Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,152 members, 7,890,889 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:11 PM

Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? (1275 Views)

How Accurate Are Peter Obi’s Claims At NESG Economic Dialogue? (Fact Check) / Let's Analyze Data: What Are Peter Obi's Chances In The North. / Where Are Peter Obi Commissioners, Aids In His Tenure? Why Is He Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Penguin2: 8:00am On May 12, 2022
I just finished reading the piece by Fredrick Nwabufo where he was accusing Peter Obi’s supporters of de-marketing him with their aggressive support and illiberality to divergent opinion on Obi.

This position of his is in consonance with similar allegation that had been laid by Reno Omokri.

But the question is, are Peter Obi’s supporters really de-marketing him or enemies of Nigeria who do not want Nigeria’s progress are finally looking for what to pin against him?

When in 2019, the same set of people projecting Peter Obi today were ‘Atikulating’, nobody accused them of being clannish, tribal, illiberal, intemperate and all the negative adjectives they are using to qualify them today. No. The youths were hailed for daring to take their destiny in their hands by finally deciding to participate in politics and political discourse in campaigning for the better candidate amongst those in display.

But what has changed? Or is it because Peter Obi is an Igbo man?

This reminds me of the article I once read here on Nairaland that asked why Igbos are always set a higher bar than their fellow countrymen?

If other tribes divide their votes between two candidates, it’s called sophistication but if the Igbos do the same, they are tagged disunited.

If Igbos support one of their own, they are accused of being tribal and clannish but if they decide to support others over their fellow Igbo they are accused of not supporting their own but expecting others to support him.

If an Igbo man sneezes they will say he should have coughed; he decides to cough and they will say he should have sneezed. Wither shall we turn and we are right? Honestly there’s a heaviness in my heart.

Now, one of the (false) allegation was that Peter Obi’s supporters are from a particular section of the country, nay Igbos. But how true is that claim? Let’s use the now deleted poll of AIT on Twitter which garnered about 30,000 votes before it was deleted as a reference point, do you mean to tell me that out of the 82% of the 30,000 votes that Peter Obi garnered, that non are from other part of the country? They are all Igbos?

Tell me which candidate among those who have declared interest in the 2023 presidency is better than Peter Obi and why. Because in all honesty, the next person that comes closest to Peter Obi, in all ramification, is Osinbajo. But how close is he to Peter Obi? Does he possess his knowledge of the economy? Can he truly extricate himself from the failures of APC and the economic shambles our country is in, being the chair of the economy by virtue of his position as Vice President?

The thing is simple. Obi’s supporters are not some herd of unintelligent people but a community of highly cerebral and informed men and women who have taken their time to mirror the politicians in parade and decided that Peter Obi fits into the kind of president we want for our country.

And for the records, Obi’s supporters cut across all of Nigeria; Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw, Tiv, etc, and that ethnic tag on him will never stick and his candidacy will never be jinxed.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

25 Likes

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by cenaman(m): 8:02am On May 12, 2022
Yes they are.

5 Likes

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Aufbauh(m): 8:04am On May 12, 2022
I've said it times without numbers that Obi's supporters has turned him to a sectoral and sectional champion through their tactless & coercive campaign.
Campaign should ordinarily appeal and infer to people's conscience and not by forceful intimidation and threat.

A wise man once said that DISSENT is the highest form of patriotism. So if a movement or campaign cannot accommodate dissenting words or divergent views then it has come short of general acceptance.

Again Nigerians by orientation and inclination abhor sectional interest no matter how strong and reasonable is the interest.
Obi's case is not the first & won't be the last.
It happened when the Yorubas were projecting Olu falae, Most Nigerians saw that his candidacy is an ethnic project so they went for OBJ.
I can bet you guys that if Obi comes up against Umahi in a general election the latter will floor him hands down.

Furthermore, bulk of the opposition the Buhari administration has faced and still facing is the perception that he's an ethnic champion. He won because his home support base is larger than the opposition splinter support base. Obi doesn't have such numbers in the SE.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:06am On May 12, 2022
Reno Said it, other Nigerian said it and now nwabufo.

