Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,350 members, 7,910,781 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 04:36 PM

Fashola And Lagos Roads - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola And Lagos Roads (10891 Views)

Fashola And Ambode Throw Souvenirs At People At Alimosho / Fashola And Gen.Olukolade At Anti-terrorism Discussion Hosted By Dele Momodu(Pic / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by seekfind: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2011
Go round Lagos state, U can hadly point at a single road outside the lekki road that is motor able. We now have POTCANALs not Potholes on the road. Some of the canals on the road could swallow a car. Area boys are on the rampage now in lagos. Lagos is not working again oooo! Where's fash and his action Gov rasmatization?
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by tpia5: 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2011
Montelik and lagosboy

you said roads are bad.

You also said the roads are fixed periodically but always develop potholes again afterwards.

Can you use deductive reasoning here and besides isnt there a ministry of works where you can send complaints to?
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2011
Lagosboy:

I can take banters and attacks but to accuse me of lying is something i take very seriously.

@Eko ile , buddie i dont trade insults on NL and you could check my posts to confirm, i will not be dragged into an arguement with you either.

I made mention of Oshodi -Isolo LG
My question to you is have you been to any street in that LG recently? I made a concrete assertion that the street on which the Local govt office is situtated is filled with big pot holes.

Ikeja LG
Many roads within GRA ikeja are filled with big massive pot holes, again this is an assertion i stand by

Gbagada, Alimosho,Mushin, inner areas of Maryland , Onigbongbo
Again , the same story of terrible roads

Now let us go back to Surulere , see my post

I clearly acknowledged that some of the roads (Bode thomas, Eric moore etc) are currently under rehab but you chose to ignore that and spread your agenda. I again repeat that Surulere roads are an eyesore , the Adelabu you mentioned , could you do me a favor and post a picture of the streets in that area. Anothe poster here who lives in the area butressed my point and you are here trying to paint black white.

I have a life outside NL and it has to be people like you whose life starts and end with NL that know who is lying and telling the truth about traveling within just 10 LG areas in small lagos out of 57 LG.

Guy , engaging you in discussion is a sheer waste of my time and sparing us your presence here would be a great favour. Other amiable discussants for and against have all posted but your mannerism is something else.

And I'm still telling you that your assertions were lies since you can not tell us that you rode on all the streets in the 10 local governments and if you still want to continue with your lies, I need you to name all the streets in the 10 local governments.

The pictures I posted are inner streets from many local governments.

You made silly blanket statements without facts, you don't have any proof to back up your claims, even basing your assessment on 10 LGs to assess the governor was flawed and shallow. You said your thread was not created in any bad faith, but how do you justify that statement when you based the man's achievements on 10 LGs and the roads you never drove on, also when we all know that the man has constructed and rehabilitated more roads than many past governors? You just can not tell me you drove on all the roads in all ten local governments. I dare you to name the LGs. Go ahead and watch me punch your lies with proof.

Your assessments was flawed. How do you even pass blame on the man for what's essentially beyond his control?  The man can only perform within his means and capabilities and if you think he should be doing more, I suggest you write the people of Lagos state a big check for Fashola to start building and fixing all the roads in Lagos state.

Everybody have something to say about roads, but they are so clueless about the state's financial burden and obligations.

Now, does it even make sense to say the same governor who was elected a little over 4 years ago let the streets in Lagos go bad and just decided to wake up and start fixing the same streets. You mean all the streets in Lagos were damaged within the 4 years he's been in office?

What about the tons of streets he's constructed within the same 4 years? You mean those doesn't count and just the ones you drove on was enough to judge and blame him for? constructed within the same 4 years?

Your thread remains ignorant, thoughtless and mindless,
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2011
Fashola Hands Over Eight Roads, 2million Gallons Water Works

…Says Adiyan Phase 2 with 75 Million gallons water a day capacity is coming

May 25, 2010 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Tuesday handed over eight major roads and a two million gallon capacity Water Works to the people, promising that the phase two of the Adiyan Mini Water Works with a capacity for 75 million gallons of water a day is on the way.

