Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,390 members, 7,929,228 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:21 AM

2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency (493 Views)

2023: Club Pauses Music To Preach Peter Obi's Presidency (Video) / 2023: Northerners Campaign For Peter Obi's Presidency (Photo, Video) / 13 Categories Of People That Will Benefit From Atiku/ Obi Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Newton2024: 11:22pm On May 05, 2022
*BREAKING* :

PETER OBI WAS A GUEST OF BEREKETE FAMILY TODAY. BEREKETE IS AN ABUJA RADIO 101.1 FM PHONING PROGRAM ANCHORED BY A MAN WITH STUDIO NAME; ORDINARY PRESIDENT. TRUE TO THE NAME OF THE PROGRAM ANCHOR .. HE PETER OBI THE GUEST, TURNED TO AN ORDINARY PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA. BELOW ARE SOME OF OBI'S SOUND BITES WHICH CAUTH ME SHEDDING TEARS AND WEEPING FOR NIGERIA.
I WONDER IF NIGERIA CAN AFFORD TO MISS PETER OBI'S PRESIDENCY.

1. It is a mark of irresponsibility that our children are at home and we are campaigning - Peter Obi

2. We bought our tickets at 40million/100 million. Can Nigerians demand from candidates their annual in come taxes - Peter Obi

3. Nigeria is chairing 18 billion dollars from oil revenue while Malaysia is making 50 billion dollars from Diaspora remittance - Peter Obi

4. By 2030 the whole world will be in dire need of computer engineers and health professionals to the tune of 10 million people and our children are wasting at home - Peter Obi

5.Kwamen Nkuruma University Ghana is the best university in Africa and one of the best 50 in the world in science and Technology study - Peter Obi

6. If I become the President education in primary and secondary schools will be free while Tertiary education will not be free - Peter Obi

7. My first three priority as President will be education, education and education - Peter Obi

8. I will invest and invest in education and export graduates and increase diaspora remittance from 20 billion dollars - Peter Obi

9. As Governor of Anambra State I paid all Corps members serving in schools 4,000 naira on 24th of every month as stipend - Peter Obi

10. As Governor I paid every citizen of Anambra above age of 70 and residing in rural area a stipend of 5,000 naira every month - Peter Obi

11. When I assumed office as Governor, I discovered the that Anambra State have governor's Lodge at Abuja. I renovated the building and donated it to United nations free of charge. It eliminated our cost of maintenance and till today UN has been supporting Anambra State Government - Peter Obi

12. You can fight insecurity in two ways, natural insecurity is fought by creating job and institutional insecurity will be fought with Technology - Peter Obi

13. There is nothing like security vote in our constitution. What we have is contingency vote which should be max 4% of expenditure - Peter Obi

14. As Governor they brought security vote of 12.5 billion for approval annually. From there I gave each primary school in the sate 5 million each, secondly school 10 million each and supported five school of nursing and midwifery to get accreditation. Gave about 500 first class graduates from Anambra each 1 million Naira. All cost the state 10 billion. The remaing 2.5 billion was used as security vote which covered payment of security personnel at communities, bought vehicles for 200 communities in Anambra - Peter Obi

15. To create jobs banks must be made to give certain percentage of loans to SMEs - Peter Obi

16. I have a 28 years old son who works in UK and he has no car. He has to earn and buy himself a car - Peter Obi

17. My 30 years old daughter is a teacher in a secondary school and she is happy doing her work - Peter Obi

18. Throughout my 8 years as Governor, nobody of Obi family served in my government. I was the one elected and none of them. I take all responsibility of governance - Peter Obi

19. If as President, I don't steal, my wife and children don't steal, Corruption would have been cut by 50% - Peter Obi

20. The youths you neglect today will take a revenge on you tomorrow. #TAKE BACK YOUR COUNTRY# - Peter Obi. etc. etc.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Newton2024: 11:25pm On May 05, 2022
2023 and Peter Obi are Nigeria's last chance of getting it for once. Let us shun ethnicity, political and religious sentiments for the sake of our future.
Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by CoronaVirusPro: 11:34pm On May 05, 2022
grin grin grin

Comedy!

