Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,565 members, 7,965,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 10:47 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5596079 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) ... (2357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bobojoshua(m): 11:57am On Dec 15, 2016
Etern:

Vlc version is 2.2.4 Weatherwax on Windows 7 64bit. Right click on your .TSV file and choose play with vlc media player. You should record a small clip to try first.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldorado382: 12:34pm On Dec 15, 2016
abohwun:
It may be a technical problem from them.
qch mean it z general but what of west side
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 12:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
Eldorado382:
west is ok
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 2Banty: 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hello guys, I stumbled on this thread while searching for solutions to my decoder ish. I use a stronger decoder SRT4675A(original o) and asides the christain channels, I only receive Nollywood, Press TV. I have tried using the frequencies i saw online to search for more free to air channels but its not yielding much. Pls I need help on how best to go about this. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by larryenob(m): 1:22pm On Dec 15, 2016
Eldorado382:
it's not general oh mine has been working for long ooh no crack or freeze up-to 2weeks now

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oguguolouis(m): 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2016
Is the MBC ON 7w gone? Becos i could not track it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by merrypakman: 1:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
Oguguolouis:
Is the MBC ON 7w gone? Becos i could not track it

Still active
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oguguolouis(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
merrypakman:

Still active
thanks @merry.., i will give it another try . PLS I NEED MULTI TV TP
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2016
Oguguolouis:

thanks @merry.., i will give it another try . PLS I NEED MULTI TV TP
It is active only on some locations mostly northern state. Multitv tp 12525v 30000

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 2Banty: 2:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
2Banty:
Hello guys, I stumbled on this thread while searching for solutions to my decoder ish. I use a stronger decoder SRT4675A(original o) and asides the christain channels, I only receive Nollywood, Press TV. I have tried using the frequencies i saw online to search for more free to air channels but its not yielding much. Pls I need help on how best to go about this. thanks
tps

pls i need FTA tps for this decoder type or similar. pls helllp
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
abohwun:
It is active only on some locations mostly northern state. Multitv tp 12525v 30000
Still active here in South East...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kudos4u(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
I need AFN powervu here is my email Kudos4u1@gmail.com, the one I was given yesterday is no more working.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olawaleejiko: 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
sauceEEP:

Still active here in South East...
i noticed the mbc frequency in my Area just dropped drastically about a week now. I dont know if the mbc in 7 west is working for some people in mowe area of ogun state.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldorado382: 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2016
larryenob:
it's not general oh mine has been working for long ooh no crack or freeze up-to 2weeks now
what z ur polarisation bc mine z H after repositioning my dilectric plate
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oguguolouis(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
TODAY NOT A GOOD DAY FOR TRACKING . ALL EFFORTS TO NAIL MBC @7w . And AFN @9e WAS NEGETIVE. Here at badagry. Am sad now:-(

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
2Banty:
tps

pls i need FTA tps for this decoder type or similar. pls helllp

Hello Banty, it seems you are using only one dish. If true then it is not possible for you to receive the frequencies being posted here.

1. You need different dishes to receive multiple satellites, unlike normal Local TV channels where you use a single antenna to receive all within your reach.

2. Even on the same satellite you have C-band and KU-band signals, which cannot be received with the normal small LNB, except you are using the C/KU-band combined LNB.

3. You need a big dish for C-band signals.

4. Satellite that are close to each other can be received on a single dish by multiple LNBs attached to a single dish. Also a single LNB can be used to receive two satellites that are close.

5. You can motorise your dish to receive multiple satellites with one dish and a single LNB.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
graphicicon:
@Etern, the file that u play with vlc media player, did u record it from which decoder, let me know, cos am using Vinsat xv9800.

I used the Klite codec pack Emmaachile mentioned and was able to play TSV file recorded on QSAT using Windows Media Player version 9 and saved the file under windows media player with .AVI extension.

