Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,500 members, 7,944,446 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:38 PM

I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University (34821 Views)

Am I Too Old To Further My Education? / Is A Female Of 23years Too Old To Start 100 Level In The University? / Sights From The University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by tfelicityk(m): 12:28pm On May 09, 2022
Go hang yourself then...
Why you are demoralising yourself? You better be determined and focus on so as you graduate successfully.
With such thinking you are becoming failure...
I graduated in 2008/2009, then 58 to 68 years old man came to lautech to study medicine and he participated in all the 100level activities.
In fact, his grandsons/daughters (I meant students) were mocking him. Guess what he cares less.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Kajaard: 12:34pm On May 09, 2022
idu1:
Yes very old. Drop out.

Don't mind the mumu.
Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Maryo12(f): 12:34pm On May 09, 2022
I know of someone that started medical such.at the age of 35 or 38 or so before he graduated he should be 40 something. He must have been a consultant now it's a long I hear from him. Oga has focus don't live your life to please.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by christistruth01: 12:41pm On May 09, 2022
NasCarter:
I am a 28yo medical student still in 400L and i am feeling like i am too old..

My Sister Graduated at 29 as a Doctor and there were many in her Class older than her

She is now a Doctor in the UK after travelling out

3 Likes

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 09, 2022
NasCarter:

Hmm, when I was in university, I knew medical students who finished primary school when I was still in Nursery school, and some who even finished first degree (bsc) when I was still in secondary school.(two who even finsihed Bsc when i was in primary school self.). One of my seniors even graduated in another course, worked for a while, and then went back to university to do medicine. By DE even.

All doctors now.

Better not let your age disturb you. I also know many guys and girls who would donate their right kidney and liver just to study medicine (ok, I am exagerrating, but you get the point).

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Majesty33(m): 12:51pm On May 09, 2022
Hmmmm this OP is very bored oooooh and doesnt know how to catch fun and make himself happy. If at 28 he is too old to be 400 level.
Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Discountsempai: 12:53pm On May 09, 2022
theoryy:
I am a 39years old orphan and a disabled female,I am a tailor and mother of three kids, my husband ran away since 2019 things haven't been easy for us because my business isn't moving.
As I'm typing this I haven't eaten anything since yesterday so are my kids, and my first son clocks 7yrs tomorrow May 10.

I'm appealing to God people of Nairaland to please help me with anything just to feed as i am experiencing serious financial hardship right now.. send to 4141249390, Ecobank

Thanks in advance and God Bless you.

Hmmm

ChooseWisdom96:
For Four months now my company hasn't paid us our salary, I'm a widow with two beautiful twins,its been difficult for me to feed and i dont want to do ashawo work.please help us to survive, anything please send to Ecobank, 4141249390. T. Chigozie.

Thank you.

Before you were a company worker and widow with twins. Now you are a tailoress with three children, and a husband that ran away?

What game are you playing, my guy.?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by okaba04: 12:57pm On May 09, 2022
My brother am 32 in 400l .. me sef don tired but GOD dey

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by mukthar2000(m): 12:57pm On May 09, 2022
Keep moving and courageous with ur education bro, I can see depression on u and discouragement. Pls don't get discouraged

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 09, 2022
AVECDEO:

The destination is nearer than where you're coming from.

Hold on and finish the fight.

You won't regret it.

Besides going by your age you're still a youngster on the right path.

Please don't lie to him! stop all this lies, you re still young lies, his parents might be ashamed of him at 28 his still in uni, Op u re too old to still be in the uni, but I suggest you start looking for job now b4 u come out, with ur age u re automatically exempted from NYSC , so no more wasting of ur already scarce resource,
Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by godwon01(m): 1:02pm On May 09, 2022
I am close to 60yrs, if I have the opportunity to read medicine, I will not think twice to start the study. It is either you are not destiny to do it or not getting on well with the course.

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by DrDunamis(m): 1:07pm On May 09, 2022
NasCarter:

There are those older than you still in medical school and in junior levels. Keep calm and be humble

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by cryptic93(m): 1:09pm On May 09, 2022
NasCarter:

NasCarter:

NasCarter:

if you are 28 and still in 400L, then what can i say about me been 28 in 200L...... dude , you just need to wild out with your guys often just to reset tha perception box.. .
i dig wha you feel though!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by DrGeoAngel: 1:11pm On May 09, 2022
NasCarter:

I am older than you are. But I am still in 300L studying Medicine too. NDU to be precise.

