Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,138 members, 7,967,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 02:01 PM

Check If You Know How To Use Punctuation Marks - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Check If You Know How To Use Punctuation Marks (275 Views)

See Why Punctuation Is Important. / 2019/2020 PTDF Local & Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Check If You Know How To Use Punctuation Marks by Emeritus1200: 8:29am On May 06, 2022
Good morning! Let me add this value to you.
Do you know that punctuation marks can change the meaning of an expression?
Look at this: Let's eat, children.
Let's eat children.
The difference between the two sentences above is comma, yet they have different meanings.
The first sentence means the speaker commands the children to come to eat while the second means that the speaker tells some persons that he with they should eat the children.
Unknowingly, the speaker of the second statement has killed people with his mouth.
Learn how to use punctuation marks. I can teach you, if you desire. I believe you got a value here.
I'm Emeritus! I teach, and write. I also mentor people. Contact me for any work on this number: 08128403205.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do See-through Phone Cases Turn Yellow-ish / Smart Earners:earn Up To 100k Monthly / CAMBRIDGE GUIDE TO IELTS FULL PDF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.