Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,819 members, 7,889,696 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:24 PM

Rev David Kayode To Contest For New York City Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rev David Kayode To Contest For New York City Council (987 Views)

Fani-Kayode To Sue Lai Mohammed, APC For N5billion (screen Shots) / Fani-kayode To Tinubu:I’m Not Funsho Williams, I Cannot Be Killed Like A Chicken / Beg Obasanjo & Be Saved- Fani-kayode To Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rev David Kayode To Contest For New York City Council by kknight1(m): 1:26am On Jul 12, 2011
A Nigerian, David Kayode, contesting for a seat in the New York City Council, United State has said he is hoping to become the first African to be elected into the council.

Kayode, who is a Baptist priest and staff member of the New York City Department of Homeless Services, is running for the 28th Council District in Queens in the election to be held in November.

He said his campaign would focus on “employment, education, housing and public safety’’ for his constituents in New York.

As an ordained priest and a credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse (addiction) Counselor, Kayode believed he would emerge the candidate to beat at the elections.

“If you fear God, you will know how to deal with individuals with issues. You will not be an island to yourself.

“If I say because I am a minister, I am not going to be a politician to help my own people, that is self prophesy.

“People in the community need people who fear God to be in City Hall and the people in City Hall know me for so long because I was a legislative aide to Thomas White from 2002 till he passed away last year.

“We have a very solid base to serve our people with the fear of God in our mind,’’ Kayode said.

Kayode, a native of the Ijero Ekiti in Ekiti State, travelled to the U.S. in 1977, and had been living in the U.S. since then.

Kayode, a democrat and supporter of President Barack Obama, is married to Adunni, with three girls and two boys.

The New York City Council is the law-making body of the City of New York and comprises of 51 members from 51 council districts throughout the five boroughs.

(1) (Reply)

America's Hypocrisy In Libya/biafra / Annoying Emails From Jobless Fellows / Ogun 2012: Budgeting To Rebuild

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.