Governor Fashola who spoke at Meiran in continuation of his delivery of dividends of democracy to the people of Lagos where he handed over a two million gallon capacity Mini Water Works said the phase two is expected to complement the water output at the Adiyan one Waterworks.

He added that the Meiran Water Works represents the seventh to be handed over by the present administration since the beginning of this year listing them as in Ojo, Mende, Epe, Isheri-Oshun, Magodo and Ajegunle.

The Governor explained that in order to ensure that residents of Meiran get the water supplied to their residences, a reticulation of about five kilometers have been put in place by the water Corporation.

He was certain that the issue of people carrying pails and buckets across several kilometres in search of portable is becoming a thing of the past with the efforts of the State Government in providing pipe-borne water for its teeming residents.

Governor Fashola while handing over the Abule Egba/Ekoro/Agbelekale road told the residents that it is because of the intention of the Government to ensure that the same quality service enjoyed by people living in Victoria Island and Ikoyi is replicated in Meiran that the road is being handled by the same contractor Hitech that has handled similar ones in other parts of the State.

He said while the Government would continue to ensure that it provides a qualitative piece of life to the people, it would be their responsibility to encourage the administration by ensuring that they pay their taxes regularly.

The Governor urged the people to always obtain building approvals before they commence construction of any structure, adding that when people build without approved plans it often leads to distortion of the masterplan.

He also said the various developmental projects and infrastructural improvement across the State have led to the empowerment of several classes of people, affirming that cost of renting houses in the Ekoro and Abule Egba area has gone up considerably following the construction of the roads. He however appealed to the landlord to be considerate in charging new rates.

He urged the residents of areas that have not been touched by government to exercise patience, saying that all parts of the State would feel the presence of the government.

The Governor also urged motorists to take cognizance of the pedestrians on the walkways provided on the roads, reminding them that pedestrians as tax payers also have a right to use the walkways unhindered.

Said he: "Our work has just started. Please let everyone be patient with us. We will construct the roads in phases and ensure that they interlink. We cannot construct roads that lead nowhere. They must be linked."

The Lagos State helmsman told the audience that as long as the people kept faith with the party of ideas which is the Action Congress, more goodies are still on the way coming for the people and will happen during their lifetime.

At the Mancity/Olaniyi road in Ifako Ijaiye, Governor Fashola commended the spirit of service of the Local Government Chairmen in the area both past and present for being selfless and always placing service to the community above all other considerations.

While emphasizing his call for peaceful coexistence, Governor Fashola said as long as the people keep the peace, respect each other's religious, ethnic beliefs and respect leaders in the society, nothing would be impossible to achieve in Lagos State.

Speaking at the handing over of the Mancity/Olaniyi road, the Chairman of the Ifako Ijaiye Local Government, Mr Adeyemi Olabinjo thanked the Governor for coming to the aid of the people of the area in providing a grade A road that would help reduce pressure on the Lagos Abeokuta Express Way.

Mr Olabinjo said in line with the welfarist posture of Governor Fashola, he ruled against toll collection on the road by the Local Government, pleading with Governor Fashola to assist the council with other major roads in the area.

Also speaking at the Ekoro road handing over, a community leader in the area, Chief Kola Ogunjale commended the Governor for bringing smiles and comfort to the residents of the area, saying his feat is unparallelled nationwide.

He added that with his experience across several nations of the world, Governor Fashola is a leader who is different and uncommon and prayed for longevity for everyone to be able to witness the transformation which Lagos is experiencing through the Governor.

Governor Fashola who also drove through the Iju road which is undergoing construction was accompanied on the handing over trip by the Deputy Governor, Princess Sarah Adebisi Sosan, members of the State Executive Council, members of the State House of Assembly, Local Government Council and Local Council Development Areas Chairmen, Osun State Governorship candidate of the Action Congress in the 2007 elections, Engineer Rauf Aregbesola, National Assembly members representing the State, party leaders, community leaders and very appreciative members of host communities who came out to cheer the Governor at the various event venues.

Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2011

Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2011
So what do you call those? Inner roads or outer roads.

