Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,502 members, 7,904,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:32 PM

Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor (20870 Views)

Wilberforce Yohanna: How Ex-Boko Haram Fighter Became Nigerian Prison Official / Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau / Sokoto Assembly Speaker, Rt. Hon Aminu Achida & Hon Bello Maigona Defect To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:55pm On May 09, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin
Hahahaha
Honestly I don laff tire today, making it one of the funniest Mondays ever
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Okoroawusa: 4:55pm On May 09, 2022
All I know is that that man is a Nigerian....he doesn't need to be a governor for me to know that.

Forget citizenship by any status.... Nigeria runs through him

Meanwhile God punish that blogger
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Tradegood: 4:55pm On May 09, 2022
compton11:
mayorship is small compared to number 2 citizen (governor)

I don't Know.

they want the children to be American citizen because of better life not because of political post.

You no get my point.

1) Nigerians contest public office elections abroad and sometimes win.

2) if our women go abroad e.g America to give birth, thus giving their babies American citizenship automatically, then this guy by birth is a Nigerian citizen and shouldn't be applying again for it.
This also makes him eligible to vote and be voted for as a Nigerian citizen in Nigerian for any public office.
Using his colour to deny him is right would be criminal.

**Someone posted that in the Constitution, either one of his parent or grandparents must be a Nigeria to be a citizen by birth.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Blue3k(m): 5:00pm On May 09, 2022
Tradegood:

then this guy by birth is a Nigerian citizen and shouldn't be applying again for it.
This also makes him eligible to vote and be voted for as a Nigerian citizen in Nigerian for any public office.

You argument doesn't make any sense unless you're assuming everywhere is the same. Nigeria doesn't offer birth right citizenship. It goes by ancestry.

Chapter III: Citizenship 25. 1. The following persons are citizens of Nigeria by birth namely

a. every person born in Nigeria before the date of independence, either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents belongs or belonged to a community indigenous to Nigeria: Provided that a person shall not become a citizen of Nigeria by virtue of this section if neither of his parents nor any of his grandparents was born in Nigeria;

b. every person born in Nigeria after the date of independence either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents is a citizen of Nigeria; and

c. every person born outside Nigeria either of whose parents is a citizen of Nigeria.

2. In this section, “the date of independence” means the 1st day of October 1960.

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by nedekid: 5:03pm On May 09, 2022
olas24u:

;Dyou can still sell your people into slavery
Slavery how?
Have the people faired any better over the years as they have been ruled by their people?
It is said if you continue doing the same thing you will keep getting same result. If the man, born and breed in Nigeria decides to contest and bring his skills, what is wrong with that? Abi have you not seen his CV?
But we Nigerians will go to UK and after few years we contest for elective office (not even born there).
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Tradegood: 5:08pm On May 09, 2022
Blue3k:

You argument doesn't make any sense unless you're assuming everywhere is the same. Nigeria doesn't offer birth right citizenship. It goes by ancestry.

And you had to insult first?
You cannot educate without insulting?
And I be done modify my post based on your earlier post o.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by ZooOga: 5:24pm On May 09, 2022
The original thread was linked to Sahara Desert whom is sponsored by a white man.

See how many posted that the guy should run for political office where he clearly said he can't and isn't interested in helping Naija that way.

And some on NL still worship our caucasian brethren with all dey hearts and souls. cheesy

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Blue3k(m): 5:39pm On May 09, 2022
Tradegood:

If saying you don't make sense is an insult you're being sensitive. I dont understand why you're feeling are hurt attacking your arguement unless you deem it part of your character or person. In civil debates you're supposed to attack what's said not the person.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by shigishege: 5:58pm On May 09, 2022
olas24u:

;Dyou can still sell your people into slavery
Mr werey good for nothing fellow. So this your current polithiefcian who have already sold you and your entire generation into sufferness and slavery with no clear good future ahead of you, isn't a white man better them off?. So Africans dont head American offices??
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by aribisala0(m): 6:09pm On May 09, 2022
Asianjollof007:

He is a nigerian by birth, isn't he? He was born in nigeria.
No The constitution defines citizenship by birth as THROUGH Parents

So he can only be a citizen by Naturalization
If He has naturalized and has a child BORN IN Nigeria then that would be a Nigerian by birth
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by aribisala0(m): 6:13pm On May 09, 2022
Tradegood:

I do not see any insult in that remark .You need to adjust the settings on your insult sensors.

If someone says that what you said does not make any sense that is an opinion no insult in that

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by aribisala0(m): 6:15pm On May 09, 2022
compton11:
he has slavery mentality.

