed to resign & he is yet to pick up the form.

Take it or leave, Ameachi is no longer in the presidential race.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by fergie001: 2:50pm On May 02, 2022
Indispensable85:
Ministers are political appointees eventhough they serve public interest. That's the truth.
See this issue came up when Fayemi contested his election. The Appeal Court was straight up...that...the APC guidelines cannot stop a Minister from contesting because he is not employed in the Public Service of the Federation.

Ministers are Public Servants. The definition of political appointees is absent in both the Electoral Act & the Constitution but the definition of a Public Servant is there and a Minister is one.

On the issue of the appointees or not i.e. Electoral Act.....It didn't give them a specific day to resign. That will be a topic for another day.

This is the APC Guidelines:
“Article 2 of the 2014 Guidelines provide: The party prescribes that any aspirant seeking public office on the platform of the party shall not have:- Remained as an employee of the public service within 30 days preceding the date of an election.

Ministers are not employed in the Public or Civil Service, a Court has set that aside.
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by Raxxye(m): 2:51pm On May 02, 2022
Deejaygold:
Ok
Lol.
That scammer is a fool! Imagine the start-up line:
"God reaveal a revelation to me when I was going through your profile..." bla bla bla.

grin

1 Like

Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by eldoradoxx: 2:52pm On May 02, 2022
"My position is that the law of the country rests on the grundnorm called the constitution. If you do not like the constitution, your work is to amend it. There is no subrogation of power that is required for you to include into a law what is not deemed as included in that law.”
Emeka Nwajiuba is speaking turanci here. They think they can confuse the constitutional provision that requires civil servants to resign 30 days to an election with the requirement of the Electoral Act 2022 which mandates political appointees to resign 30 days to the primaries they are to feature in. The two provisions are not similar and do not refer to the same classes of people. Civil servants are not same as political appointees. Therefore National Assembly is right to make a law mandating their resignation without being accused of amending the constitution.
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by ThankGodFriday(m): 2:52pm On May 02, 2022
OK

1 Like

Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by sirsugar(m): 2:52pm On May 02, 2022
Anaerobi:
Buhari government is the worst government ever.

These people have shown they are above the so called law.
chai chai you this Igbos ehn grin what's concern buhari in ur people with greedy mind, amaechi, ngige are so greedy to leave office bcuz they are not sure of the ticket grin you don't blame ur greedy thief's ministers that refuse to leave office and face presidency race

1 Like

Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by Truthisunique2: 3:00pm On May 02, 2022
rockcitie:

He failed to resign & he is yet to pick up the form.

Take it or leave, Ameachi is no longer in the presidential race.
lol, na you out am?
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by hotseat: 3:02pm On May 02, 2022
If they're sure of certain victory, they wouldn't hesitate to resign.

They simply wish to eat their cake and have it.

Buhari and his band of lawless brigands should be held responsible for the impending political upheaval that is likely to erupt with this mindless impunity of his appointees aided and abetted by him.

Nigeria is far bigger than Buhari and his cohorts!

They now want to resort to technicalities to ride roughshod over the people.

No way!
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by jrusky(m): 3:06pm On May 02, 2022
Nice one case don ready for SAN's to disgrace some fools if eventually they win the General election.

I remember Bayelsa case etc that is what will play out against Amaechi and his group, win and be disgrace out of office by using the new electoral bill against you.

Resign you said no that is fine we will meet you in court.

1 Like

Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by Brushstrokes20: 3:06pm On May 02, 2022
Mr lifeless and impunity are inseparable! undecided

Nig urgently needs a SANE, SOUND, COMPETENT and RESPONSIBLE LEADER!
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by Meliziz: 3:07pm On May 02, 2022
Bla bla bla bla bla. Where is Abba Kyari. Where those kidnapped and can't be traced in the same country. Where is the senate president. Who is making the law, who is interpreting it. Where is the country. Who is in charge. What is the meaning of Nigeria, what's their aspirations. Everything auto pilot!
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by drlateef: 3:07pm On May 02, 2022
Malory:
Buhari a massive failure. Lawlessness is the Hallmark of this inglorious regime

After taking mkpurum mirin, you can never differentiate between a political appointee and Buhari anymore. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by vicdom(m): 3:08pm On May 02, 2022
fergie001:
Only the SC can settle this issue. vicdom could've been right!

I think the Ministers are right not to resign.
I have always said it nah. Please Fergie, has appeal court slated for its own ruling?? I believe it will be in this month.
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by Cajal(m): 3:08pm On May 02, 2022
YorubaIsGreat:
Correct
Re: Ministers, Others Miss APC Resignation Deadlines by drlateef: 3:08pm On May 02, 2022
YorubaIsGreat:

At least 3 presidential candidates already screened out even before the party screening exercise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shehu Sani: Ex-VP Namadi Sambo's Phone Stolen At Book Launch / Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers / Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.