Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,483 members, 7,881,658 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 06:21 AM

My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. (33252 Views)

My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Biodun Fatoyinbo's Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 10:55pm On May 08, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Hinduism can't change your life. Only Jesus saves. Even Christian religion can't save you.
Christianity can't change life, only Krishna saves.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Illusionale(m): 10:57pm On May 08, 2022
My own is and will always be
If God is so good and everything about him is beautiful
Why is this world bad
Why do people suffer
From birth to youth to adulthood to Old age
People suffer
E be like una no no say people are born without evil in them
It is the world that imbues evil and the child reciprocates
Make God cleanse this world nau
Me I believe in God, I pray and I try to live right
As for religion and churches and the rest
I steer clear
Their headache and inconsistencies are too much
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by kingreign(m): 11:01pm On May 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Religion is for the weak..
Religion is for the ignorant.. ignorance makes you weak.. therefore religion is for the weak who are too scared to think for themself..

In his heart, a fool says there’s no God.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Pascaldebravoo: 11:01pm On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
No one has been able to prove reasonably the existence of God.
No one has been able to prove reasonably the nonexistence of God.

But you have been able to prove there is satan, shey?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by saintHot: 11:02pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
I'm too woke for those fairy tales Sorry.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.
ur life came by chance abi?when u eventually die(make sure u start putting how that last minute experience would be like at the back of ur mind)na then u go see real "WOKE"..I'm not Christian but a muslim.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Eriokanmi: 11:03pm On May 08, 2022
Illusionale:

So first, God made someone else suffer in exchange for you at the exam Hall
Someone with dreams and aspirations

Two,
Woh Goan rest sir
I doubt you read my post well. How can you compare who never had any intention to cheat but was revealed how it would happen and I should take caution, with somebody who had an intention to cheat by carrying an expo into the hall and was caught rend handed while dubbing? I never had any intention to do that. The guy just wanted to implicate me, pressuring me to write and give to him what I had done. I didn't ask him for any expo. He just wanted to give me his, so I could be forced to write and give to him what he asked for. Hope you undestand better now.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by favour32(m): 11:05pm On May 08, 2022
If witchcraft dey....
Then,wetin remain?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by ezewealth(m): 11:06pm On May 08, 2022
LandMann:

The world was designed to reward good and evil deeds. Some people's reward come quickly, some take time. It's called karma. Pastors understand this and get trained in other psychological skills which they use to manipulate people like you.

Your spirituality should be your private affair and you should not force it down the throat of others. You painted God as unjust/unfair by describing how "He" rescued you from being caught in exam malpractice while somebody else was caught in your stead. Is that how God works? The God I know is not unjust/unfair, and by virtue of how he has designed this world, we'll all get rewarded for our actions one day. Keep your hands clean and keep doing more of good and favour will follow you. No need allowing one pastor brainwash you into not being able to think for yourself and ascribing everything to the work of God, even when you clearly do wrong/evil. God is not partial/unjust/unfair.
Thank you for teaching DAT guy, that is why I love Hindu religion. Any energy you give out in this world will boomerang back to you. If you didn't get it your lifetime, you will reincanate n face it ur next life
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by OkpoloNyash: 11:06pm On May 08, 2022
Supernatural Powers exists, but as for religion it is full of shit.
It's a tool for scamming people worldwide. It's a business organization.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Deldrax29: 11:06pm On May 08, 2022
If you don't believe in God, then you are fool! And if you think you are smart by not believing in God, then you are trying to say that your father is stupid, which is basically senseless.
We are in 2022, stop being a fool

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Crafteck1: 11:08pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.

Same boat, mine is mfm pastor, its all a scam

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Lightman300(m): 11:08pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:

You are rich,smart,handsome, etc.
I laugh at the display of your pristine naivety.
Have you heard of Blaise Pascal?
He was a Philosopher, Mathematician,Physicist, Theologian.
I ask,what's the value of your smartness, handsomeness,etc ?
This is the position of Pascal :
If you believe in God,you died and get to the "other side" and discover there is nothing called God, you loose nothing.
But if you dont believe that there is God, then you died and only to discover that there is God and eternity, who looses?
When mere mortal acquire material "things" that canker and rust away
,they begin begin to feel that the world revolves around their fickle lives.
The earlier you retrace your ignorant step the better for you.
Your belief or lack of belief does not add or remove from His Godness and goodness.
He is God all by Himself (a Sentient being). Selah
I hope you're not catching cruise?