Can they all be lying?

Ordinary VP position not even pdp ticket, Obi will not get.

His bulldogs will only celebrate him as Twitter President

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Dreal1247: 8:09am On May 12, 2022
Whichever way they go about it, Peter Obi said that he is coming to work. It is time we get wiser. Whenever you are paid to vote anyone, just know that you should not expect any other benefitsl from the candidate. And you won't have the moral rights to question the person. But when you voluntarily vote for anyone, you are part of the Government.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Ivimmanuel: 8:12am On May 12, 2022
Affirmatively yes they are. I wonder why some of you are so bitter and blind to truths you guys are all over insulting people and you call it campaign.

2 Likes

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Advocate500: 8:13am On May 12, 2022
Is worrisome trend i must confess, if igboman refuse to campaign for an igboman, they shout and wail, how igboman is not promoting or campaigning for his own,the same people that will tell you that leadership is taken not given will turned around and accused igboman of de- marketing their candidate.

One thing i have observed in on Twitter is that most of the people supporting Peter obi are not actually igbos but those patriotic Nigerians that desired genuine change.

The youngman support base is growing rapidly.

Those against him are the likes of Reno omokri the economic fugitive, whose support for Peter obi is making it difficult for him to promote his candidate Atiku Abubakar and the other one Nwabufor whose stomach formed the basis for his support for Tinubu. The likes of Osinbajo supporters are yet to attack obi.

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Gozac: 8:18am On May 12, 2022
Dreal1247:
Whichever way they go about it, Peter Obi said that he is coming to work. It is time we get wiser. Whenever you are paid to vote anyone, just know that you should not expect any other benefitsl from the candidate. And you won't have the moral rights to question the person. But when you voluntarily vote for anyone, you are part of the Government.
Stop troubling yourself Nigeria is not yet ripe for good and selfless leadership.Just work and vote anybody that will protect your interest.
Nigerians are not ready for this kind of narrative for now

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by mrvitalis(m): 8:18am On May 12, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

Can they all be lying?

Now we all know the history of those Candidates none of them has ever supported Peter obi

If Peter Obi supporters are demarketing him why should they care ? Is not for people to judge ?

It's sad they can't find anything to attack Peter obi that they had to turn to attack his supporters Lmfao

10 Likes

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by inoki247: 8:19am On May 12, 2022
Nobody is saying they shouldn't campaign buh anytime dey are asked dey shuld name one project he initiated and finished dey will start telling us is visible to the blind why not name it dey will start abusing people..

4 Likes

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by mrvitalis(m): 8:20am On May 12, 2022
Ivimmanuel:
Affirmatively yes they are. I wonder why some of you are so bitter and blind to truths you guys are all over insulting people and you call it campaign.
And what did you just do now ? Is that not attacking his supporters ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by muykem: 8:20am On May 12, 2022
If Peter Obi come third in PDP primary, I will stand up for him. He is one of least contender of PDP ticket.

3 Likes

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by BosseJ: 8:20am On May 12, 2022
They can be very ipobish in their intolerance and arrogance.

2 Likes

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by mrvitalis(m): 8:21am On May 12, 2022
Aufbauh:
I've said it times without numbers that Obi's supporters has turned him to a sectoral and sectional champion through their tactless & coercive campaign.

And yet it's you people that never supported him that are attacking his supporters

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Gozac: 8:24am On May 12, 2022
Penguin2:
I just finished reading the piece by Fredrick Nwabufo where he was accusing Peter Obi’s supporters of de-marketing him with their aggressive support and illiberality to divergent opinion on Obi.

This position of his is in consonance with similar allegation that hard been laid by Reno Omokri.

But the question is, are Peter Obi’s supporters really de-marketing him or enemies of Nigeria who do not want Nigeria’s progress are finally looking for what to pin against him?