Peter Okoye (Psquare) has more chances of ruling Nigeria than Peter Obi.

Y`all need to start facing reality glaringly.

Even PDP would not deliver a ticket to Obi, and you already here seeking support from Nigerians.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Creamypie(m): 12:46am On May 06, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
grin grin grin

Comedy!

Even PDP would not deliver a ticket to Obi, and you already here seeking support from Nigerians.
east that doesn't have votes,.,,,, less than 10% in general elections, yet they are not accommodating of people from other parts of d country, yet they Want to rule, at same time, they Want to opt out of nigeria. Their politicians are very sectional, thats y they lack courage to open serious campaign up north.APGA they created isn't for whole country, but only for one or two east states, no offices actually in other parts of Nigeria.north doesn't take them serious Truth is we southerners don't even trust the east, and with these recent killings, by Ipob. damn. If PDP field easterner, then its very easy victory for APC, make we talk truth. East will not even get south votes anymore

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by EssenLtd: 12:55am On May 06, 2022
Politics is a game of number, if the entire south east can't produce a vote that is up to Kano and Kaduna state I'm afraid we all know what that means. Couple with the current agitation in the south east, although Peter Obi will make a good president, the chances of an Igbo Man becoming the president of Nigeria soon is too slim. I'm afraid none of the two major parties would want to give their ticket to an Igbo candidate

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Tinubuadvocate: 12:59am On May 06, 2022
What this one is talking about OBi is just another politician you see out there...During his tenure as a governor of Anambra he wasn't in top 7 performing governor then what the hell are you talking about.
Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Realist12: 1:28am On May 06, 2022
8. I will invest and invest in education and export graduates and increase diaspora remittance from 20 billion dollars - Peter Obi
I say this is very wrong and wasteful, you want to use Nigerian resources to train students and send them off just increase diaspora remittance.
How about you train them sponsor them and create an enabling environment for them to import the expertise they learnt rather than import money. That's just you sponsoring brain drain .
Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Mooh247: 2:18am On May 06, 2022
BSC Philosophy

Very good at given fancy speeches yet Anambra is slowly turning to hotbed of violence in southern Nigeria
Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Amumaigwe: 2:25am On May 06, 2022
Creamypie:
east that doesn't have votes,.,,,, less than 10% in general elections, yet they are not accommodating of people from other parts of d country, yet they Want to rule, at same time, they Want to opt out of nigeria. Their politicians are very sectional, thats y they lack courage to open serious campaign up north.APGA they created isn't for whole country, but only for one or two east states, no offices actually in other parts of Nigeria.north doesn't take them serious Truth is we southerners don't even trust the east, and with these recent killings, by Ipob. damn. If PDP field easterner, then its very easy victory for APC, make we talk truth. East will not even get south votes anymore

See your mouth. That feeling expressed is mutual. We don't trust ourselves. We don't trust Tinubu too.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by obinnajohnson: 2:33am On May 06, 2022
Other tribes' hatred for the Igbos can't allow them to choose wisely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Newton2024: 6:02am On May 06, 2022
Creamypie:
But there are more killings in the North and we have been voting for them. We need to complain more about the North where terrorism is the fourth arm of government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Newton2024: 6:04am On May 06, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
grin grin grin

[s]Comedy!

[/s]

Stale. Pity your next generation. You may not survive another misrule of APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by CSTRR: 6:08am On May 06, 2022
Creamypie:
If at this stage of your life, you are more concerned with where the candidate comes from, then I pity you.

By the time you buy N100 bread for N1000 under the presidency of your brother, your eye go clear.

Peter obi is not an Igbo presidency for me.

