Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,544 members, 7,885,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:26 AM

The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate (4176 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Best In Nigeria - THE's University Rankings 2019 / 10 Most Educated Tribes In Nigeria / These Are The States That Are Interested In Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by saintkeppy(m): 11:09pm On May 05, 2022
teresafaith:
For better understanding it's TRIBE not LANGUAGE

It's a mixture of tribe, languages and ethnic groups.

E.g No. 282. Okobo is a LGA in the Oron area an ethnic group in Akwa Ibom State. They speak 3 languages in that LGA viz Okkobor, a language from the Oron ethnic which can be understood by all.
They also speak Efik and Oron Languages in that same LGA.

There is another tribe/language in the coastal area of Oron known as Mbo their language is slightly similar to Oron language.

That is to say in Oron ethnic group they speak the main Oron language, okobbor, Mbo and Efik (calabar)Languages.
Efik language is spoken in riverian communities in Oron area sharing boundaries within the cross River estuary close to Calabar.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by Emilokoiyawon: 11:52pm On May 05, 2022
Lothaire:
If I didn't quote the whole thing,he won't see my mention.

you can mention his moniker without quoting the entire list. I can show you how.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by Techcrunchng(m): 8:37am On May 06, 2022
saintkeppy:

It is often said that Cross River is a mini Nigeria as a result of their many tribes and languages, in fact there is a village called Ubang in Obudu LGA in CRS, where men speak differently from women but they understand themselves. Tower of Babel if u ask me. smiley
Wow! Nature is wonderful.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by success4me(m): 12:38pm On May 06, 2022
MMWandali:

I didn't see the Bura people of Borno state and I know that they exist, they are not Babur

Your work is not thorough, but you've done well

@MMWandali, Bura is their but I only put it in Adamawa and I have included Bornu.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by success4me(m): 12:49pm On May 06, 2022
Lothaire:
Your list is incomplete,some are still missing.

Please help me complete the missing parts.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by success4me(m): 12:56pm On May 06, 2022
;
fattprince:

He listed Awori and Egun or Ogu(. But I didn't see ilaje and Ijebu.

angry Thanks fattprince for completing the Lagos list, it was an omission from my end because I I know Ijebu a part of Lagos. Ikorodu and Epe are Ijebus but I beg differ about Ilaje, they are migrants to Lagos and not indigenous tribe.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by success4me(m): 1:02pm On May 06, 2022
PedroEastman:
What about Eleme in Rivers state , we are a tribe and we hold the 2 Biggest Refineries in Nigeria and also the Onne Port and over 500 Big companies where 70% of Rivers indigene work so please show some respect

PedroEastman, that means you are not Nigeria indigenous abeg go look for your Country. Nna Na joke o. Please add your tribe and State.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by success4me(m): 1:07pm On May 06, 2022
Jones4190:
I didn't see nyigon, abakpa and akwaye in Benue state

Jones 4190 if you didn't see your tribe or language please add your tribe or language this is meant to educate us.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by MMWandali: 1:12pm On May 06, 2022
success4me:

@MMWandali, Bura is their but I only put it in Adamawa and I have included Bornu.

Thank
I understand
Quite commendable
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by success4me(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2022
solastan:
Weldone! Kindly include the Ijaw people. Our former president is from Nigeria
Mind you..Ijaws are in almost every state in the south.
IJAW : Edo, Ondo, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, e.t.c

solastan, very sorry Ijaw is one of the main tribe in Naija now my mistake. I apologize to the Ijaws in the house.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by PedroEastman: 2:43pm On May 07, 2022
Ray07:
FG owns the refineries not yours.

So the tribe it sits shouldn’t be recognized?
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by PedroEastman: 2:43pm On May 07, 2022
success4me:

PedroEastman, that means you are not Nigeria indigenous abeg go look for your Country. Nna Na joke o. Please add your tribe and State.

Lol thanks
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by Yorobastard(m): 8:31pm On May 08, 2022
Abuventure:
Igbo too lives in rivers however I don't know that of benue
there are also Igbo's in Benue state and even Cross River
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 09, 2022
Hundredfold4lif:
You omitted or lumped the Ikwerre into Ibo from Rivers State. This is hatred taken too far!
He is a One Nigeria Igbo Unity Beggar
He is a Fool-ani
What he does not understand is that the mood of those who want to break up Nigeria is that of everyman for himself.

YORUBA NATION NOW (NO DISPUTED BORDERS, COMMON LANGUAGE, CULTURE, NOT LANDLOCKED)
The rest of the 370 of you can sort yourselves out.

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by WhizdomXX(m): 4:47pm On May 09, 2022
success4me:

solastan, very sorry Ijaw is one of the main tribe in Naija now my mistake. I apologize to the Ijaws in the house.
Fulani is not a Nigerian tribe.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by WhizdomXX(m): 4:49pm On May 09, 2022
Nova1988:
Fulani the greatest!
Fulani the Gambian immigrants!
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by solastan: 6:08pm On May 09, 2022
WhizdomXX:

Fulani is not a Nigerian tribe.
Kindly tell us how informed you are about Fulani
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria & The States Where They Originate by WhizdomXX(m): 7:10pm On May 09, 2022
solastan:

Kindly tell us how informed you are about Fulani
Fulabis are immigrants from Mauritania and Gambia. I will update you more on this tommorow. For the main time, you can check Wikipedia and see that out of all the aforementioned tribes, only Fulanis have their origins from outside the country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SEE PICTURES: Why Is It Currently Snowing in Johannesburg After 11 Years? / Professional Course For Statistics Student / What Secondary School Did You Attend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.