Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,121 members, 7,949,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 08:38 PM

Blood Sisters: Nancy Isime Discusses Her Role In Trending Netflix Nigerian Show - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Blood Sisters: Nancy Isime Discusses Her Role In Trending Netflix Nigerian Show (608 Views)

Nancy Isime Carries A Snake Round Her Neck At 'Snake Temple' / Nancy Isime Goes Bald For New Movie With Jim Iyke (photos) / Nina Vs. Nancy Isime: Who Rocked Fringe Pants Better? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blood Sisters: Nancy Isime Discusses Her Role In Trending Netflix Nigerian Show by TheOlusanjo(m): 12:50pm On May 05, 2022
Right now, the only way to avoid seeing the face of Nancy Isime is if you stay off your phones and TV Screens –she’s literally everywhere.

​The media personality cum actress has been turning up the heat in Nollywood of late. Nancy Isime continues in her stride as she basks in the success of Netflix’s first Nigerian original series, Blood Sisters which premiered on the global streaming service Thursday Morning.

Blood Sisters is a four-part crime thriller directed by Biyi Bandele and Kenneth Gyang and produced by Mo Abudu’s Ebony Life Studios. With the set in Lagos, “Blood Sisters” encapsulates a Nigerian wedding where the bride’s best friend — who is a victim of domestic violence from her partner — accidentally kills the groom hours before their engagement party.

The show tackles themes of intra-family relationships, physical and substance abuse, love, commitment and relationships. An official description bills “Blood Sisters” as “an ode to life in the city [of Lagos] as it brilliantly juxtaposes the various socio-economic divides in Africa’s most famous commercial and social hub.”

Nancy in the spirit of Kemi, her character in Blood Sister, rocked a fugitive look in her outfit for the premiere of Blood Sister.

BLOOD SISTERS PREMIERE� Theme says Red and Fugitive, I said say no more� Literally waited for this moment for so long, super pumped it’s finally here…Nancy wrote on Instagram

Her seamless transition from the media/hosting arm of the Entertainment industry to starring blockbusters is a subject worth writing about. In one of the media rounds to promote the Netflix original series, Nancy Isime sat down with The Guardian to talk about a number of things including the show, her views on manslaughter, and why she decided to shave her head and maintain a low cut.

Below are excerpts of the interview:

Speaking about her new show, Blood Sisters, where she played Kemi, the character involved in manslaughter, Nancy said:

Embodying Kemi was interesting. She is such a strong powerhouse and knows what she wants despite her young age. She is just a girl who is family-oriented and also the kind of best friend who is ready to kill for you, literally. I enjoyed her taking over my role for the few weeks we filmed.

Look out for the blood, the gory, the horror, the twist, and just look out for the girls. It’s so funny because I feel like a lot of people would feel sympathetic towards the girls and be on their side the entire series. That’s something I want to see; are you on the side of the girls or against them?

Speaking on the topic of manslaughter, a topic which the show touches on, Nancy said:

It depends on the scenario. Sometimes it’s self-defence. So, for a man slaughtered, of course, killing a person is never right. But there are scenarios where the person was defending himself. But that’s not my part to tell. The court will always dig into it and see what it is

Speaking about her decision to shave her head and keep a low cut as her signature style, Nancy said:

I was hot one day and decided it was time to cut my hair, but I cut it to wear wigs comfortably. After cutting it, I was like, ‘See, babe, oh!’. Deciding to push the envelope further, I met up with my barber, tried a few hair colours, and Voila, a signature look, was born.

Source: https://burbles.ng/2022/05/05/blood-sisters-nancy-isime-discusses-trending-netflix-series-going-bald-in-new-interview/

(1) (Reply)

Anambra State Baba Confess How To Do Money Ritual||yahoo Boy Plus Up||yahoo Boys / Mercy Chinwo Scatters Dance Floor In Trad Wedding Videos, Celebs Storm Ceremony / Famous Sextape With Kim K Was Delibrately Planned,made And Leaked By Kris Jenner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.