You people need to stop lying just to display your hatred and ignorance.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Lagosboy: 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

And I'm still telling you that your assertions were lies since you can not tell us that you rode on all the streets in the 10 local governments and if you still want to continue with your lies, I need you to name all the streets in the 10 local governments.

The pictures I posted are inner streets from many local governments.

You made silly blanket statements without facts, you don't have any proof to back up your claims, even basing your assessment on 10 LGs to assess the governor was flawed and shallow. You said your thread was not created in any bad faith, but how do you justify that statement when you based the man's achievements on 10 LGs and the roads you never drove on, also when we all know that the man has constructed and rehabilitated more roads than many past governors? You just can not tell me you drove on all the roads in all ten local governments. I dare you to name the LGs. Go ahead and watch me punch your lies with proof.

Your assessments was flawed. How do you even pass blame on the man for what's essentially beyond his control? The man can only perform within his means and capabilities and if you think he should be doing more, I suggest you write the people of Lagos state a big check for Fashola to start building and fixing all the roads in Lagos state.

Everybody have something to say about roads, but they are so clueless about the state's financial burden and obligations.

Now, does it even make sense to say the same governor who was elected a little over 4 years ago let the streets in Lagos go bad and just decided to wake up and start fixing the same streets. You mean all the streets in Lagos were damaged within the 4 years he's been in office?

What about the tons of streets he's constructed within the same 4 years? You mean those doesn't count and just the ones you drove on was enough to judge and blame him for? constructed within the same 4 years?

Your thread remains ignorant, thoughtless and mindless,

I now see your problem and this will be my last reply to you as i hate to go round in circles. Your problem is you view every criticism or negative thing raised about Lagos state as trying to rubbish Fashola. Otherwise , i cannot see anywhere in my post where i have assesed Fasholas perfomance on roads in 10 LG. Every intelligent people here would readily understand that i merley raised an observation of majority of the roads in the 10 LG travelled in Lagos.

I am a lagosian to the bones and I have no other origin apart from Lagos. I knew Lagos roads in the 80´s and even in the 90´s. I remember when the roads were bad under Oyinlola and the slogan of Oyinlola and his commissioner then Funso Wiliiams was "no bitumen" . I knew the improvment under Marwa and I know roads that have not been touched in the last 12 years.

I named local govts for you , people here could testify to it and you are here asking me to name all the streets in the 10 local govts. Do you think i am a no good who has no life outside NL or the internet. I better let you off and go back to more important pressing issues.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by tpia5: 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2011
Lagosboy:

I spent a couple of weeks in Lagos and I was terribly dissappointed by the state of Lagos roads.

ok.

what about maintenance of the roads which is what make roads stand the test of time

two weeks is enough time for you to conclude there's no maintenance on the roads.

This brings me to the manner in which LG elections are held in Lagos. All ACN candidates are handpicked and are almost 99% certain of victory once Tinubu SELECTS them. These LG chairman are not answerable to the people as they know a second term ticket is in the hands of one man and not the people. I dont even think the LG chairman show loyalty to Fashola but rather it is to Tinubu.

do you need to name names?

sounds more like a political grouse than any real concern about the roads.

These are my personal thoughts and open for discussion.

are you sure you're open to discussion.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by guyla: 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2011
Somebody pls post the pics of apapa/oshodi expressway here, dont know if it is a state , federal or LG road, but one thing is certain, the road is a death trap right now, the likely victims are lagosians.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by tpia5: 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2011
well, nothing can be done yet until the roads are dry.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by tpia5: 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2011

07 july 2011

Apapa-Oshodi Expressway: Lagos plans massive road diversions to check traffic

Following the persistent chaotic traffic situation on Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, the Lagos State Government, yesterday, set up a team of traffic managers to work out modalities on how to address the situation.

Similarly, the state government will today engage various unions and management of the Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA, and Federal Ministry of Works in a stakeholders’ meeting to proffer a permanent solution to the menace of indiscriminate parking of tankers and containers (haulage) on roads in the state.

