Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,222 members, 7,880,815 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:24 AM

Just In: Orji Kalu's Support For Ahmed Lawan And North East, Well Placed And Tim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: Orji Kalu's Support For Ahmed Lawan And North East, Well Placed And Tim (313 Views)

Pictures Of Lawan And Amaechi At Tinubu's Campaign Flag-off Yesterday / Kashim Shettima Speaks On Tinubu, Osinbajo, Ahmed Lawan And 2023 Presidency / Ibrahim Lawan And Amani Umar Wedding Wedding In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In: Orji Kalu's Support For Ahmed Lawan And North East, Well Placed And Tim by odoemelamemmanu(m): 1:23am On May 10, 2022
Just In: Orji Kalu's Support For Ahmed Lawan And North East, Well Placed And Timely.

Senator Orji Uzor Kalu's reason for withdrawing from the 2023 Presidential race is a good and well thought out move. With this open support for Senate President Lawan and the northeast, Senator Kalu has in a way censured Tinubu and five other south westerners who are seeking a second Yoruba Presidency even as a Yoruba man is the current Vice President. The aspirations of Tinubu and his Yoruba-Five is not only unfair but mostly a disrespect and disregard for the Southeast and the Igbo nation.

It seems to me that Tinubu and co. will prefer to disrupt the Nigerian political system than to give an Igbo man a shot at the Presidency. I daresay that it speaks to their inner feelings about the Igbo.  Therefore H.E. Orji Uzor Kalu's statement of support for Senate President Lawan and the northeast is well placed and timely.

Written by Professor Kalu Diogu Kalu

Re: Just In: Orji Kalu's Support For Ahmed Lawan And North East, Well Placed And Tim by UTILITYMAY(m): 1:25am On May 10, 2022
Orji Uzor Kalu knows he has no chance even if the ticket is zoned to South East. So he should stop making himself too relevant!
Re: Just In: Orji Kalu's Support For Ahmed Lawan And North East, Well Placed And Tim by Realist12: 3:28am On May 10, 2022
For someone to justify zoning, yet stepped down to support a Northerner shows he's not been honest from the onset . We have Rochas Okorocha in Apc yet he couldn't support him . Rather he went to support the same Northerner that's still occupying the seat of power .
He just proved and justified that the south east are the least favorite for the presidential seat since he himself can't deem another south Eastern candidate worthy of his support.
Micro zoning will be catastrophic we all know that. It's going to be illogical and impractical at the long run . Zoning should be within north and south .
The purpose of zoning is actually to counter
dominance , not to partition.
It's sad that most times our politicians like to play on sentiments. If we should go by what he's preaching, is he trying to say all other regions should step down and leave only the southeast to contest under APC ?
Re: Just In: Orji Kalu's Support For Ahmed Lawan And North East, Well Placed And Tim by KingsCity: 4:01am On May 10, 2022
SW is hypocritical about Southern presidency
Re: Just In: Orji Kalu's Support For Ahmed Lawan And North East, Well Placed And Tim by StrongandMighty: 4:49am On May 10, 2022
I have always maintained an unambiguous stand that for justice , equity and fairness in our country, the next president of Nigeria after President Muhammadu Buhari should come from the South East or the North East.

I have also told Nigerians that I would only run for president if the two major political parties (APC and PDP) zone their tickets to the South East . That is why I was disappointed with our southern brothers who are talking about fairness and equity but has zero tolerance for the same fairness and equity in the South.

In the absence of a South Easterner being president of Nigeria in 2023 , I have my full support for a North Easterner . This is because it would be the closest to the equity , fairness and Justice everyone is talking about . It further means that the justice is on its way to the South East.

OUK 2022
Re: Just In: Orji Kalu's Support For Ahmed Lawan And North East, Well Placed And Tim by VladimirPutiin(m): 6:50am On May 10, 2022
Orji fall hand sha.

(1) (Reply)

2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Not Do-or-die, Says Fayemi / Humans Fighting On Behalf Of God / El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.