Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,711 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:44 PM

What Do You Think Is The Solution To Zoning? Let Get Your Thoughts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think Is The Solution To Zoning? Let Get Your Thoughts (171 Views)

2023: Abaribe, Ekweremadu Lose Out As PDP Orders Strict Compliance To Zoning / APC Governors: No To Zoning, Presidential Ticket Open To All / Zoning: Let Us Respect Agreement – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Is The Solution To Zoning? Let Get Your Thoughts by nkemjacob2(m): 9:40am On May 07, 2022
To me There is competence everywhere the selection process is what should be questioned. Moreover if Nigeria was working who will care about what region should govern. However, there are six political zones in Nigeria. Let every region be giving a fair leadership opportunity. That will stop this zoning crisis.

Add your ideas.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Solution To Zoning? Let Get Your Thoughts by Adblg0610: 11:54am On May 07, 2022
Since it's Democracy we are practising and not Plutocracy or Aristocracy,I don't think we should restrict the options of candidates available to the electorates, to just one region or zone.

Barack Obama became the first black American president ,after over 200 years of democracy in USA, on merit, without zoning. He was even the 44th.

MKO Abiola, a southerner, won the 1993 presidetial elections, without zoning. He even defeated his challenger, Bashir Tofa in the polling booth in front of his house in Kano.
Let us even consider our recent past experience with zoning.

Of what benefit were the combined 14 years tenures of Obasanjo and Jonathan,if it's Muhammadu Buhari, a northerner , that has done Lagos- Ibadan expressway, Benin-Ore expressway, Apapa-Oworonsoki, Bodo-Bonny road, 2nd Niger bridge, Enugu- Onitsha road, Enugu- Port Harcourt road, Zik Musoleum, Lagos Ibadan standard guage railway and many more. All in the south.

Do we intend to bring the level office of the Nigerian President to 1999-2007,when the position of the Senate President was occupied by all the states in the south east, because it was zoned there, i e Evan Enwerem (Imo state), Chuba Okadigbo (Anambra state), Ayim Pius Ayim (Eboyin state), Adolphus Wabara (Abia state) and Ken Nnamani (Enugu state)

Instead of trivialising the office of the president by making it Turn-by-Turn Nigeria Limited, we should raise the requirements, with regard to educational qualification,work experience,etc. and leave the ultimate choice to the electorates.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Solution To Zoning? Let Get Your Thoughts by helinues: 12:15pm On May 07, 2022
Rotating the presidency between the South And North.

There is no thing like zoning
Re: What Do You Think Is The Solution To Zoning? Let Get Your Thoughts by 1875omenk: 7:06am On May 08, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Rotating the presidency between the South And North.

There is no thing like zoning
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

2023: ‘It Will Not Happen’: INEC Says Its Chairman Won’t Contest For President / Agitations In Southeast Now Criminal Enterprise – Soludo / I’m Having Fun, Nigerians Can Keep Having Heart Attack Over My Ambition-emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.