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Deldrax29: 11:08pm On May 08, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
how do I ask God when he doesn't exist?

Stop being stupid. Your question should be "I don't know how to ask God. How do I go about it?"
The reasons you atheists give for the nonexistence of God is always dumb.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by saintHot: 11:09pm On May 08, 2022
Illusionale:
My own is and will always be
If God is so good and everything about him is beautiful
Why is this world bad
Why do people suffer
From birth to youth to adulthood to Old age
People suffer
E be like una no no say people are born without evil in them
It is the world that imbues evil and the child reciprocates
Make God cleanse this world nau
Me I believe in God, I pray and I try to live right
As for religion and churches and the rest
I steer clear
Their headache and inconsistencies are too much
try read an English translation of the quran it wouldn"t hurt,if in the least didn't benefits u
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by ayo2008: 11:09pm On May 08, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Don't quote the bible for me, I don't take anything seriously from that storybook. The book is like spiderman comic as far as I'm concerned

You are the person who needs help, you are indoctrinated with nonsense from childhood that has hinder you from reasoning rationally

The aftermath of watching too many Hollywood movies. It will be a spider Man comic to you cos that is how the devil what you to look at it. God loves you so much....the things of God are foolishness to some people but is the best choice to make .. trust me

Ask yourself today, if you die , where will you go?
Being a pastor's son doesn't guarantee salvation or being a church boy... accept Jesus Christ today as your personal lord and saviour cos He loves you .John 3:16
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Charly68: 11:09pm On May 08, 2022
I pray you wont learn in a hard way..

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by saintHot: 11:11pm On May 08, 2022
Lightman300:

You are rich,smart,handsome, etc.
I laugh at the display of your pristine naivety.
Have you heard of Blaise Pascal?
He was a Philosopher, Mathematician,Physicist, Theologian.
I ask,what's the value of your smartness, handsomeness,etc ?
This is the position of Pascal :
If you believe in God,you died and get to the "other side" and discover there is nothing called God, you loose nothing.
But if you dont believe that there is God, then you died and only to discover that there is God and eternity, who looses?
When mere mortal acquire material "things" that canker and rust away
,they begin begin to feel that the world revolves around their fickle lives.
The earlier you retrace your ignorant step the better for you.
Your belief or lack of belief does not add or remove from His Godness and goodness.
He is God all by Himself (a Sentient being). Selah
I hope you're not catching cruise?
guy u smart die,this is what I call wisdom..
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Deldrax29: 11:11pm On May 08, 2022
Udemzy05:
It is not by force to believe in God but I hope you have good conscience?

That's all that matters.

You and the poster don't have sense
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by ayo2008: 11:12pm On May 08, 2022
Charly68:
I pray you wont learn in a hard way..

I pray so too.. seriously
Deep down in his heart...the Peace of God is missing ..,...he needs Jesus Christ who is the prince of peace

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 08, 2022
God almighty is real. He exist and you can only know ahim if you believe. I am a living testimony of is existence. Don't invite His anger please.
Amotolongbo:
No one has been able to prove reasonably the existence of God.
No one has been able to prove reasonably the nonexistence of God.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Deldrax29: 11:13pm On May 08, 2022
Blake755:
I need an honest answer why is it those who doesn't believe in God are always successful

It's obvious you are a kind of person who doesn't think and reason ahead.
It you want to bark at me, no problem
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 08, 2022
kingreign:

In his heart, a fool says there’s no God.

A wise person says it outside and louder. Zoneb

grin grin grin
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FEEXEZ(m): 11:15pm On May 08, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
how does Newton believing in God an evidence for god? That's his personal opinion and it has not to do with hsi works in science.

