Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,867 members, 7,949,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 04:40 PM

Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite (24965 Views)

Niger Military To Prosecute Mohamed Bazoum For ‘High Treason’ As Sanctions Bite / Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite / Mark Esper To Resign As Trump's Defense Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by tophumble(m): 4:17pm On May 11, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by PussyKing(m): 4:17pm On May 11, 2022
We say know to Tinubu undecided
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by onomeabuja: 4:17pm On May 11, 2022
Igbofam2:
May 10 (Reuters) - Four Russian regional governors resigned on Tuesday as the country braces for the impact of economic sanctions.

The heads of the Tomsk, Saratov, Kirov and Mari El regions announced their immediate departures from office, while the head of Ryazan region said he would not run for another term.

Elections are scheduled to take place in all five regions in September.

Though Russian regional governors are elected, they are politically subordinate to the Kremlin. Several of the outgoing governors represent regions where the ruling bloc United Russia took weak vote shares in parliamentary elections last year.

Unpopular governors are regularly removed from office, often submitting their resignations in clusters in the spring months.

Ilya Grashchenkov, head of the Centre for the Development of Regional Politics think tank in Moscow, said the Kremlin was removing weak governors amid a worsening economic outlook for the country, driven by Western sanctions.

Grashchenkov said: “There’s a need to restructure the economy, especially in those regions where Western economic influence had been significant. These governors need to be replaced by younger alternatives.”

The Russian economy is set to contract by 8.8% in 2022, the economy ministry has said

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/four-russian-governors-resign-sanctions-bite-2022-05-10/
Ë don de red small small.....
Oga putin how market nah grin
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Mohzus: 4:17pm On May 11, 2022
Economy shrink by almost 9% , the sanction is really taking a toll

1 Like

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Dididrumz(m): 4:17pm On May 11, 2022
Putin thinks He's strong enough abi?

More to come.

And death to the bully tyrant.

1 Like

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by shedisavage: 4:18pm On May 11, 2022
Putin go be like
Wtf is happening

1 Like

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by jiz: 4:24pm On May 11, 2022
Russia is winning weapon war while Ukraine is winning economic war! Putin should get his sense right
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by olas24u(f): 4:25pm On May 11, 2022
Agabalagbi

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Kingsnairaland(m): 4:28pm On May 11, 2022
Lies

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Kingsnairaland(m): 4:28pm On May 11, 2022
So Putin is not having cancer, alzmers, palsy and so the propaganda is not working............ But......... Zelensky's cinematography crews are quite impressive but there is something missing on.Next time please work on the destroyed and ruined background of the houses and buildings.Also if its possible then please put some dead bodies on the gound,it will gain more attention and sympathy towards him and his armies.

1 Like

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Titogbanski: 4:29pm On May 11, 2022
Make Russia go chop their nukes and cruise missiles......Putin don dive rock for this one
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:30pm On May 11, 2022
So certain that in IFSHA russia economy will collapse putin definitely die soon for his as atrocities and russia ppl will be liberated to relate with other countries like normal human beings. angry
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by donbrowser(m): 4:30pm On May 11, 2022
Teazerr4:
There’s nothing to jubilate about here….they will be replaced….. I still don’t understand how this wan take be good news for una on the west oooo…. Even the article clearly states that, they are politically subordinate to the Kremlin. They’re are useless like Nigerian local government chairmen grin grin

Abeg make yu refresh livescores on dead Russian colonels oo

You did not notice your "likes per post" are reducing
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:31pm On May 11, 2022
So certain that in IFSHA russia economy will collapse putin definitely die soon for his as atrocities and russia ppl will be liberated to relate with other countries like normal human beings.And those monsters supporting putin evil violence against Ukraine will be annihilated angry
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by jrusky(m): 4:32pm On May 11, 2022
Teazerr4:
bro most of em no sabi how Russia government dey work ni, those wey fit give Putin problems na the Oligarchs, na why d west Dey sanction em and freeze their assets, hopefully dem fit revolt, all these irrelevant governors, mayor, even corporations ceo na wash dem be. As at today, Putin still have the backings of the oligarchs. If dem wan end his empire na if d west successfully break the ranks of the oligarchs, for now it seems impossible. Russia no dey practice democracy, a governor in Russia is as irrelevant as Nigeria local government chairmen, na only example wey everyone fit relate to be that….