When in 2019, the same set of people projecting Peter Obi today, were ‘Atikulating’, nobody accused them of being clannish, tribal, illiberal, intemperate and all the negative adjectives they are using to qualify them today. No. The youths were hailed for daring to take their destiny in their hands by finally deciding to participate in politics and political discourse in campaigning for the better candidate amongst those in display.

But what has happened? Or is it because Peter Obi is an Igbo man?

This reminds me of the article I once read here on Nairaland that why are Igbos always set a higher bar than their fellow countrymen?

If other tribes divide their votes between two candidates, it’s called sophistication but if the Igbos do the same, they are tagged disunited.

If an Igbos support one of their own, they are accused of being tribal and clannish but if they decide to support others over their fellow Igbo they accused of not supporting their own but expecting others to support him.

If an Igbo man sneezes they will say he should have coughed; he decides to cough and they will say he should have sneezed. Wither shall we turn and we are right? Honestly there’s a heaviness in my heart.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Don't be troubled at all by the seeming high standard they set for Igbos, the reality is that Nigerians don't want an Igbo man to lead this nation
Many Nigerians prefer the country to burn and get destroyed than for an Igboman to lead. The stark reality, do just find a candidate you will benefit from and work for him.Forget the narrative that this person will turn things around. Nigerians are not ready for that for now

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Mirabella01: 8:24am On May 12, 2022
Well read...
Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by AtikuNetwork: 8:30am On May 12, 2022
I said this same thing before and I was attacked. Peter Obi online supporters behave like cultists and extremists who are intolerant. I'm glad that others are seeing it and speaking up too. This was how some people propped up Buhari as 'the messiah' back then and we can all see the results today. We don't seem to learn from history in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Mooh247: 8:30am On May 12, 2022
cool

Let me use popular Peter Obi supporters phrases and sentences

1: If Nigerians have sense they would have voted for Peter Obi

2: Peter Obi is the only man that can fix Nigeria, but they won't let him because of their nepotism

3: Your generation will keep suffering,unless you do the right thing... (This one was sent to me this morning)

4: Fulani Slaves

5: Yoruba betrayer

6: Yoruba Muslim Miscreants

7: Tinubu Pee Poo

8: Tinubu Urchins

9: Zoogeria

10: Umu ekwensu

11: Headslammers

Go through the post and comment of Nairaland Peter Obi supporters

https://www.nairaland.com/oyeofikotun

https://www.nairaland.com/oplomo

5 Likes

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by DOTian: 8:32am On May 12, 2022
That Nwabufor of a guy is a very noisy charlatan. A tabula rasa..
He has been so mentally abused by the Lagos Ibadam expressway press that he now sees any indignant posturing on any issues by the igbos as volatile politics. If we have to follow his thinking pattern, we will have to keep quiet always, do not cough or spit or frown, because the rest of the country will refuse an Igbo presidency simply because our coughs and spits are too igbotic. That kind of mentality is a product of massive brainwashing. The man regurgitates all sorts of enemy projected ideas. Whether he does this intentionally or whether he has become so enmeshed in the propaganda not to know what he's doing, is what I can't say.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Bolajek: 8:33am On May 12, 2022
Aggressiveness, that's the only language our kind of politics understands.
Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Oplomo: 8:37am On May 12, 2022
DOTian:
That Nwabufor of a guy is a very noisy charlatan. A tabula rasa..
He has been so mentally abused by the Lagos Ibadam expressway press that he now sees any indignant posturing on any issues by the igbos as volatile politics. If we have to follow his thinking pattern, we will have to keep quiet always, do not cough or spit or frown, because the rest of the country will refuse an Igbo presidency simply because our coughs and spits are too igbotic. That kind of mentality is a product of massive brainwashing. The man regurgitates all sorts of enemy projected ideas. Whether he does this intentionally or whether he has become so enmeshed in the propaganda not to know what he's doing, is what I can't say.

Nwabufor or nwabueke whatever does not know the road to his village. A glorified brown envelop writer.
It is you people who waste your time responding to him that gives him some semblance of credibility.