The state Commissioner for Transportation, Mr. Kayode Opeifa, told newsmen, when he led a delegation of staff of the ministry on an unscheduled inspection of Apapa-Oshodi expressway, that the state government was disturbed by the persistent traffic gridlock on the road, which is one of the biggest and busiest seaports in West Africa

http://lagosindicatoronline.com/Apapa_Oshodi_Expressway_Lagos.html
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by tpia5: 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2011
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2011
Lagosboy:

I now see your problem and this will be my last reply to you as i hate to go round in circles. Your problem is you view every criticism or negative thing raised about Lagos state as trying to rubbish Fashola. Otherwise , i cannot see anywhere in my post where i have assesed Fasholas perfomance on roads in 10 LG. Every intelligent people here would readily understand that i merley raised an observation of majority of the roads in the 10 LG travelled in Lagos.

I am a lagosian to the bones and I have no other origin apart from Lagos. I knew Lagos roads in the 80´s and even in the 90´s. I remember when the roads were bad under Oyinlola and the slogan of Oyinlola and his commissioner then Funso Wiliiams was "no bitumen" . I knew the improvment under Marwa and I know roads that have not been touched in the last 12 years.

I named local govts for you , people here could testify to it and you are here asking me to name all the streets in the 10 local govts. Do you think i am a no good who has no life outside NL or the internet. I better let you off and go back to more important pressing issues.

Unfortunately for you, yours was not a criticism, it was a thoughtless judgmental attack and belittling of the man and his accomplishments. You made many wild claims about what you based on just talk and not facts on the ground.

You even went after him personally via his constituency when Lagosians actually are privy to what's going on in Surulere as one of the thriving and emerging areas in Lagos state.

You said your post was not crated out of bad faith, but the same bad faith was written all over your post simply because you based your judgment and assessment on a flawed and thoughtless understanding of the state's activities in terms of road construction and financial realities.

You also failed to show any kind of understanding about the many roads and other people oriented projects this man has delivered to the people of Lagos state. It's just very hard to take you seriously based on your ignorant assessments based on some faulty road drive to some streets in 10 local governments that you can not even name.

We all know there are bad roads in Lagos state, but we also know that the man's heart is in the right place and he just can not perform or build roads without the resources.

As Lagosians, we give this man 2 billion dollars every year to take care of 18 million people and a very decayed and rotten infrastructure, we also ask him to build schools, build hospitals, build roads and bridges, pay teachers, pay the highest doctors salary in Nigeria, pay the largest civil service in Nigeria next to the federal government, we want him to clean and make Lagos look good, we want him to invest in safety and security and make us safe, we want him to pay vendors and utilities with the same money, we want him to pay state agencies with the same 2 billion dollars,

Now tell, me, do you really have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that there's just not enough money to do all the things you are castigating the man for or you just think the man is a miracle worker or a magician.

Lagosians are proud of the man and appreciate what he's done for the people of Lagos state since he's been in Office. The men is refereed to as the best governor in Nigeria for a reason and not for what you are trying to sell us with your lies and silly motives.  

You knew Lagos roads in the 80´s and even in the 90´s. You remember when the roads were bad under Oyinlola and the slogan of Oyinlola and his commissioner then Funso Wiliiams was "no bitumen". You knew the improvement under Marwa and you know roads that have not been touched in the last 12 years, but you blamed Fashola/a 4 year old governor for all the bad roads in Lagos,

Nice try, please go find some little kids to spew this rubbish to,

You are free to call yourself a Lagosian as much as you want if it makes your happy and comfortable to spew rubbish and hide under, I just know better.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by guyla: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2011
[/quote][quote author=tpia@ link=topic=711593.msg8709754#msg8709754 date=1310569155]

http://lagosindicatoronline.com/Apapa_Oshodi_Expressway_Lagos.html
Good,
I pray what ever delibrations they will make includes the modalities to make the containers and tankers move only at night and early mornings, as their presence on the highway in the day poses great threat to motorists, we all see how this containers falls off at will, thereby causing loss of life at regular intervals
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2011
Lagosboy:

In addition, you claimed that you can not name the local governments you based your own thread on because you have a life outside NL, but you had a lot of time to type essays after essays using the same 10 LGs to re-assert your point, but you just just wont name the 10 LGs.

We both know you lied and the only reason you're scared to name the LGs is because you lied and you're trying not to get busted again.