Before you reply, check "appealing to authority" fallacy
I thought you said you were smart but your smartness is jumping besides newton.
the science can't describe man creation giving stupid ideology (example biochemist will says there was a rare mixture of compound which leads to zygote. They now explain more on the element) you may not GOT what i am trying to let you know unless youre smart
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Deldrax29: 11:16pm On May 08, 2022
Righthussle:

That's my problem with African Christians. They condemn the human sacrifice in African traditional religion and then tell how a man called Jesus was sacrificed for my sins. And I always asked them, is the sacrifice of Jesus not a human sacrifice?

And you will always have problems. Simple. The issue is not with the sacrifice itself but to whom you are sacrificing that thing to.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by chiedu7: 11:20pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:

Excellent move bros.

When ur father dies the blood of Jesus will save him,when u die we hope ur money will save u.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by DaPhilo: 11:22pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
It's been quite long I respond to a post on this wonderful forum, but I've got this to on this particular topic: as an equally a trained Philosopher, proving God's existence in itself amounts to invalidating whatever argument you advance for His existence. Best bet, just go to your closet and challenge Him on His existence, power and omnipotency. You'll not need any pastor or Alfa to prove to you He exists.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by HellVictorinho4(m): 11:24pm On May 08, 2022
czarr:
You are just confusing yourself. Your disbelief doesn't mean anything. God is real to he who believes. God is not real to he who doesn't believe.

Continue in your disbelief
While we will continue in our belief.
No need for grammar, there is no award.

What is God made of?

Is it enough to be despised and hated for asking such questions?

Nigeria is a place where you're despised by almost everyone for asking such questions.... they're seen by many as stupid questions.

But the concept of God doesn't make you a better person.

So,call me a lunatic or whatever ...... some bastards here vomit like dogs because they know I have sought financial assistance here before ..they include believers in God.

The world can never be a better place just because of the concept of God.

It will take more than that.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Deldrax29: 11:24pm On May 08, 2022
OkpoloNyash:
Supernatural Powers exists, but as for religion it is full of shit.
It's a tool for scamming people worldwide. It's a business organization.

Religion is not a business organization. Only people turn it into a business. If supernatural powers exist, how can you say the opposite for religion?
Now listen. Religion is not the belief in God. Our SOS teachers taught us rubbish. Religion is the belief in demons who pose themselves as gods. Christianity is not a religion. Islam is a religion because Islam is not from God.
Islam was created by Baal and Astharoth. If you read the Bible and are smart enough, you will discover it. Muslims are deceived all around the world today. If they really preach peace, look at Islamic countries today. Look at Boko Haram. Are they really peaceful?
You go to mecca, they kill you because you are christian. There is nothing right with religion today. I won't talk about other religions.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Udemzy05: 11:25pm On May 08, 2022
Deldrax29:

You and the poster don't have sense

You're the one with no brain, person say he no believe in God,you wan force am?

We get pastors and Imam wey believe in God yet na rubbish dem dey do,but if you get good conscience,you go dey do good and that's all that matters.

Omo no be by force to believe in God ooo
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by fabuloz1(m): 11:25pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
My mum was terribly afflicted in the early 80s with a strange ailment. My dad spent and spent, no solution. She was admitted in hospital for weeks, alas! One elder now late, suggested we move into a mission house where prayers were being offered morning and night and in the process, she got healed. Her head would be making noise like when you're near a generator even in a very cool silent environment. She'd even asked if we heard such sound and we'd say no. She got healed completely and that's how we became born again. She's almost 90 years old now.

One day, after a send forth service conducted for a pastor who just got promoted with transfer elsewhere, he was praying for people as they knelt before him. He had the gift of prophesy. When it got to my turn he said to me that I had great journeys ahead of me. That I'd travel a lot and then I was in JS3. Today, I had touched the length and breath of the earth, to the glory of God.