As for his ignoble yoruba muslim co-morons who are waiting for Ndigbo to turn their cheeks everytime we are insulted and slapped, they'll wait till their great-great-children grow old and die. Igbo can never do right in their eyes but who care anyways? I definitely don't.

We have taken enough insults since 1970s from these monkeys and baboons. Henceforth, if you insult us, we give you a million times hotter and that's fair. The days when Ndigbo are every dirty idiot's slapping and punching bags are over. They have to make peace with that or die angry. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by mycar: 8:38am On May 12, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

Can they all be lying?

And who are those people supporting?
Tinubu supporters that are tagging Osibanjo a traitor and castigating him because he wants to contest, who has written about them?
One thing I know is whenever those that have put this country in the very bad state it is now are against you, then you are definitely doing something good. They would rather we maintained the status quo..

5 Likes

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Aufbauh(m): 8:46am On May 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

And yet it's you people that never supported him that are attacking his supporters

We are not attacking his supporters rather we are telling what good they should do to make their principal accepted by the majority.

NB:I knw you to be reasonable sometime back but so surprised how you've changed your views so dramatic.
Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by mrvitalis(m): 9:01am On May 12, 2022
Aufbauh:

We are not attacking his supporters rather we are telling what good they should do to make their principal accepted by the majority.

NB:I knw you to be reasonable sometime back but so surprised how you've changed your views so dramatic.
The only thing reasonable is when someone support who you support that's it

I expected you people to come with prof of tweets , comments from so called Peter obi supporters

Tell me again why his supporters should listen to voice of people who want them to fail ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Penguin2: 9:15am On May 12, 2022
Gozac:

Don't be troubled at all by the seeming high standard they set for Igbos, the reality is that Nigerians don't want an Igbo man to lead this nation
Many Nigerians prefer the country to burn and get destroyed than for an Igboman to lead. The stark reality, do just find a candidate you will benefit from and work for him.Forget the narrative that this person will turn things around. Nigerians are not ready for that for now

I guess you are right.

But what does that say?

Since the rest of Nigerians are apprehensive of Igbos, is not best they are allowed to go their separate way?

1 Like

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Ivimmanuel: 9:17am On May 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

And what did you just do now ? Is that not attacking his supporters ?
what made them better supporters? by turning away prospective votes for Peter Obi? you insult someone from a region you don't know how many eyes would see those bad things you wrote against that region. All you end doing is create resentment towards that candidate. You hear people saying 'a particular candidate MUST Be president or power MUST return to a particular region' what? how do you want people to take that? If don't vote him Will you beat me? Electioneering no be fight o

1 Like

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by mrvitalis(m): 9:27am On May 12, 2022
Ivimmanuel:
what made them better supporters? by turning away prospective votes for Peter Obi? you insult someone from a region you don't know how many eyes would see those bad things you wrote against that region. All you end doing is create resentment towards that candidate. You hear people saying 'a particular candidate MUST Be president or power MUST return to a particular region' what? how do you want people to take that? If don't vote him Will you beat me? Electioneering no be fight o
Show me proof why not promote your own candidate and leave them alone ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Rebelutionary: 9:29am On May 12, 2022
Advocate500:

Those against him are the likes of Reno omokri the economic fugitive, whose support for Peter obi is making it difficult for him to promote his candidate Atiku Abubakar and the other one Nwabufor whose stomach formed the basis for his support for Tinubu. The likes of Osinbajo supporters are yet to attack obi.
You just confirmed exactly what the original thread posited-that you folks sell your candidate by demarketing him! Isnt that ironic? Read your words...Peter obi wont be president by just your loud social media noise but by a tonne more of voters who are on the fence and considering all options!

Anyway, even when truth stares you in the face it is still your choice to accept it!

1 Like

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Rebelutionary: 9:34am On May 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

The only thing reasonable is when someone support who you support that's it

I expected you people to come with prof of tweets , comments from so called Peter obi supporters

Tell me again why his supporters should listen to voice of people who want them to fail ?
Wow...Aufbau is right! You truly have become unreasonable!