You are just like many of the generic ignorant Lagos and Fashola haters on NL and the fact that you inserted disclaimers here didn't hide your intentions, it obviously highlighted them.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by vislabraye(m): 5:41pm On Jul 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

In addition, you claimed that you can not name the local governments you based your own thread on because you have a life outside NL, but you had a lot of time to type essays after essays using the same 10 LGs to re-assert your point, but you just just wont name the 10 LGs.

We both know you lied and the only reason you're scared to name the LGs is because you lied and you're trying not to get busted again.

You are just like many of the generic ignorant Lagos and[b] Fashola haters on NL[/b] and the fact that you inserted disclaimers here didn't hide your intentions, it obviously highlighted them.

You can never be objective. I wont be surprise if u are one of the advisers who told him to build roads without drainage. .

Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Lagosboy: 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

[b]We both know you lied and the only reason you're scared to name the LGs is because you lied and you're trying not to get busted again.[/b]You are just like many of the generic ignorant Lagos and Fashola haters on NL and the fact that you inserted disclaimers here didn't hide your intentions, it obviously highlighted them.

Dude, back off me, i dont have time for you again. if you know me on NL i dont fight people and i repeat iwould not go round in circles. If reading is a problem for you , then find a solution to it  see my post again
Lagosboy:

I know you choose to read what you like and leave the rest. I stated about 8 LGS in my earlier post but you chose to ignore that. LGs names are different to street names in case you dont know.

I can take banters and attacks but to accuse me of lying is something i take very seriously.

@Eko ile , buddie i dont trade insults on NL and you could check my posts to confirm, i will not be dragged into an arguement with you either.

I made mention of Oshodi -Isolo LG My question to you is have you been to any street in that LG recently? I made a concrete assertion that the street on which the Local govt office is situtated is filled with big pot holes.

Ikeja LG
Many roads within GRA ikeja are filled with big massive pot holes, again this is an assertion i stand by

Gbagada, Alimosho,Mushin, inner areas of Maryland , Onigbongbo

Again , the same story of terrible roads

Now let us go back to Surulere , see my post

I clearly acknowledged that some of the roads (Bode thomas, Eric moore etc) are currently under rehab but you chose to ignore that and spread your agenda. I again repeat that Surulere roads are an eyesore , the Adelabu you mentioned , could you do me a favor and post a picture of the streets in that area. Anothe poster here who lives in the area butressed my point and you are here trying to paint black white.

I have a life outside NL and it has to be people like you whose life starts and end with NL that know who is lying and telling the truth about traveling within just 10 LG areas in small lagos out of 57 LG.

Guy , engaging you in discussion is a sheer waste of my time and sparing us your presence here would be a great favour. Other amiable discussants for and against have all posted but your mannerism is something else.

I guess the bolded names in my post above are names of countries in Africa , or states in Nigeria.

Please back off me , if you dont like the thread simply move out , i did not create it for you, let others who can disagree without hard feelings contribute.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2011
vislabraye:

what's so objective about lies?

What's so objective about you making none factual statements?

Do you even know that by law, you can not build any road in lagos state without drainage and sidewalk?

Can you show us any new road in lagos without both including from the pictures I posted?

Now, how objetive, sane and rational are with your ignorant claims and assertions? Educate your self before opening your mouth next time.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by ideylaff: 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2011
@ eko ile, manners please, stop bn a bully, as u always are,

learn to understand other people even though they do not speak your uncouth language, or have the sharp n' filthy mouth u have,

please,

NL is not only for Touts alone, we have well mannered and cultured people on here as well.

Thank you sir.

NB: Have u found out what a dug out trench is and also how a gutter, a ditch, is different from a drainage, and what a drainage network system actually looks like.

Mr I know it all.
grin
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by tpia5: 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2011
awada.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by montelik(m): 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2011
tpia@:

Montelik and lagosboy

you said roads are bad.

You also said the roads are fixed periodically but always develop potholes again afterwards.

Can you use deductive reasoning here and besides isnt there a ministry of works where you can send complaints to?

