Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,408 members, 7,901,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:35 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1915) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5531475 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) ... (2354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mahkanjuh: 10:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
abohwun:
try 12214 software version of m5 super.
Please, is it wise for me to change my strong 4950E for Tigersat M5?
Please, kindly advise me to the best choice, I am thinking of swapping the strong 4950E for M5
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 7:52am On Apr 17, 2019
WHO HAS EXPERIENCED THIS?

my 4955b suddenly stopped responding, so when I pulled out the DC adaptor of the sucket and put it back the decoder refused to turn ON.

What do you think could be the problem? I thought DC adaptors protect decoders from AC voltage power surges.

Kindly help. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:26am On Apr 17, 2019
Spy360:

What do you think could be the problem? I thought DC adaptors protect decoders from AC voltage power surges.
Kindly help. Thanks.
No adaptors don't protect anything from surges!
The main content in these adaptors are the step down DC low voltage transformers, which are supposed to be inside the decoders ...they are made external in adaptors to reduce over heating in the case of smaller housing decoders or can easily be replaced when damage!However you cannot get automatic voltage supply from this adaptors made for the receiver mainly 100-240Volts in case of low voltage ..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:27am On Apr 17, 2019
Spy360:

my 4955b suddenly stopped responding, so when I pulled out the DC adaptor of the sucket and put it back the decoder refused to turn ON.

Kindly help. Thanks.
You must have caused a spark that damaged your IC
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 10:43am On Apr 17, 2019
odilibe:

No adaptors don't protect anything from surges!
The main content in these adaptors are the step down DC low voltage transformers, which are supposed to be inside the decoders ...they are made external in adaptors to reduce over heating in the case of smaller housing decoders or can easily be replaced when damage!However you cannot get automatic voltage supply from this adaptors made for the receiver mainly 100-240Volts in case of low voltage ..
Your knowledge is so broad. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2019
odilibe:
You must have caused a spark that damaged your IC
Perhaps I should try another adaptor before sending the decoder for repairs.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
Spy360:

Perhaps I should try another adaptor before sending the decoder for repairs.
Bro, can you say exactly what occurred before the box went dead.?...some of us could learn a tip or two to avoid such situations
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2019
@spy360,..The strong 4955series do hardly feel the effects of power surges....the worse outcome is a damaged power adaptor, check if power adaptor is working.. Had similar situation, thought box was dead but was able to restart it through PC software update....(quite delicate process)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
mahkanjuh:

Please, is it wise for me to change my strong 4950E for Tigersat M5?
Please, kindly advise me to the best choice, I am thinking of swapping the strong 4950E for M5
If the M5 is H265, then you can go ahead
No member should buy a new receiver that is neither H265 nor 4K...the older ones are coming in at low prices, so everyone should check before buying

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2019
yawwilson:

Bro, can you say exactly what occurred before the box went dead.?...some of us could learn a tip or two to avoid such situations
I cannot confirm if the box is dead until I try with another adaptor.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Leon2dgh: 7:43pm On Apr 17, 2019
yawwilson:

If the M5 is H265, then you can go ahead
No member should buy a new receiver that is neither H265 nor 4K...the older ones are coming in at low prices, so everyone should check before buying
pls which other decoder has H265 apart from m5 and price friendly
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2019
Leon2dgh:
Hello bro! you can join the HelloboxV5 plus family
Has very reliable support. Buy from Aliexpress if you can ..about 40$ (US dollar).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by clemo4u(m): 7:19am On Apr 18, 2019
4950 only red standby light is on any clue on how to revive it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 18, 2019
clemo4u:
4950 only red standby light is on any clue on how to revive it
Go to strong Technologies website and download the original software and use it to flash the box...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omakay(m): 10:26am On Apr 18, 2019
I lost some channels on eutelsat 9A since last night.

BBC
Aljeezera

All MBC channels...

I use Strong Decoder 4950H

Any one got any clues on that?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mr2kul(m): 11:19am On Apr 18, 2019
Please guys can FTA channels be tracked with startimes decoder?.. I have 2 different startimes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ademmy102: 11:32am On Apr 18, 2019
I want to buy a decoder and which decoder is best for me to buy?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by clemo4u(m): 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
yawwilson:

Go to strong Technologies website and download the original software and use it to flash the box...
thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2019
ademmy102:
I want to buy a decoder and which decoder is best for me to buy?
It depends on what you want bro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by routsz: 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
44.5E cracks badly here even on Strong 90cm dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nemadfsyahooc: 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
[quote author=omaolowo post=76558081]

Seems yours is different from this attached price list[/quote
I'm interested. Can it work with Strong SRT 4653 decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mr2kul(m): 8:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mr2kul:
Please guys can FTA channels be tracked with startimes decoder?..
I have 2 different startimes
Somebody please answer me.
Let me know if the decoders are still useful.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ademmy102: 12:37am On Apr 19, 2019
Hello, I need someone to recommend 3 best decoder for me. I want to buy and is urgent
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 7:01am On Apr 19, 2019
Leon2dgh:
Range T20 is available now, HEVC compliant, and lots more I not mention in public.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Alexdinho10(m): 7:40am On Apr 19, 2019
Good morning friends pls my nigcomsat is off air I want know if is general.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omaolowo(m): 8:02am On Apr 19, 2019
Alexdinho10:

It is not general.
Mine is working perfectly

Check the connections from your end
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Omoolatobi: 8:10am On Apr 19, 2019
Alexdinho10:

NigComSat is on. It is always on
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oguguolouis(m): 5:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
yawwilson:
@spy360,..The strong 4955series do hardly feel the effects of power surges....the worse outcome is a damaged power adaptor, check if power adaptor is working.. Had similar situation, thought box was dead but was able to restart it through PC software update....(quite delicate process)
@yawwilson mine case is different MY ADAPTOR STOPD WORKING AND MY SON CUTTED IT OFF AND PLUG THE WIRE DIRECT AND AS EXPECTED THE DICODER SMOKED FROM THE PANEL INSIDE. MY QUESTION IS. IS THERE A REMEDY 4 IT? OR IS THE DECODER DEAD? Talking about 4955b
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2019
Oguguolouis:

@yawwilson mine case is different MY ADAPTOR STOPD WORKING AND MY SON CUTTED IT OFF AND PLUG THE WIRE DIRECT AND AS EXPECTED THE DICODER SMOKED FROM THE PANEL INSIDE. MY QUESTION IS. IS THERE A REMEDY 4 IT? OR IS THE DECODER DEAD? Talking about 4955b
You are talking about pluging directly a 240 volts AC Main current to a 12volts Dc electronic components ...that was a bomb!! Beyond repair unit!

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 19, 2019
Oguguolouis:

Good day!.. My bro, sometimes I prefer not to be the prophet of Doom. However, when fragile" nano boards "
smoke like that..l strongly believe we will need the services of the "undertaker"

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
@Oguguolouis,my bro, don't stress up too much over the box ,Go to Aliexpress and get HelloboxV5 plus to cushion the loss..

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olayinkaoj(m): 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
Good evening gurus,

1. My multi-tv channels are not working on 28°e, although other stations like galaxy, quest, etc are working (Core is not working also). Has there been change of TP?
2. I got Nigcomsat but TSTV is not coming up. What should I do?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) ... (2354) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.