Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,749 members, 7,938,302 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

Any Soluction For These? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Any Soluction For These? (798 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Soluction For These? by tbay: 4:16am On Aug 08, 2007
I install winxp on a client laptop,And after installation i found out that the laptop is not bring out sound the speakers are ok.what could be the problem?
Please i need you urgent reply
Re: Any Soluction For These? by Maleeq(m): 4:32am On Aug 08, 2007
Install the driver for the sound card on the laptop. That should do it.

If you dont have it, get a download copy from the website of the manufacturer. Its usually free of charge.
Re: Any Soluction For These? by Phlota(f): 7:49am On Aug 08, 2007
My laptop goes on hibernation nd comes on wen it wants to (smtimes up to 2 wks) Currently, i av d same problem, tho it's an old model-pentium 3 wat can i do about it.
Re: Any Soluction For These? by Ralvy(m): 9:59am On Aug 08, 2007
tbay:

I install winxp on a client laptop,And after installation i found out that the laptop is not bring out sound the speakers are ok.what could be the problem?
Please i need you urgent reply

yh! the problem is probably the drivers. this happens mostly with HP, Packard Bell and some other laptops.
You may also need the Wired LAN driver.

Phlota:

My laptop goes on hibernation nd comes on when it wants to (smtimes up to 2 wks) Currently, i av d same problem, tho it's an old model-pentium 3 what can i do about it.

That ur laptop na wa oh* the thing de vex. lol

I doubt if that is a software/os problem. It is possible that ur fan(s) is/are tired and need to be replaced. The laptop hibernates because the silver panel becomes extremly HOT. So the computer goes into deep sleep to avoid damage to the motherboard.
Send it to a technician.
Re: Any Soluction For These? by hayprof(m): 10:34am On Aug 08, 2007
After installing the sound drivers for my Hp dv1000 laptop it still refused to play audio nd bring out audio in Video files,
Whats wrong,

The stand by Option in the Turn Off Computer in disable, I cant use Hibernation Neither Help! Help!!
Re: Any Soluction For These? by sojioguns(m): 6:09pm On Aug 11, 2007
@hayprof
You probably didnt install the right drivers for it. Check the hp website and download it. I am guessing the laptop didnt come with a recovery CD. As for the standby issue, first go to power options in control panel and enable hibernation. If problem still persists, i guess you need to install your chipset drivers, without which you cant enable APM (advanced power management), also check your bios and enable APM and APIC, if it is off. Hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

Software Sites! / . / Networking Two Pcs To Share Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.