In my undergraduate days, as I was sleeping in my hostel one night, God showed to me some things...He had always done this severally before then. He revealed that I was caught in an exam malpractice. I don't joke with whatever He reveals, regardless of the nearly impossible circumstances around me. God respects His words even more than His name...the bible says so. I was vibrating within me. I used to be one of the best students in my set. How would I now be caught up in such a mess? I didn't take it lightly. I prayed violently and rebuked it.

Lo and behold, on that fateful day, it was our last paper. I had even forgotten. The revelation came to pass. God is my witness to this. It was the exact location as seen in that revelation, on the same desk, I was seated by same window, in same exam hall and same lecturer stood beside the window. Then I quickly remembered. It was as if I once watched a movie which was being replayed. There was a course mate by the name Demola. He had problem solving one of the questions. I told him I hadn't gotten to that number. This guy was disturbing. He said please let me send you the ones I had done maybe in exchange for those questions I had solved. Suddenly, this guy sent me the expo. I was restless. All of a sudden, invigilators entered the exam hall, about 5 in number. I quickly hid the expo inside my booklet and suddenly, a lecturer appeared by the window near me, observing things, same man as seen in that deam wearing same clothe. I said, mogbe ooo. The invigilators started checking booklets from page to page. I was 5th on that row and the first row for that matter. It was as if all eyes were on me. By the time they got to the 2nd student, I pretended as if I was reviewing my work, suddenly I squeezed the expo and violently threw it behind underneath the desk.

They quickly rushed to me and asked what happened. I told them my pen dropped and I was trying to look for it. They asked me to step out of the desk, searched everywhere, up to the 2nd student behind me, they searched my booklet page by page. They found nothing they now asked me to sit down. I'd have been rusticated that day. But because God had revealed it earlier and I had prayed against it, it was someone else who was caught.

My brother travelled to America for the first time in 2003. On getting to POE in America, after he had been admitted, a CBP accusted him and asked for his passport. He said the picture wasn't matching his identity because his real look didn't match the pic on the visa sticker and the one on his profile page. He laughed hysterically because he obtained his visa by himself , got interviewed in Lagos and nobody assisted in filling-in his DS160 form. The man said he wasn't kidding. He was interrogated at the secondary inspection side . He was asked to place his fingers on the screen which revealed all his biodata as recorded in the American consulate in lagos and his visa details still they didn't velieve him...hard to believe right? Village people are real. Na that day I know.

In short he was locked up in the cold cell and deported 2 days later. On getting home he called my sister who took him to the pastor of their church. The man said as soon as he obtained the visa, he was showing it to everyone instead of hiding it and be praying for success of his trip. He said there was one woman who saw it with her evil eyes and cancelled it spiritually. He said he was going with an empty passport unknowingly. He said the woman was saying so, you want to go and make it abi? He said the man would pray hard but he wouid have his visa restored as God had said. But he will pray very hard cos of his image that had been dented. He also told him that when the time was ripe he'd see signs. Truly it happened. When he reappeared for another interview a few years later at us embassy in lagos, the visa officer said he had seen all that happened on the system but he wouldn't give him visa but would apply for a waiver of ineligibility which he's seeing on his profile and the application could either be granted or rejected by one and only attorney General of the United States, that he should be checking his mail frequently. One day they mailed him that his waiver had been granted and he should send his passport to us embassy for his visa via a designated DHL office. No interview conducted, no additional fees charged. That's how God restored him. He's one of the popular figures in Nigeria today...a successful businessman.

At times, God would just reveal to me some things about my neighbour which would eventually happen. In fact, I can't remember one-tenth of my encounter with God. This is just a few. Cheers.

I believe you 100%. send me a pm please? I need your visions
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Willie2015: 11:33pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:

U are yet to experience serious life challenges..
Things are still going on smooth as planned..
That's why you think you are smart ..handsome rich and non religious..
Dont worry ..
when bad life challenges start knocking on ur door
U will look stupid with.... your smartness.. handsome ...rich ..etc
The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / "Marry Your Best Friend" - Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe Speaks On His Marital Journey / Don't Distract Me With Partisan Politics - Pastor E.A Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.