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spacetrotter: 9:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
HD24 West gone
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fasheyitan(m): 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
24hd still there change frequency to 4097 v16907. just blind scan ur stb.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2016
microgiant:

I used the Klite codec pack Emmaachile mentioned and was able to play TSV file recorded on QSAT using Windows Media Player version 9 and saved the file under windows media player with .AVI extension.
@Microgiant, we are getting closer to solve this problem, let me ask u, did u tweak the configuration of the codec pack or did u installed it and thats all?, which window operating system are u using?, cos am using window 8.1, pls throw more light on how u did it?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
graphicicon:
, so none of the members in the forum have recorded any file on chinese decoders like Qsat, vinsat and Dsat and play it with computer .
which QSat receiver...had no problem with pvr on video recorded with q23g with vlc/window media player/centre on window 7 computer...and even played the same file recorded with qsat with another receiver...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 1:11am On Dec 16, 2016
graphicicon:
@Microgiant, we are getting closer to solve this problem, let me ask u, did u tweak the configuration of the codec pack or did u installed it and thats all?, which window operating system are u using?, cos am using window 8.1, pls throw more light on how u did it?

I also had difficulty in playing back recorded files on pc. So I just downloaded the codec and installed without any tweaking.

I am using Windows XP and before installation of the codec most hd files had no audio sound. I noticed that files display as notepad documents in windows explorer, just right clicked, choose open with, then selected windows media player, It displayed can play but asked if i want WMP to play it which I chose. yes and it played. cool

1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 1:33am On Dec 16, 2016
Unfortunately when I pasted the captured the screen to paint program, and saved the picture was blanked out.

I used the encrypted E! Channel on 68.5E for the demonstration.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nwabueze8(m): 5:18am On Dec 16, 2016
pls,friends in the house ,is there any free to air channels @ eutelsat9.e. how many of them.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 16, 2016
graphicicon:
Install this version of vlc player and see whether it's playing ver 2.24
http://filehippo.com/download_vlc_media_player/32/
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 16, 2016
microgiant:

I noticed that files display as notepad documents in windows explorer, just right clicked, choose open with, then selected windows media player, It displayed can play but asked if i want WMP to play it which I chose. yes and it played. cool

Tick always use the selected program to select windows media player as default.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hary158: 7:18am On Dec 16, 2016
any installer in Benin here. I need urgent rectification of my sp24. its showing 68% signal strength but no quality. please reach me now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 7:38am On Dec 16, 2016
hary158:
any installer in Benin here. I need urgent rectification of my sp24. its showing 68% signal strength but no quality. please reach me now.
Is it on westside have you change ur freq. to 4097 v16907.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 8:30am On Dec 16, 2016
Chinedu7:
Some channels from Ting Package on Abs 2 @ 74.9 degree with frequency 11596 H 30000, 11996 H 27500 are currently unscrambled. The channels include:
1. ATN
2. TVI
3. UTV
4. Ting HD Sports
5. Sibuka TV
6. TBC 1
7. Channel 10
8. Emmanuel TV
9. Lesotho TV.

All channels fta now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ucheo: 8:39am On Dec 16, 2016
Is it on westside have you change ur freq. to 4097 v16907.

I just did these on the west side. The signal is ok but the quality keeps skipping from to 30% back to 0% in a flash.
Wat can I do to restore this.House please advise
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nis70: 8:57am On Dec 16, 2016
larryenob:
Which Lnb are you using on the east side for sp24?
Where is ur location?
And what is ur signal strength and quality on 3800H20000?
Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:36am On Dec 16, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Install this version of vlc player and see whether it's playing ver 2.24
http://filehippo.com/download_vlc_media_player/32/
@Emmachile, i have that version of media player in my laptop, it plays but no video display and no audio, it was just counting the seconds of playing status, pls can u do me a favour by recording with either vinsat xv9800 or dsat dx9800 to see the outcome and feed me back, its really give me headeache.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) ... (2357) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.