My brother I can speak for my area, as for other areas you should ask residents for their tales. Every time LG sends people to come round collecting their various payments, I routinely point these roads out to them. D LG office is a walking distance from where I live, I even know a few people who work there (I won't repeat some of d things they have told me off record). Trust me there are people who constantly notify, complain, persuade, even bribe these people. Reporting them to d relevant supervisory bodies is even more dangerous and I can confirm this personally, cos if these guys trace it back to you, that is when all manner of parastatals will begin persecuting you. (I am speaking from experience as this happened to my family just last year after particular incident forced us to notify superior bodies). In d local government office records it is stated that d street on which I reside has been tarred and leveled 7 times (twice in d last 8 years), yet these guys have never even come to dump sand and level d road, and when it is done it is residents who do it.

As for why their work doesn't last. Luckily for me I come from a family of engineers. They always explain why their work won't last, but I am not an engineer so their technical speak always flies over my head. My father has even approached these guys telling them why what they are doing won't work and how to do it properly, but they won't listen after all d whole point of a contract to fix a road or build a drainage is to release money from d coffers so money can enter circulation, not d quality of d job done. This is what a particular project supervisor in LG offices told my brother who was trying to point out d errors of d work his contractor was carrying out.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Kobojunkie: 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2011
ideylaff:

NB: Have u found out what a dug out trench is and also how a gutter, a ditch, is different from a drainage, and what a drainage network system actually looks like.

ROFL
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 11:53pm On Jul 13, 2011
Lagosboy:

Dude, back off me, i dont have time for you again. if you know me on NL i dont fight people and i repeat iwould not go round in circles. If reading is a problem for you , then find a solution to it  see my post again
I know you choose to read what you like and leave the rest. I stated about 8 LGS in my earlier post but you chose to ignore that. LGs names are different to street names in case you dont know.

I guess the bolded names in my post above are names of countries in Africa , or states in Nigeria.

Please back off me , if you dont like the thread simply move out , i did not create it for you, let others who can disagree without hard feelings contribute.

1. Asking you to provide proof to justify your claims and fighting are 2 different things, stop playing victim, just back up your claims with facts, we don't function on hearsay because we are not gullible mumu.

2. You did not name any local governments, you named roads just like your thread title, roads and local governments are not the same.

3. Gbagada or gbagada roads is not a local government

4. Ikeja GRA roads is not a local government

5. Oshodi and Isolo are separate local governments

6. Stop shifting, you mentioned many roads, not just the ones with HQ.

Or do you mean Mushin roads = More than one HQ in Mushin LG or even in  Gbagada which is  not even a LG.

7. You can not judge, belittle or discount the Governor based on a few roads that you can not even name as a Lagosian that I really think you are not.

8. I did not leave out anything, but you left out all the many roads the governor has built including the ones I posted hence your silly ignorance about Lagos state and it's activities.

9. As a Lagosian, I make a lot of claims about Lagos state and our governor, but never without facts and even pictorial proof to back up my claims. Till this very second, you have nothing to stand on but your flawed claims.

10. Yours is like saying Nigerians are all into 419 just because of a few bad eggs, such assertions are very ignorant since you haven't met 150 million Nigerians and in your case, you didn't even  get to ride on on all the roads in your imaginary 10 local governments talk less the 36 LGs and LCDAs.

Making blanket statements that you can not support with facts is wrong, it's basically lying. Trying to tarnish  the man's reputation and achievements is cruel and evil. Be like the rest of the generic NL haters and tribalists if you must, but no need to hide under some silly Lagos sounding names and disingenuous disclaimers, that I really can not stand.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by tpia5: 3:00am On Jul 14, 2011
montelik:

My brother I can speak for my area, as for other areas you should ask residents for their tales. Every time LG sends people to come round collecting their various payments, I routinely point these roads out to them. D LG office is a walking distance from where I live, I even know a few people who work there (I won't repeat some of d things they have told me off record). Trust me there are people who constantly notify, complain, persuade, even bribe these people. Reporting them to d relevant supervisory bodies is even more dangerous and I can confirm this personally, cos if these guys trace it back to you, that is when all manner of parastatals will begin persecuting you. (I am speaking from experience as this happened to my family just last year after particular incident forced us to notify superior bodies). In d local government office records it is stated that d street on which I reside has been tarred and leveled 7 times (twice in d last 8 years), yet these guys have never even come to dump sand and level d road, and when it is done it is residents who do it.