Can he said the same bullshi.t if it is Korean, Vietnam,or camerounian?
He may or he may not have slavery mentality but there is not enough information to draw that conclusion beyond doubt. You need to look in the mirror because you sound like you have got a huge chip on your shoulder
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Asianjollof007: 6:16pm On May 09, 2022
aribisala0:
No The constitution defines citizenship by birth as THROUGH Parents

So he can only be a citizen by Naturalization
If He has naturalized and has a child BORN IN Nigeria then that would be a Nigerian by birth

Yeah, that is what i was trying to say. What if his parents has nationalised themselves, he is automatically a nigerian by birth.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by aribisala0(m): 6:18pm On May 09, 2022
Asianjollof007:

Yeah, that is what i was trying to say. What if his parents has nationalised themselves, he is automatically a nigerian by birth.
Naturalize not nationalize grin
Well I do not have that information but he is quoted as saying he is ineligible. Did you read that part?
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by olas24u(f): 6:25pm On May 09, 2022
shigishege:
Mr werey good for nothing fellow. So this your current polithiefcian who have already sold you and your entire generation into sufferness and slavery with no clear good future ahead of you, isn't a white man better them off?. So Africans dont head American offices??

Your education is surely a waste, with Africans like you.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 09, 2022
It would have been a welcome development
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by fatytoy333(m): 7:43pm On May 09, 2022
Malory:
The powers that be have threatened him to withraw or else they deal with him

Abeg! Which power to be? It was a fake news from the onset.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Blue3k(m): 7:46pm On May 09, 2022
fatytoy333:

Abeg! Which power to be? It was a fake news from the onset.

1 Like

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by tiger28: 12:23am On May 10, 2022
Funny enough, He will do wayyyyy better than our "Nigerian" Governors.....Westerners understand the word "National Service".
Our own , will just be looting up and down!
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by NigeriaAjoka: 6:55am On May 10, 2022
He is a Nigerian so what stops him from contesting? Why do we have this useless mentality in this country but rejoice when we see Africans in high positions in abroad? Hypocrisy go end Africa one day
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by compton11(m): 7:21am On May 10, 2022
Tradegood:

You no get my point.

1) Nigerians contest public office elections abroad and sometimes win.

2) if our women go abroad e.g America to give birth, thus giving their babies American citizenship automatically, then this guy by birth is a Nigerian citizen and shouldn't be applying again for it.

**Someone posted that in the Constitution, either one of his parent or grandparents must be a Nigeria to be a citizen by birth.
ain't saying he can't contest but contest for governor is no!
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by compton11(m): 7:22am On May 10, 2022
lexy2014:

Cos u haven't explained anything that's why am asking:

How's does the guy have slavery mentality and what's wrong with him saying that he wanted the white guy to contest for president ?
and I'm asking u,can he say the same if the man is camerounian?
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by lexy2014: 7:44am On May 10, 2022
compton11:
and I'm asking u,can he say the same if the man is camerounian?

I don't know. That's a question u need to ask since am not in his mind. Based on your accusations, How's does the guy have slavery mentality and what's wrong with him saying that he wanted the white guy to contest for president ?
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Truvelisback(m): 7:57am On May 10, 2022
shigishege:
It would have been nice if he can run for the office of the president.
No be lie. Those Criminals in Aso rock are only after their Big Belly.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by compton11(m): 8:44am On May 10, 2022
lexy2014:

I don't know. That's a question u need to ask since am not in his mind. Based on your accusations, How's does the guy have slavery mentality and what's wrong with him saying that he wanted the white guy to contest for president ?
that is it.

He won't say the same if the man is camerounian and black.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by lexy2014: 8:52am On May 10, 2022
compton11:
that is it.

He won't say the same if the man is camerounian and black.

I don't know about that. That doesn't answer my questions:

How's does the guy have slavery mentality and what's wrong with him saying that he wanted the white guy to contest for president ?
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Tradegood: 9:12pm On May 16, 2022
aribisala0:
I do not see any insult in that remark .You need to adjust the settings on your insult sensors.

If someone says that what you said does not make any sense that is an opinion no insult in that

If person face you now...
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by aribisala0(m): 9:13pm On May 16, 2022
Tradegood:

If person face you now...
him papa go die like dog so person better sempe
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Tradegood: 9:14pm On May 16, 2022
Blue3k:

If saying you don't make sense is an insult you're being sensitive. I dont understand why you're feeling are hurt attacking your arguement unless you deem it part of your character or person. In civil debates you're supposed to attack what's said not the person.
You talk now, if person face you now...
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Tradegood: 9:15pm On May 16, 2022
aribisala0:
him papa go die like dog so person better sempe
Na only your mouth dey sharp now..
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Tradegood: 9:16pm On May 16, 2022
compton11:
ain't saying he can't contest but contest for governor is no!
Because of him skin colour?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kogi Former Attorney-General Arrested In UK For Trying To Cash Abacha Loot / ABUTH Has Discredited Buhari Cancer Report - APC Spokesman / Dino Melaye And Bukola Saraki At The Inter-parliamentary Union (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.