Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,116 members, 7,907,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:19 PM

The Yoke Of Rest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Yoke Of Rest (263 Views)

The Yoke Of Christ: What It Is And How To Wear It / Midnight BATMAN Series: 7 Mid-nights Of Breaking The YOKE Of POVERTY In Year2023 / The Truth Behind The 37yrs Yoke Of Barrenness Broken In The Lords Chosen Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Yoke Of Rest by jonatoye(m): 8:23am On May 10, 2022
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~ 

Focus: The Yoke of Rest

WORD FOR TODAY
Every man is bound to either the yoke of sin or the yoke of Christ. You will only find rest for your soul when you accept His yoke and yield yourself to learn from Him.
Scriptural Reference
"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:29 NKJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christ's life is characterized by prompt and complete obedience to God's will. This is what we are called to when we give our lives to Him: a life lived for God's glory. The yoke of Christ in a man's life compels him to live Christ's life. Living the life of Christ brings a man into God's will for his life, and doing God's will is what allows a man to find rest for his soul.

Life will always present wonderful medals; however, accepting medals instead of the yoke of Christ adds more trouble and sorrow to a man's life. As a result, you must be prepared to accept the life that God wants to give you by learning from Christ and following in His footsteps. Taking His yoke literally will protect your life from anything that is not His will for you and will make your life fit to fulfill His purpose.

+ Have you taken His yoke upon you?

Lord! Let me never release myself from the yoke of Christ in Jesus' name. Amen!!!

Emphasis:
If you desire rest for your soul and have the life that Christ gives; you must take His yoke upon you and learn from Him!!!

Have an Awesome Tuesday!!!

(1) (Reply)

Was Jesus A Prophet? / When You Give Joy, You Get More Joy In Return! / Archbishop Of Canterbury Apologises Over Church Fund's Link To Slavery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.