So, its either Peter Obi or no one else!

Wow...
Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by Penguin2: 9:37am On May 12, 2022
Aufbauh:
Campaign should ordinarily appeal and infer to people's conscience and not by forceful intimidation and threat.

A wise man once said that DISSENT is the highest form of patriotism. So if a movement or campaign cannot accommodate dissenting words or divergent views then it has come short of general acceptance.

Again Nigerians by orientation and inclination abhor sectional interest no matter how strong and reasonable is the interest.
Obi's case is not the first & won't be the last.
It happened when the Yorubas were projecting Olu falae, Most Nigerians saw that his candidacy is an ethnic project so they went for OBJ.
I can bet you guys that if Obi comes up against Umahi in a general election the latter will floor him hands down.

Furthermore, bulk of the opposition the Buhari administration has faced and still facing is the perception that he's an ethnic champion. He won because his home support base is larger than the opposition splinter support base. Obi doesn't have such numbers in the SE.

Few questions for you…

Are you saying that only Igbos are supporting Peter Obi?

Again, what are Peter Obi’s supporters doing that is different from what they did for Atiku in 2019?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by slivertongue: 9:39am On May 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

Now we all know the history of those Candidates none of them has ever supported Peter obi

If Peter Obi supporters are demarketing him why should they care ? Is not for people to judge ?

It's sad they can't find anything to attack Peter obi that they had to turn to attack his supporters Lmfao

Not all on social media are his supporters. Most are there to generate bad blood for him so as to turn around to campaign against him

2 Likes

Re: Are Peter Obi’s Supporters Really De-marketing Him? by History555: 9:41am On May 12, 2022
Penguin2:

This position of his is in consonance with similar allegation that had been laid by Reno Omokri.

When in 2019, the same set of people projecting Peter Obi today were ‘Atikulating’, nobody accused them of being clannish, tribal, illiberal, intemperate and all the negative adjectives they are using to qualify them today. No. The youths were hailed for daring to take their destiny in their hands by finally deciding to participate in politics and political discourse in campaigning for the better candidate amongst those in display.

But what has changed? Or is it because Peter Obi is an Igbo man?

This reminds me of the article I once read here on Nairaland that asked why Igbos are always set a higher bar than their fellow countrymen?

If Igbos support one of their own, they are accused of being tribal and clannish but if they decide to support others over their fellow Igbo they are accused of not supporting their own but expecting others to support him.

Now, one of the (false) allegation was that Peter Obi’s supporters are from a particular section of the country, nay Igbos. But how true is that claim? Let’s use the now deleted poll of AIT on Twitter which garnered about 30,000 votes before it was deleted as a reference point, do you mean to tell me that out of the 82% of the 30,000 votes that Peter Obi garnered, that non are from other part of the country? They are all Igbos?

Tell me which candidate among those who have declared interest in the 2023 presidency is better than Peter Obi and why. Because in all honesty, the next person that comes closest to Peter Obi, in all ramification, is Osinbajo. But how close is he to Peter Obi? Does he possess his knowledge of the economy? Can he truly extricate himself from the failures of APC and the economic shambles our country is in, being the chair of the economy by virtue of his position as Vice President?

The thing is simple. Obi’s supporters are not some herd of unintelligent people but a community of highly cerebral and informed men and women who have taken their time to mirror the politicians in parade and decided that Peter Obi fits into the kind of president we want for our country.

And for the records, Obi’s supporters cut across all of Nigeria; Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw, Tiv, etc, and that ethnic tag on him will never stick and his candidacy will never be jinxed.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

U hve time to listen to an lgbo hater like nwabufo. The same idiot condemned innoson for trying to expand his business in the east rather than branching out to other regions. Such a man sees nothing good in his people if at all he is lgbo and exist

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young Dad Heading To His Grave Over Unknown Gun Men Activities - (Video) / Photos: Osinbajo Attends Nasarawa State Govenor's Son Wedding / Reno Omokri Tweet And Twitter Users Responded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.