Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,067 members, 7,931,667 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:31 AM

Identifying The Nature Of Your Own Spirit Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Identifying The Nature Of Your Own Spirit Man (182 Views)

Jws Say Man Has No Spirit, Man Is Like An Animal, Their Own Bible Exposes Them / 10 Habits That Weakens The Spirit Man / Training Your Spirit-man To Know The Voice Of The Holy Ghost (1) Heb 5:12-14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Identifying The Nature Of Your Own Spirit Man by ocnovakmichael(m): 10:55pm On May 02, 2022
This is an excerpt from my new book "Spirit Consciousness: how you can be guided by the spirit."

Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
That text just got through telling us that the human spirit is distinct from the soul; that the spirit and the soul can be divided.
Man has device sophisticated ways of dissecting the human body in the clinical laboratory. But no man, other than the Word of God, could surgically divide the spirit and the soul; because both the spirit and the soul cannot be seen with the human eyes.
So the question is: how can we identify the spirit and the soul? The Bible, the Word of God, tells us how to identify each of them.
Man is fashioned in the image, and after the likeness of God. In the gospel of John, the Lord Jesus said: “GOD IS A SPIRIT: and they that worship him must worship him IN SPIRIT and in truth” (John 4:24). Also, the writer of the book of Hebrews put it this way: “...Shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the FATHER OF SPIRITS, and live?” (Hebrews 12:9).
God is called the Father of spirits, which makes us, His children, spirit beings. And yet, the question is: how do we identify this spirit man? The spirit man is the real man, whose circumcision is that of the heart, that cannot be seen nor felt (Romans 2:29). He’s the man that becomes a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). He is the man that is born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word (1 Peter 1:23). He is the man that houses the Spirit of the Lord (Galatians 4:6). He is the man that bears witness with the Holy Spirit that we are sons of God (Romans 8:16). He is the man that communicates with God (Proverbs 20:27; 1 Corinthians 14:14).
The spirit man receives guidance from the Holy Spirit through the Word of God. The apostle John writing under the anointing of the Spirit said: “But the anointing which ye have received of him [God] abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and IS TRUTH...) (1 John 2:27).
I want you to notice the bold italicized phrase in the last statement: first, John said the anointing [which is the Holy Spirit] teaches you of all things. Second, John said the anointing is truth. The Lord Jesus used the same phrase, which John used to describe the anointing, to describe the Word:
John 17:17
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word IS TRUTH.
From the foregoing, it is self-evident that the Spirit will guide your own recreated spirit man through the Word: because the Spirit and the Word agree (1 John 5:7).
I remember one time on 2nd May 2022, I was talking with a little girl and she was responding to me in an unruly manner. I wanted to pick up a cane or something and teach her a lesson or two, but as I was growing impatient with her attitude, on the inside of me I heard this voice: “It is Impossible but that offences will come.” Immediately, I put a restraint on my train of thought; and recognized that that statement is from the Bible. In the gospel of Luke, the Lord Jesus said: “...It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come” (Luke 17:1).
Now here is the contradiction: I did not receive that Word in my mind: because my mind couldn’t have thought that up in a state of anger. All my mind could think was to give that little girl a weeping. It was my spirit man that picked that up from the Holy Spirit by the Word. Thank God for the Word.
Proverbs 20:27
27 The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly.
The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts. This means that God is going to enlighten you in your own spirit through the inward witness. When you become a new creature, your spirit becomes an accurate guide in the affairs of life because your spirit is in harmony with the Holy Spirit.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Here Is A Summary Of The Judgement About Russia And Her Neighbors / What Gave Death The Power To Kill - Apostle Joshua Selman / Wow ��� Battle Ground Part 6 Is Finally Out. You Cant Just Miss This Video H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.