Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,346 members, 7,974,460 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 04:35 AM

Why Won't Ukraine Surrender To Russia, Consider Saving Lives? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Won't Ukraine Surrender To Russia, Consider Saving Lives? (730 Views)

Dozens Of Hamas Nazi Terrorists SURRENDER To The Israel Army. / White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert / US Spy Planes Deployed To Russia & Taiwan As Putin & Xi Hold War Games(Pix, Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Won't Ukraine Surrender To Russia, Consider Saving Lives? by 989900: 10:39am On May 04, 2022
Culled From Quora

If you are being raped and beaten in an alleyway why not just surrender? I mean if you fight back you may get hurt worse or hurt your attacker right?

Ukrainians are fighting for their lives, and for their country’s very existence, against a totally unwarranted, and very illegal, invasion by an evil, amoral narcissist, who every day is heaping unprovable lies upon already disproved lies trying to justify his belligerence.

Anyway- in a war, you don’t surrender if you don’t have to. This goes double for nations being invaded.

Surrender isn’t a good thing. It means

Citizens lose lots of their basic rights, including their ability to elect their own government
People in conquered nations are often exploited and abused by their occupiers
Achieving separation from an occupying nation once your surrender is very difficult. Once you surrender- it’s over
As a country, you lose your ability to negotiate trade deals, form diplomatic relationships, or decide your own fate.
May I remind you that during the Russian occupation of Ukraine (during the USSR) Ukraine suffered mightily.

One of the largest famines in world history hit Ukraine all thanks to Stalin (Stalin was recently voted as Russia's most liked person, followed by Putin), who intentionally starved 4 million people to death in an effort to pacify Ukraine.

Also that history many Ukrainians don’t want anything to do with Russia and I can imagine why.

Ukrainians do not want to be ruled over by Putin. They want to determine their own future with their own government and their own laws.

It’s back to my original statement. Are we going to tell a woman who is being raped to submit or maybe should we tell the rapist to stop?

It’s Russia that started this war and controls the fate of things to come- not Ukraine.

Would you tell America or the UK to surrender to Nazi Germany and Japan? Would you tell the Union to surrender to the Confederates?

Another Quora Contributor

I am coming to your house with a loaded AR-15, and everyone in your neighborhood knows it. Once I gain entry, I will seize your assets, claim your home as my home, force you and your family to be my live-in servants, and, whenever I get bored, rape your spouse in front of the rest of you. You know I plan on doing all of this, because I claim to be historically entitled to all of it.

You have a snub nose .38, and your neighbors can get you more weapons before I show up.

Would you capitulate?
Re: Why Won't Ukraine Surrender To Russia, Consider Saving Lives? by maclatunji: 10:52am On May 04, 2022
The quest for power that is war, sees civilians as expendable unfortunately. That's why citizens should always work to prevent war in their country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Won't Ukraine Surrender To Russia, Consider Saving Lives? by Christistruth00: 11:35am On May 04, 2022
Russia cannot take what does not belong to Russia

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't Ukraine Surrender To Russia, Consider Saving Lives? by baralatie(m): 12:26pm On May 04, 2022
maclatunji:
The quest for power that is war, sees civilians as expendable unfortunately. That's why citizens should always work to prevent war in their country.
This statement should be refered to the op
Re: Why Won't Ukraine Surrender To Russia, Consider Saving Lives? by omis1(m): 12:49pm On May 04, 2022
Am sure if someone attacked ur home and wants to take over ur house and family and u have a chance to defend urself ,you would rather surrender and have him lord over you ,no wonder Nigeria is still this backward and our politicians enslave the citizens because of coward behavior and opinion like this .
Too bad for u and ur fellow pootin cowards slaves ,Ukrainians and no coward and would rather die fighting.
This present Russia could have been speaking German by now if they didn’t fight ww2 and stop Adolf hitler even though they lost 27million people.
Btw 35% of d red army during ww2 were Ukrainians so it’s not in there blood to be a coward like you
Re: Why Won't Ukraine Surrender To Russia, Consider Saving Lives? by baralatie(m): 2:05pm On May 04, 2022
Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Won’t he first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand?
32 If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace
Re: Why Won't Ukraine Surrender To Russia, Consider Saving Lives? by baralatie(m): 2:07pm On May 04, 2022
Now if the terms of peace was a minsk2 agreement!
Is it not foolishness to now go to war on the basis of been the backyard for destruction by two foreign enemies!

1 Like

Re: Why Won't Ukraine Surrender To Russia, Consider Saving Lives? by 989900: 5:57pm On May 04, 2022
omis1:
Am sure if someone attacked ur home and wants to take over ur house and family and u have a chance to defend urself ,you would rather surrender and have him lord over you ,no wonder Nigeria is still this backward and our politicians enslave the citizens because of coward behavior and opinion like this .
Too bad for u and ur fellow pootin cowards slaves ,Ukrainians and no coward and would rather die fighting.
This present Russia could have been speaking German by now if they didn’t fight ww2 and stop Adolf hitler even though they lost 27million people.
Btw 35% of d red army during ww2 were Ukrainians so it’s not in there blood to be a coward like you

Read the original post and get the drift -- it won't kill you.
Re: Why Won't Ukraine Surrender To Russia, Consider Saving Lives? by 989900: 6:03pm On May 04, 2022
baralatie:
Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Won’t he first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand?
32 If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace

And if according to previous history, the consequences of surrendering and fighting are nearly the same, would you still surrender or would you fight and seek for allies/assistance?

Secondly, in few sentences, why do you support oppression?
Re: Why Won't Ukraine Surrender To Russia, Consider Saving Lives? by baralatie(m): 9:03pm On May 04, 2022
989900:

And if according to previous history, the consequences of surrendering and fighting are nearly the same, would you still surrender or would you fight and seek for allies/assistance?

Secondly, in few sentences, why do you support oppression?
Was there is a negotiation brokered by France and Germany to avert this war and what was the agreement?

Second question
Why do you support avoidable destruction?

(1) (Reply)

Split Within NATO / UK Govt Paying Farmers £100k To Retire - Taking A Cue From Sri Lanka Govt. / Russian Forces Take Operational Control Of Four Settlements In Zaporozhye Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.