Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,272 members, 7,970,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:58 PM

Boko Haram Storm Igbo Land: Igbos,are We Keeping Quite? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boko Haram Storm Igbo Land: Igbos,are We Keeping Quite? (656 Views)

Keeping Children From Speaking Vernacular. / Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Gets A New Wife.(she Is Quite Lovely) / Is Igbo Land Landlocked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Storm Igbo Land: Igbos,are We Keeping Quite? by Dorisdey1: 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2011
Fulani herdsmen kill 2, rape unspecified number of women in Ohaji/Egbema LG, Imo State

OWERRI-Two people are feared dead, while an unspecified number of women have been reportedly raped by Fulani herdsmen who invaded Umuapu community in Ohaji/Egbema local council area of Imo State with their cattle.

Vanguard investigation revealed that angered by the alleged gory activities of the Fulani herdsmen, scores of women and youths barricaded the ever busy Owerri-Port Harcourt federal highway yesterday to protest their plight.

Traffic along the highway was, for the greater part of yesterday, disrupted at Umuapu, while commuters were forced to seek alternative routes to get to their destinations.

One of the protesters, who simply identified himself as Chukwudi, lamented that "apart from the two dead villagers, the Fulani herdsmen have ceaselessly raped our women and girls as well as destroyed the crops in our farms."

He described the grazing of their cattle on farmlands as "a deliberate ploy by these Fulani herdsmen to ensure that we are not food sufficient in Imo."

Every effort made to reach the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Linus Nwaiwu, a deputy superintendent of police, failed as he was said to be away from the office when Vanguard called.

However, a senior police officer in the State Police Headquarters, Owerri, who pleaded anonymity, confirmed the incident and quickly added that normalcy had returned to the rural community.

"The police is aware of previous reports about the activities of the Fulani herdsmen in the area. We are investigating the incident but the villagers did not wait for us to complete our investigations before they jumped into the highway," the police officer said.
Re: Boko Haram Storm Igbo Land: Igbos,are We Keeping Quite? by Dorisdey1: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2011
The last time I checked,I can still remember that many people even on this nairaland said that "There is no way any body can bomb Abuja"bla bla bla that with many security presence in Abuja,that it will be unthinkable to do so.This was before the independence day bombing by Buhari and his people, and what have we been seeing since then?
After that,many people started blabing that "There is no way Boko Haram can bomb Lagos or even Igboland"bla bla bla.
With this killing in Imo State,the heart of Igbo land,I think this is Buharis and Boko Harams testing ground to see the reaction of the Igbos before they will unleash boms here and there in Igbo land
Me think and suggest that the igbos should immediately aid the Boko Harams and Buhari to bulkanise or divide Nigeria by killing any AWUSA man you see any where so that our BIAFRA can be achieved immediately, QED
Re: Boko Haram Storm Igbo Land: Igbos,are We Keeping Quite? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2011
[size=38pt]QUIET[/size]

And yes, you're keeping "quiet" wink
Re: Boko Haram Storm Igbo Land: Igbos,are We Keeping Quite? by Dorisdey1: 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2011
Aboki Ikeke-idi, You think we are balless peep like your and your people.This time you will meet your Waterloo! Mark my words

(1) (Reply)

My Dream / Is There Anybody On Nairaland Living In Ebonyi State,pls I Need Accomodation / Please How Do I Hold A Press Conference? Help Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.