As for why their work doesn't last. Luckily for me I come from a family of engineers. They always explain why their work won't last, but I am not an engineer so their technical speak always flies over my head. My father has even approached these guys telling them why what they are doing won't work and how to do it properly, but they won't listen after all d whole point of a contract to fix a road or build a drainage is to release money from d coffers so money can enter circulation, not d quality of d job done. This is what a particular project supervisor in LG offices told my brother who was trying to point out d errors of d work his contractor was carrying out.

your observations are noted no doubt, but part of the reason why it seems like the work doesnt last, is also due to the heavy traffic as well as the nature of the soil.

there was a thread on this last year or so.

of course one can never rule out inexperience or corruption, but that's not always the case. Just that it's what nigerians are used to, so we have a tendency to evaluate everything through that lens.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by biilwwu(m): 10:58am On Jul 14, 2011
I think the Poster is correct to some extent, But to say the fact Lagos govt is working , if many other states govt are working like Lagos,
Lagos will not be over populated, Having said that the Local govt in Lagos need to be up and doing,is like many of them has gone to sleep,they need to compliments the work of the state govt.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Oby1(f): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2011
Bad contractors contribute to the problem. For instance Cardoso Street in Kirikiri Town was in good shape last year when it was repaired, but if you come now you won't recognize that same street again, even the pavements used in building the gutters have collapsed, all due to bad contractors.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2011
Oby1:

Bad contractors contribute to the problem. For instance Cardoso Street in Kirikiri Town was in good shape last year when it was repaired, but if you come now you won't recognize that same street again, even the pavements used in building the gutters have collapsed, all due to bad contractors.

If you acknowledge that the work was actually delivered on, by the contractors, how can you then turn around to blame the same when their finished product gets destroyed, possibly by the elements, and maybe neglect from the part of the end owner? sad
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by phantom(m): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2011
Ekoile, do you live in Lagos?the kind of enthusiasm you show should make you go out and take pictures of your lovely lagos roads and not lift pictures from the net.prove to us all that you are in lagos now, and actually know what you talkin bout, and for the record i wouldnt expect the OP to know the streets he drove on especially when he lives no where near those places, Ekoile, do you live in Lagos?the kind of enthusiasm you show should make you go out and take pictures of your lovely lagos roads and not lift pictures from the net.prove to us all that you are in lagos now, and actually know what you talkin bout, and for the record i wouldnt expect the OP to know the streets he drove on especially when he lives no where near those places,
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by djustice: 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2011
From the long, detailed (even if the details are just a bunch of rubbish and repeatedly recycled photo-opportunities), an almost automate responses from Eko-Ile whenever Fashola or ACN are mentioned in any post that looks negative, it is obvious that this is a job for him. He resumes on Nairaland, and works round the clock. He is paid to do this job.

Now, that's conscientiousness for you. If only Fashola, Tinubu and the rest of their co-traveller could learn from the consistency and pig-headed doggedness as well as dedication-to-the-cause of their employee, Eko-Ile, wouldn't things be much better in Lagos?
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by keeptrying: 12:34am On Aug 04, 2011
Lagosboy,don't mind all this Fashola supporters especially Eko-ile and otapiapia or tpia whatever. I assumed they are paid to attack fashola's "enemies".I personally travelled to five LG in lagos, i did not see any roads without holes.What a shame embarassed
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by tpia5: 6:00am On Aug 04, 2011
these senseless and s.tupid looking new multiple user ids [most with under 50 posts] are getting so annoying.

bunch of oversabi smartazzes.

very unoriginal and boring group.

i'm referring to the choice of user names, if comprehension skills are at normal levels for most of you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Postpones Convention Till 2018 / Dapo Abiodun: Bus, Rail Operations From Ogun To Lagos Will Begin Soon / Postponement Of Subsidy Removal Disappointing, Says Magnus Abe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.