Peter obi is a call to action.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Newton2024: 6:14am On May 06, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
What this one is talking about OBi is just another politician you see out there...During his tenure as a governor of Anambra he wasn't in top 7 performing governor then what the hell are you talking about.
Please give us the list of top 10 performing governors then.
What I could deduce is that he laid a solid foundation for good governance most especially in policy making and financing. Imagine leaving $75B cash for your successor when other governors are leaving debt in billions behind. The debt Aregbese Rauf left behind in Osun, we will still be paying it back in the next thirty years. In education, Anambra has the best education after southwest. They are performing well internationally.
Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Newton2024: 6:16am On May 06, 2022
EssenLtd:
Politics is a game of number, if the entire south east can't produce a vote that is up to Kano and Kaduna state I'm afraid we all know what that means. Couple with the current agitation in the south east, although Peter Obi will make a good president, the chances of an Igbo Man becoming the president of Nigeria soon is too slim. I'm afraid none of the two major parties would want to give their ticket to an Igbo candidate
I agree with you sir but is this how we are going to continue? When it comes to voting Northerners, we don't think of any reason not to vote them. We just need to shun sentiment for once if nigeria will get it right.
Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Newton2024: 6:31am On May 06, 2022
Realist12:
I say this is very wrong and wasteful, you want to use Nigerian resources to train students and send them off just increase diaspora remittance.
How about you train them sponsor them and create an enabling environment for them to import the expertise they learnt rather than import money. That's just you sponsoring brain drain .
That's not sponsoring brain drain.

If you have children who are talented or gifted like Okwonjo Iweala, Chimamanda Adiche, J.J Okocha, Kanu Nwakwo, Adesina of african bank, Woke Soyinka, Burna Boy, etc., would you limit them to Nigeria? For the sake of the children and family, you won't want to stop them. They will also bring good name and money for Nigeria.

Nigerians are talented and these talents can be hannarsed and garnished by sound education and training. If scholars are not traveling out enmasse, Nigeria unemployment would have been worse than this. We have more than enough human resources in Nigeria more than any country in the world. These excess human resources should not be allowed to rot in Nigeria, they must be exported.
Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Creamypie(m): 6:34am On May 06, 2022
CSTRR:

If at this stage of your life, you are more concerned with where the candidate comes from, then I pity you.

By the time you buy N100 bread for N1000 under the presidency of your brother, your eye go clear.

am a deltan, and I wish obi to be preside4, but with d impressions am seeing from east, impressions are changing
Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Newton2024: 6:39am On May 06, 2022
Mooh247:
BSC Philosophy

Very good at given fancy speeches yet Anambra is slowly turning to hotbed of violence in southern Nigeria
Why do you care more about South East than you care for North that has more violence? In the North alone, there are Islam'ic Boko-Haram terr-orists, ISWAP, Fulani killer herdsmen, brutal kidnappers and hundreds of groups of bandits. But you care less for North. Be sincere for once.
Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Igboland: 6:42am On May 06, 2022
All this foolish dead brain Igbos will just be opening senseless thread to massage their dead ego. Peter Obi ko Pete pandemic Pandora ni.
Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Newton2024: 6:43am On May 06, 2022
CSTRR:

Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Newton2024: 6:45am On May 06, 2022
Creamypie:
am a deltan, and I wish obi to be preside4, but with d impressions am seeing from east, impressions are changing
What are the impressions? What are the impressions changing?
Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Newton2024: 6:48am On May 06, 2022
Igboland:
All this foolish dead brain Igbos will just be opening senseless thread to massage their dead ego. Peter Obi ko Pete pandemic Pandora ni.
Young boy, be civil and contribute intellectually or you ignore. You don't have to be childish and insulting all the time. I am Yoruba for your information. I don't care about tribe, I care about personality and good governance.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by CSTRR: 9:46am On May 06, 2022
Creamypie:
Impressions are changing?

Because you are voting for every south easterner, along with Peter obi?
Re: 2023: Last Chance: I Wonder If Nigeria Can Afford To Miss Peter Obi's Presidency by Creamypie(m): 9:54am On May 06, 2022
CSTRR:

Impressions are changing?

Because you are voting for every south easterner, along with Peter obi?
since last night, I couldn't sleep. D video ran Down my psychology

(1) (Reply)

Behind The Mask Of GEJ Return... / APC Should Not Waste Time In Giving Yahaya Bello The Ticket- Opinion / Why I Wrote An Open Letter To Pastor Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.