Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,220 members, 7,884,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:21 AM

The Metaverse (xr,nfts,dao,ai,web3): Free Class for student Affected By ASUU str - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The Metaverse (xr,nfts,dao,ai,web3): Free Class for student Affected By ASUU str (542 Views)

Join My Legendarg Web3 Community (airdrops) changed to LUCENT DAO / Who Else Is Affected By The Cryptó Crash? Share Your Experience (Meme) / METAVERSE/NFTs Investors Hangout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Metaverse (xr,nfts,dao,ai,web3): Free Class for student Affected By ASUU str by Nobody: 10:54am On May 09, 2022
Hello guys. My name is lord Goldenswap ,the CEO Goldenswap Virtual Academy. We are here to teach undergraduates who are interested in learning a skill to start their own journey to the future of technology: THE METAVERSE

SKILLS TO BE LEARNT
1.3D MODELING
2.VR HEARSET OPERATIONAL GUIDE
3.DEVELOPMENT OF V-COMMERCE PLATFORM

....AND MANY MORE....

I NEED 20 PEOPLE TO AFFIRM BEFORE I CONTINUE

Re: The Metaverse (xr,nfts,dao,ai,web3): Free Class for student Affected By ASUU str by Robertzini: 10:09pm On May 09, 2022
Continue
Re: The Metaverse (xr,nfts,dao,ai,web3): Free Class for student Affected By ASUU str by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 09, 2022
Since someone has shown interest....let's begin with the tip tonight

What is “the metaverse”?
The concept of “metaverse” isn’t new. The term was first coined in the 1992 science fiction novel Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. It was reignited again when Facebook rebranded itself to Meta in October 2021. But this time it has taken a non-fiction tone. According to Mark Zuckerberg’s promo Meta clip, the metaverse promises a digital reality where we as avatars roam around a 3D digital landscape, where everything and anything is within our visual reach. Wearing virtual reality (VR) headsets, one can expect to check into work, shop, hang with fellow mega-friends and attend virtual concerts. The clip left many with mixed feelings, but curious.
Re: The Metaverse (xr,nfts,dao,ai,web3): Free Class for student Affected By ASUU str by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 09, 2022
The metaverse doesn’t stop at Facebook, Microsoft has also created a new service called Mesh that uses mixed-reality technologies, allowing employees to work together virtually following the Covid-19 pandemic. Other companies like Roblox, Nvidia and Unity have since followed the lead and are increasingly invested in building the infrastructure that is required to bring the technology to both consumers and businesses.

The introduction of the metaverse hasn’t been everyone’s cup of tea. Not surprisingly, there are plenty of naysayers and skeptics too. One of them was the Chief Executive Officer of Take-Two. He was skeptical that the metaverse is not what consumers want. “I’m skeptical that we’re going to wake up in the morning and intentionally sit at home, strap on our headsets and conduct all of our daily activities that way,” Zelnick said. “We had to do that during the pandemic, and we don’t really like it so much.” The inventor of PlayStation, Ken Kutaragi, also pointed out that the headsets used would be cumbersome and called them “simply annoying”.

the world and beyond, improving the retail experience, and enhancing financial services.

1968: A metaverse-like environment is depicted in the film '2001: A Space Odyssey'
In the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, the astronaut Dr Dave Bowman goes through a psychedelic experience in which he is in a metaverse with three-dimensional images overlaid on the real world. It lets viewers make up their minds about the scene but could arguably be based on the theory that the universe itself might be a metaverse.

1973: The first virtual world is created
Maze War is the first publicly known virtual world in the form of gaming. It was played on a network of Unix computers and allowed users to interact with each other in a virtual environment. More recent and modern versions of such gaming include Second Life, World of Warcraft, Minecraft, and Fortnite, among others. They have become a common part of society, with some people making a living through in-game activities.

1992: The term ‘metaverse’ is coined
Sci-fi writer Neal Stephenson coined the term ‘metaverse’ in 1992 and referred to a completely immersive virtual reality. The word was first used in his novel Snow Crash, which takes place in a future world including a vast virtual space resembling a massively multiplayer online game (MMO) where people may interact and buy things like real estate.

2021: The word metaverse becomes an international buzzword
In 2021, Facebook brought the world’s attention to the metaverse by rebranding its parent company to Meta. It also announced it would spend $10bn USD and employ 10,000 people in Europe to build a metaverse.

2022 and beyond: The world’s biggest companies start developing in the metaverse
Companies such as H&M, Samsung, and Walmart began experimenting with retail stores based in the metaverse. It's a brand-new realm for marketing and customer interaction, and it won't be long before most companies have a presence there, which will all rely on fintech for transactions. Virtual luxury real estate companies are already gearing up to make a profit in the Metaverse by selling off-plan, luxury, virtual villas in the alternative reality of the Metaverse, which is also, currently off-plan. The creators have confidence in their products which currently cost in the region of US$10,000 each. The future of this swirling, growing space remains enigmatic and optimistic as virtual products look set to form the backbone of the Metaverse economy.
Re: The Metaverse (xr,nfts,dao,ai,web3): Free Class for student Affected By ASUU str by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hello guys..sorry I havele been busy
Re: The Metaverse (xr,nfts,dao,ai,web3): Free Class for student Affected By ASUU str by mykeldinho(m): 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2022
So when are you hoping to continue with this Sir??
Re: The Metaverse (xr,nfts,dao,ai,web3): Free Class for student Affected By ASUU str by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 18, 2022
Hello here, I'm Sophie, I own a bead making brand and I'm looking for an investor that can invest #150,000/200,000 naira on my business, and I will pay back with interest after five months( deal) ... My location is ilorin
If you are interested, kindly message me on WhatsApp please 07015371845.thank you

(1) (Reply)

See How I Earned B / Chaka Or Trove Or Bamboo - Which Is The Best? / Who Need A $50 Linkedin Coupon Code?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.