I don't feel I'm too old. Infact, I have men also older than I am in my class...

Rather, I thank God for the opportunity,.and I keep receiving grace everyday when I pray, that I may graduate successfully and become that Doctor that wants to make a difference.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Abujakenneth: 1:23pm On May 09, 2022
7b
dangoteinlaw:
During 300L I was 31. Only diff was more money to spend, didn't attend school regularly self. You care what ppl say and it will ruin you if not taken care of. You better start minding ur biz, anyone in ur circle trying to intimidate u with stuffs like degrees, family, etc cut them off. The more u see them the more u think u are not doing well. There are over 9b ppl on the planet and u allow some pack of 6-10ppl decide ur life?
Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by arantess: 1:26pm On May 09, 2022
NasCarter:

i know a man that was course mate with his daughter and you are sounding like this

you can quit if you feel old sha
Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Aarenasbaba(m): 1:29pm On May 09, 2022
Old bawo..... Once you think you're old, some people are older than you....in any place you found urself.... you're always @ d middle
Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Olam09(m): 1:30pm On May 09, 2022
NasCarter:

Your age is okay with the level bro. You ain't fuçking old.
Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by 21savages: 1:34pm On May 09, 2022
NasCarter:

yours is even better, me that is 29yrs nko counselling psychology 300L...

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by na2016: 1:45pm On May 09, 2022
AVECDEO:

The destination is nearer than where you're coming from.

Hold on and finish the fight.

You won't regret it.

Besides going by your age you're still a youngster on the right path.

This comment has actually given me the morale to push further in my study. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by NasCarter: 1:47pm On May 09, 2022
NasCarter:

I have read all the comments on this thread and must say i am ashamed of myself for being ungrateful. I guess it's the frustration from ASUU strike and all. May God forgive me

6 Likes

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Suspect33(m): 1:50pm On May 09, 2022
fattprince:

Wasn't making headway when I got to year 3. You know that feeling that getting a thing will be difficult and even after getting it after the difficulty it might not be worth it. So I decided not to waste time. If not for COVID and ASUU I should be rounding up service now.
I get it.. Good luck bro.
Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by fattprince(m): 1:56pm On May 09, 2022
Suspect33:
I get it.. Good luck bro.
Thanks, but for the record why I wasn't making headway was because I was not passionate about accounting. Was just looking for a simple course that could serve as option B. My real dream is to be a pro footballer and even be in FIFA franchise. I still believe I can make it though. Afterall I'm just 19(football age wink*)
Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 09, 2022
Agugbadin:

How old was your professor's wife.
in her 30s
Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by olaarie(m): 2:15pm On May 09, 2022
As he no get sense now✌

temitope27:
Bros drop out and go learn auto mobile mechanic work
Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Suspect33(m): 2:18pm On May 09, 2022
fattprince:

Thanks, but for the record why I wasn't making headway was because I was not passionate about accounting. Was just looking for a simple course that could serve as option B. My real dream is to be a pro footballer and even be in FIFA franchise. I still believe I can make it though. Afterall I'm just 19(football age wink*)
grin
Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Stargurl20(f): 2:20pm On May 09, 2022
NasCarter:

I know someone who's 30 and still at med sch. When you become a graduate, you will realize the worth of what you have.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by studentpreneur: 2:23pm On May 09, 2022
Better change your mentality and brace up.

Do you have anything you're doing besides medicine? If no, figure it now.

NasCarter:

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by otunbateejay(m): 2:40pm On May 09, 2022
NasCarter:

...e so peee e fe fo fence
Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by Toktee(m): 2:42pm On May 09, 2022
NasCarter:

Na wao for you o...

I am 39 now in 400L...

Never give up on your dreams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University by donrexhibites(m): 2:51pm On May 09, 2022
Bro, I graduated medical school at 31, after x+2. I'm almost a plastic surgeon now and barely remember med school palaver. Hang in there.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Spiritual Benefits Of Alligator Pepper / How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School / ABU Fresh Graduate Dies In Accident, Hours After Posting 'Am Coming Home'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.