Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,287 members, 7,881,069 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:50 AM

Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month (25869 Views)

Nigeria Seeks Extension Of Closing Date For World Bank's $500m 'COVID-19' Loan / Robert Clarke: Atiku, Obi’s Lawyers Didn’t Display Professionalism / Reno Omokri: Comparing Obi's Tenure To Tinubu's Is Like Night And Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by famouscargo4u: 7:30am On May 10, 2022
The north just want to do everything to cling unto power.
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by wirinet(m): 7:31am On May 10, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
Yes he is correct, but it's only in the event of war or serious security threat. The Constitution made it clear and it can't be extended more than once 6 months. That's how I've been feeling that it could happen because of the security problems Nigeria is facing currently

So what about all other elections? You are suggesting that Nigeria is put into a political coma whereby all elections are suspended for 6 months. Meaning governors, senators, house members and state house members will remain in office. What then happens if after 6 months the situation does not change?

This is a recipe for a military coup and a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Testimony1988(m): 7:34am On May 10, 2022
For him not to end the various security challenges facing us will be from his own part and even if his tenure is extended he won't do anything.
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Shebbs: 7:37am On May 10, 2022
You're A Very Useless Elder
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by jaydeeking(m): 7:37am On May 10, 2022
Brain dead.....Bastard
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Onuoha1234(m): 7:42am On May 10, 2022
The man has a penchant for making dangerous political proposals l>kely to tear Nigeria apart. H| should be watched,
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by expert234: 7:42am On May 10, 2022
post=112684744:
Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots

Our Darling Daddy respect the Rules of Law.

Every sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians know that by now.

Only Cannibals, murderers and online touts will ever doubt this.
If you are one of the aforementioned, quote this post now.

We Rise.

God will handle your life the 2qy Buhari handles Nigeria. Amen
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Nobody: 7:48am On May 10, 2022
Buhariiswicked:

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-senior-lawyer-seeks-extension-of-buharis-tenure
You people should be careful about all these fake and evil news you spread about! I watched Clarks interview on AriseTv from the start to finish and no where there was EK Clark calling for an extension of Buhari tenure.
What Clark said was that we must throw away the current 1999 constitution because its an evil document with a lot of things inserted there in favor of the devious nigerian elite and wicked political class. He then went further to reveal that do we know that under this 1999 constitution that provision were inserted there for extension of Buhari regime for 6months if the insecurity situation in the North continues before election .and if the condition persist the useless national assembly would be adding additional 6 months to eternity.

This was the concern Edwin Clark raised and he did not call for and extension of buharis government. Stop these fake and malicious reporting Pls!

1 Like

Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Memeni(m): 7:55am On May 10, 2022
post=112684744:
Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots

Our Darling Daddy respect the Rules of Law.

Every sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians know that by now.

Only Cannibals, murderers and online touts will ever doubt this.
If you are one of the aforementioned, quote this post now.

We Rise.

Son of perdition. That's why I don't take anything you say seriously. You're a joke to me and I laugh anytime I see your comments.

Laying curses on you and your unborn generations thinking you're cursing someone else. Repent before the wrath of God visits you
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by oluwaseyi187(m): 7:56am On May 10, 2022
I'm not sure this man is in his right sense. An elder statesman my feet!
What has the present administration doing for the past 7years?
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by crackhouse(m): 7:56am On May 10, 2022
Is this not a foreigner talking thrash here?
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by CollinsVal(m): 7:58am On May 10, 2022
Rubbish set of people..
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by writeprof(m): 8:03am On May 10, 2022
Hmm
My people, my people grin

O God of Creation
Direct our noble cause
Lead our leaders right
Help our Youths the truth to know...
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by MrUchenna1(m): 8:12am On May 10, 2022
Where there is no vision, the people perish
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by IMPARTIAL: 8:23am On May 10, 2022
Clarke says between now and the election is not enough to defeat insecurity etc. So, Bubu's tenure should be extended.

Does Clarke know that Bubu has been ruling for almost 8 years? When insecurity could not be defeated in this period, is it in 6 months that the problem will be resolved?
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Jungleluv5: 8:27am On May 10, 2022
O ni Kure fún ọ̀rọ̀ tó o sọ yẹn. Extension extinction ni thunder fire your mouth.
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Burgerlomo: 8:28am On May 10, 2022
MrALIVE:
May thunder fire your mouth there!!!

Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Burgerlomo: 8:30am On May 10, 2022
This man wan cause chaos, he wan cause serious unrest in the kontiri grin
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by kcdendelo: 8:35am On May 10, 2022
Can you imagine this old fool. May thunder destroy your mouth there
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Eseosa20(m): 8:39am On May 10, 2022
I also watched it and surprised to see such an headline. It was taken out of context. That wasn't what he meant at all. He was just citing an example that such clause is in the constitution.
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by NairaMaster1(m): 8:40am On May 10, 2022
MrALIVE:

This people know that southerners are fools so they can use them anyhow.
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by TheiaTalks: 8:42am On May 10, 2022
MrALIVE:

Amen!
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Enumerator(m): 8:49am On May 10, 2022
I've always thought these sk called elder statemen get sense but i was wrong

undecided
Buhariiswicked:

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-senior-lawyer-seeks-extension-of-buharis-tenure
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by IKEPENTECOST: 8:49am On May 10, 2022
This is the kind of people that the unknown gunmen should be looking for,not the innocent ones, this man need to be dead before daybreak
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Enumerator(m): 8:49am On May 10, 2022
I'm telling you
Compliant:
LAWYERS ARE THE MAJOR PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Otasikwe(m): 8:54am On May 10, 2022
Mkpurumini senior advocate my feet
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Mozegee: 8:57am On May 10, 2022
Not only him thunder will fire but his generations.
MrALIVE:
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by soobaba(m): 9:02am On May 10, 2022
He did not say so! I watched the interview! They're just twisting his statement!! angry angry angry
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by dododawa1: 9:04am On May 10, 2022
LOL,few elder SHA.
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by Nyanabo(m): 9:04am On May 10, 2022
5he way some perceived 'educated people' talk you would be left wondering if they ever went to school.

Something that's impossible to do for 7+ years now can be done in 6-6 months extension ? Why don't you tell us that you want him to die there simple.
Re: Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month by soobaba(m): 9:07am On May 10, 2022
makavell7:
You people should be careful about all these fake and evil news you spread about! I watched Clarks interview on AriseTv from the start to finish and no where there was EK Clark calling for an extension of Buhari tenure.
What Clark said was that we must throw away the current 1999 constitution because its an evil document with a lot of things inserted there in favor of the devious nigerian elite and wicked political class. He then went further to reveal that do we know that under this 1999 constitution that provision were inserted there for extension of Buhari regime for 6months if the insecurity situation in the North continues before election .and if the condition persist the useless national assembly would be adding additional 6 months to eternity.

This was the concern Edwin Clark raised and he did not call for and extension of buharis government. Stop these fake and malicious reporting Pls!

Exactly! They're just twisting the man's statement! Someone that has even given up on this government now wants to extend his tenure, the man is tired sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike May Work Against Atiku’s Election — vanguard / Chyna Iwuanyanwu Is Dead / Governor Ihedioha Reverses Imo University Status, Appoints New Rector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.