Stay safe bro

One question I want to ask you is have you even been or live to Russia anytime in your life? If yes then I have more questions to ask you to establish if truly you are saying the truth or not but if you have never been or live in Russia Mr just shut up. Ok.
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 11, 2022
hahaha hahahahahahaha, putin dogs, what says you?
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 11, 2022
Toktee:
Good News.... Holy Ghost scattered them.
Holy Ghost doesn’t get involve in a shitty international politics

1 Like

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:37pm On May 11, 2022
Igbofam2:
May 10 (Reuters) - Four Russian regional governors resigned on Tuesday as the country braces for the impact of economic sanctions.

The heads of the Tomsk, Saratov, Kirov and Mari El regions announced their immediate departures from office, while the head of Ryazan region said he would not run for another term.

Elections are scheduled to take place in all five regions in September.

Though Russian regional governors are elected, they are politically subordinate to the Kremlin. Several of the outgoing governors represent regions where the ruling bloc United Russia took weak vote shares in parliamentary elections last year.

Unpopular governors are regularly removed from office, often submitting their resignations in clusters in the spring months.

Ilya Grashchenkov, head of the Centre for the Development of Regional Politics think tank in Moscow, said the Kremlin was removing weak governors amid a worsening economic outlook for the country, driven by Western sanctions.

Grashchenkov said: “There’s a need to restructure the economy, especially in those regions where Western economic influence had been significant. These governors need to be replaced by younger alternatives.”

The Russian economy is set to contract by 8.8% in 2022, the economy ministry has said

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/four-russian-governors-resign-sanctions-bite-2022-05-10/

Igbofam and igbofam2 the Chief Western Propaganda Puppet on the beat.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Teazerr4: 4:43pm On May 11, 2022
jrusky:

One question I want to ask you is have you even been or live to Russia anytime in your life? If yes then I have more questions to ask you to establish if truly you are saying the truth or not but if you have never been or live in Russia Mr just shut up. Ok.
How old are you? Kiddo. Face your studies, leave trash for lawma
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Teazerr4: 4:45pm On May 11, 2022
donbrowser:

You did not notice your "likes per post" are reducing
hilarous….. Will likes feed me? You sound like a teenager…… likes won’t stop demolition of Ukraine. You Dey make me laugh abeg free me. I’m staying out of trouble I no wan chop ban. I only post about reality I don’t care about sentiments or fantasies….

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Pastorsmile: 4:51pm On May 11, 2022
If this is true, it means there's is a problem
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by kingthreat(m): 4:54pm On May 11, 2022
First time igbofam no post fake news.
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:54pm On May 11, 2022
Sweetplum:

Baby boy, stop supporting what's not good. [/b]It's worst that smoking weed.

[b]Last Drop:

Putin die, die, evaporate, tunda faya die!
And what is it that is not good?
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by jrusky(m): 4:56pm On May 11, 2022
Teazerr4:
How old are you? Kiddo. Face your studies, leave trash for lawma

Here we go again? Answer the question I posted to you, simple.
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Dnlblessed(m): 4:57pm On May 11, 2022
With all of this sanctions,the Russian Economy still remains gallant and I wonder where are the sanctions
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Teazerr4: 4:59pm On May 11, 2022
jrusky:

Here we go again? Answer the question I posted to you, simple.
you didn’t ask no question, if you need answers google is your friend. Please quoting moniker, I’m trying to stay out of trouble. Bye
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by gotnel: 5:00pm On May 11, 2022
Russia is not finding it easy to prosecute this war.
Kremlin leaders will get their nose burned
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Flier: 5:05pm On May 11, 2022
oluseyiforjesus:
Putin will loose ds war
He has strategically lost! Finland and Sweden will request to join NATO next Monday
PUTIN will have lot of questions to answer, he is not able to get Ukraine and now losing Finland and Sweden
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by bizzibodi(m): 5:16pm On May 11, 2022
With all d jaw crushing sanctions Putin still dey celebrate WW2 victory parade?
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by uchennaq(m): 5:29pm On May 11, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hamas Terrorists Interrogation Video / Chad President Pays $26 Million Dowry Sudan Chick (pics) / 40 Malawians Arrested For Abandoning Israeli Farms To Look For Jobs In Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.