Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,915 members, 7,872,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:21 AM

Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike (16231 Views)

Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs / Telcos Mull Tariff Hike As Diesel Price Skyrockets / 10 States, Face Telecoms Network Blackout — GSM Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by inoki247: 12:26pm On May 04, 2022
Unibenfucker:

The mast close to me runs on solar and when there's no sun they alternate to Diesel

But at the end of the day dey still need to buy diesel and buying solar wey fit carry mass no moi moi and the maintenance from time to time wey things don cost now to ship things in...

Bro all diz things boils down to money...

Because I made alot of gain last year no mean say if the price of running my business increase make I no du adjustments in oda to keep running...

if this people dey ova mak money d way we dey talk all diz Econet, etisalat people no go gri sell dere company....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by dfrost: 12:59pm On May 04, 2022
inoki247:

lol Solar needs maintenance from time to from the Battery packing up anytime to the inverter having fault...

Na jus d name sweet for here wen u enta am u go know aw fa....

I know person wey don dey run solar since Feb. I never hear maintenance for now. The pros outweighs the cons. There are so many ways of cutting down cost.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by gonkin(m): 1:02pm On May 04, 2022
doggedfighter:

But you will still use data.

When 26mins voice call is just 7mb, its totally worth it

Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by inoki247: 1:11pm On May 04, 2022
dfrost:

I know person wey don dey run solar since Feb. I never hear maintenance for now. The pros outweighs the cons. There are so many ways of cutting down cost.

That's what I'm using in my house but someone using from Feb can't be a yardstick for you to rush into it you need to ask someone who's been using it for at least 4 to 5 years....

Mine it's just like a year have only changed the fuse of my Inverter buh dat one no mean say e don serve him purpose cos if you look at the amount you use in setting it up for the next 10 years u ar not suppose to spend anything on it again pass you just cleaning the solar panel from dust...
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by Charlie2020(f): 1:39pm On May 04, 2022
dre11:

https://punchng.com/nigerians-to-pay-more-as-gsm-operators-plan-40-tariff-hike/

Lalasticlala

. Already hiked. MTN call used to be 12/min but now 20/min
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by Asianjollof007: 2:41pm On May 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
They have been using diesel from time immemorial I'm saying this because there is no rational explanation for their action...Masses can't continue suffer from this company.

You buy data of 5k you can't use it for 10 days.

Oga, you should blame this government before talking about the companies. The hike in price of diesel, tax and other commodities will definitely make them increase their price unless you want them to liquidate. What's the current price of blade and pure water in your area?
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by Nten: 4:21pm On May 04, 2022
UCHIHAmask:

The populace can fight back,they can sieze power from this corrupt government and institute a new system of government just like the white people did long ago,unfortunately the nigerian populace(black people) is docile and extremely gullible..
That's where the problem lies. Who starts the revolution?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by doggedfighter(f): 4:43pm On May 04, 2022
gonkin:

I agree
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by Aaay: 5:15pm On May 04, 2022
Really
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by dfrost: 5:51pm On May 04, 2022
inoki247:

That's what I'm using in my house but someone using from Feb can't be a yardstick for you to rush into it you need to ask someone who's been using it for at least 4 to 5 years....

Mine it's just like a year have only changed the fuse of my Inverter buh dat one no mean say e don serve him purpose cos if you look at the amount you use in setting it up for the next 10 years u ar not suppose to spend anything on it again pass you just cleaning the solar panel from dust...

Check your inverter well baba. At the long run, like I said, the pros outweighs the cons. smiley
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by dfrost: 5:53pm On May 04, 2022
gonkin:

I've been preaching this a long time now. If you no get smartphone, OYO. I can only call on WhatsApp. We need to embrace tech through and through. No lag behind.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by donborg(m): 7:34pm On May 04, 2022
dre11:

Lalasticlala

Fulani destruction of Nigeria.
It shall never be well with the locusts Fulani tribe. Evil devil incarnates
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by adebayo987: 10:46pm On May 04, 2022
dre11:

Lalasticlala

even though price of things are high... Network providers never lacks! These are companies that make a minimum of 100million naira per day (N5x20million calls per network gives you N100million) and in a month hit billions. They can afford it. However, if they're increasing tarrifs, hope they will increase their workers salaries too. MTN no longer use diesel generators in their new installations of masts, they install solar systems. Why can't they all just do such? By the time you calculate your expenses on diesel and compare with having solar system, you'll see the big difference. Let them maintain status quo for now until after Buhari.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by charlsecy(m): 12:27pm On May 05, 2022
Johnrake69:
SMS is no more relevant today.
You're completely mistaken. Completely!
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by UCHIHAmask: 12:57pm On May 05, 2022
Nten:

That's where the problem lies. Who starts the revolution?
Even if one starts a revolution, our tribal differences would halt it because as we know,all hands must be on deck for it to be successful..
If it starts from the West,the east might mock it and the north would not buy the idea!!! As seen in the "endsars" saga

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:05pm On May 05, 2022
dadavivo:
In Abuja since after that fuel and diesel scarcity, it's like Glo and other network decided to switch off some of their Base Station mast in other to save cost.

Because in my area Glo 4G was very strong. But during that Nepa blackout and fuel scarcity the network turned to 2G ever since.
I notice Glo network is poor these days. 2G always or it would randomly show no service.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by ogbuefi677(m): 1:48pm On May 05, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
They have been using diesel from time immemorial I'm saying this because there is no rational explanation for their action...Masses can't continue suffer from this company.

You buy data of 5k you can't use it for 10 days.
Monsurudeen, diesel was 260-290 in January, now its 750-850.
I know u've not been responsible for a dog all ur life
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by Cromagnon: 7:02pm On May 05, 2022
Amuluonyenaego:
Buhari dey deal with us.
NNPC no leave us behind.
Nepa is on our Neck.
Food stuff we no see money buy.
Now GSM operators dn come.

Na to finish us kpatakpata remain.
nobody do you anything
We just lazy
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by Amuluonyenaego: 7:57pm On May 05, 2022
Cromagnon:
nobody do you anything
We just lazy
Pls help me, I need something doing. If u will teach me your trade I will appreciate it.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by yinkeys(m): 10:39pm On May 05, 2022
This country will soon shut down with the hyper inflation happening
Re: Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike by lexy2014: 9:53pm On May 07, 2022
princeemmy123:
It's all well and good. They should also be tasked to improve the quality of their services to Nigerians.
no time to task them to do anything. patanmi is too busy with NIN and looking peoples line to block. misplaced priority

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Become A Vtu Agent? / How You Can Identify A Fake Huawei Device In Nigeria. / Best Phone Of 150k

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.