Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,924 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:37 AM

I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says (714 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Adamu Garba Says Buhari Knows How To Handle, Care For His Prisoners / EndSARS: Adamu Garba Sues Jack Dorsey, Twitter CEO For $1bn / "They Will Cancel N-power" - See APC New Campaign Ad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by Gentlerespect76: 7:52am On May 06, 2022
A presidential aspirant under the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Adamu Garba II recently took to his Facebook page to share with Nigerians that as part of his education policy, he will eliminate WAEC, NECO and JAMB examinations. Adamu Garba said,

"As part of our education policy, we will reengineer our primary and secondary
school curriculum, stabilize, the system and eliminate WAEC, NECO, and JAMB. All students that pass through the process of the primary and secondary school system should automatically be qualified to get into higher institutions, based on this standard curriculum baselines."

Is this education policy good for our system? Will it solve the plethora of problems that are affecting Nigeria's education? Because canceling these examinations does not in any way affect the educational system in Nigeria, it is rather important to note that these examinations further provide an avenue for students and schools to examine themselves.

The truth is that our education system is in bad shape and requires reformation. Funding the education institutions is very important for their development. The major reason that the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has been on strike is because of agitations to fulfill some financial and developmental obligations by the Federal Government in all Universities across the country.

But in reality, Nigeria's higher institutions need funding, but the primary and secondary schools require more funding than them. Most government schools are dilapidated and need total renovation. Therefore, the idea that all primary and secondary schools in Nigeria should be taken over by the Federal Government is good and will exponentially lead to the development of our educational sector in Nigeria.

Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by Bobloco: 7:54am On May 06, 2022
Nna!
Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by Racoon(m): 7:57am On May 06, 2022
Just imagine! This is what happens when your brain can only manufacture a failed crowne app. Olodo.
Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by Parachoko: 7:59am On May 06, 2022
Adamu Garba this your system won't work in Nigeria.

UTME and NECO can be cancelled,but, WAEC and GCE should still hold.
Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by Maxymilliano(m): 7:59am On May 06, 2022
This one that is yet to show any seriousness by coming up with the requisite 100m nomination fee is talking about reengineering primary and secondary school curriculum and eliminating WAEC, NECO, and JAMB
Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by 9jahotblog: 8:01am On May 06, 2022
That’s to tell you that the guy never support education system in Nigeria.
Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by Dikegodspower(m): 8:04am On May 06, 2022
He wants to favor the north, knowing that 90% of northerners don't have waec, but we will resist him

1 Like

Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by Truthisunique2: 8:09am On May 06, 2022
Buy the form first

Na number we want count
Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by Tokskob2008: 8:10am On May 06, 2022
This guy will just introduce and force the almajiri system to the country's educational sector with this his yeye brain...
Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by Iliveforever(m): 8:23am On May 06, 2022
We go now dey write only mock exam abi
Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by GooodHardDick: 8:24am On May 06, 2022
Truly, the Hausas and Fulanis have zombies and myopic brains!

I'm sure this guy didn't go to school because, normally northerners no dey go school. In a sane country, this werey ought to have been arrested and thrown in jail by now!!
Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by Uniquetani1(f): 9:27am On May 06, 2022
Soon they will no longer be schools in Nigeria.
ASUU is on strike
ASUP is contemplating whether they should go on strike or not.
Mallam want to scrapped WAEC, NECO and JAMB

1 Like

Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by Uniquetani1(f): 9:28am On May 06, 2022
GooodHardDick:
Truly, the Hausas and Fulanis have zombies and myopic brains!

I'm sure this guy didn't go to school because, normally northerners no dey go school. In a sane country, this werey ought to have been arrested and thrown in jail by now!!

If another Hausa or Fulani President emerge, I am sorry for our educational systems

2 Likes

Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by InnoBest188(m): 9:36am On May 06, 2022
Omor men smiley

See this one don dey cast himself already maself
If this Bandit by any means becomes president

Him go islamize Nigeria
Him go scrap education totally
Him go make Arabic our official language
You see another tyrant again

Omor men
Mad people everywhere undecided
Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by KUNZEH(m): 9:47am On May 06, 2022
Rubbish
Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by Nobody: 10:01am On May 06, 2022
Dikegodspower:
He wants to favor the north, knowing that 90% of northerners don't have waec, but we will resist him

Rather,he wants to favour the south.
Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by dettolgel: 10:07am On May 06, 2022
Racoon:
Just imagine! This is what happens when your brain can only manufacture a failed crowne app. Olodo.

You know that in most western European country once you finish secondary and pass the last exam ( which is standard across the country) you are free to apply to any university and program of your choice based on your result.

No exam for university admissions except some courses with very tight and restricted numbers of students like medicine.

We should keep WAEC since it is standardised across board.
Re: I Will Cancel Waec, Neco & Jamb As Part Of Education Policy - Adamu Garba Says by nzeobi(m): 10:13am On May 06, 2022
Buy form first before you start campaigning

(1) (Reply)

Atiku South-west Tour / Unbelievable. People Fetching Water In Bucket For Fire Service (pictures) / Why Is Tinubu Yet To Condemn Both Sokoto Killing And Kano Bombing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.