Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,331 members, 7,907,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 03:03 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5537970 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (2355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 1:39am On Nov 28, 2012
gadotor: Did anybody knows where i can get srt4902 or srt4930 hd decoder in GHANA,Thank you

many peoples are selling there own here in ksi if you want i can give you phone number you contact them
remember it is not new they have use and now want to sell cos new technology is out.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by deepbluesky(m): 1:39am On Nov 28, 2012
blexxonmak:
@obnelly.Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C at 19.2°E loud and clear here in Enugu with 7m pan dish.

Hello from Germany,

Can we get more information about that please ? I would like to see some photo if possible and which frequencies can be received at which signal quality levels, preferrably in dB C/N. Suppose some frequencies can be received just in a certain time slot, right ?

Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by deepbluesky(m): 1:47am On Nov 28, 2012
Hello everybody once again,

We here in Europe are awaiting the move of many frequencies to the new Astra 2F UK or PE Beam. But there has also been announced that 2B West Africa frequencies will move to 2F Africa Beam. One of them is Multi TV which will change its frequency: http://www.multitvworld.com/upgrade/

What are your observations ? Is it still on 2B or has it been activated on 2F ?

And can you see any difference in signal quality at 12543H and 12603V compared to yesterday do that we can be say for sure that they have also left 2B ?

Thanks a lot and greetings from Stuttgart/Germany.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 2:26am On Nov 28, 2012
installers can also contact on how to use it it is new so it may be little tricky i know
below is redline HD stb tomorrow i will open and post more pictures of this box and teach how to use it and kktv HD too for anything i mean all including ID
those who knows how to create thread on this forum can teach me or create it just name it redline STB or how to use Redcam and i will teach and give software for this new boy

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 4:41am On Nov 28, 2012
vicyear4us: o
plz side are u; am 4m osun state in osogbo i try it but not show its red.

Good Morning Vicyear4us,

I am residing in Kenya..
Below Amos 5 West Central Africa beam and my Location.

The reason why your receiver is not turning green on Frequency 11155 V DVB-S2 QPSK SR 49996 is due to the high Symbol rate (SR 49996)
Most receivers in the market can only handy DVB-S2 modulation set @ 10 - 30Msps (SR 10-30000)
Most likely your receiver can not decode beyond SR 30000.

The images i have posted are from Strong Srt 4922 HD.
The Receiver can handle
DVB-S: 2 - 45Ms/s
DVB-S2: 10 - 45Msps (QPSK & 8PSK) as per tests carried out.

Snap shots of Infinity package taken today morning.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 6:38am On Nov 28, 2012
james_mac:

Multi TV channels have moved to 12523 V 19531.
Time to start the hunt! wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 6:59am On Nov 28, 2012
@DODOS please call me i don't have your number

@all for more or any questions about Redline please come to https://www.nairaland.com/1116159/how-use-redcam-how-redcam
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kelechi55: 8:19am On Nov 28, 2012
am useing strong 4669z and i can not fined amos 5 on the list, what am seeing here is amos 2,3 can it work for infinity if yes the tp to track it pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kelechi55: 8:35am On Nov 28, 2012
am use strong 4669z and i can not fined amos 5 on the list, what am seeing here is amos 2,3, and i need to track infinty can amos 2,3 do it, if yes the tp to track it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cleanman(m): 10:12am On Nov 28, 2012
Cleanman: hello guys...i just got sm cash and i'm thinking of buying a new decoder(strong)..pls i need advice on the best one i could buy..sm guy told me SRT 4922HD Is good(with youtube and stuff) and pocket friendly...bt i heard 4930hd is another 1 to watchout for..pls help i dnt want to buy a fake one o!@olenyi,pidzo,oga george,odilibe,etc,etcS
Do i need to postrate b4 my question is answered...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 10:30am On Nov 28, 2012
Cleanman: Do i need to postrate b4 my question is answered...
Get 4930, no need to prostrate bro. wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 10:36am On Nov 28, 2012
[size=14pt]MultiTV, welcome to Southern Africa![/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ray1251(m): 11:35am On Nov 28, 2012
pls guys whats happening to intel7/10 press tv,and some other channels are always going and coming,pls is it only me that is experinceing such?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2012
Pidzo: [size=14pt]MultiTV, welcome to Southern Africa![/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
wow! cant wait to get home...how many channels are there in total?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2012
Rextab:
wow! cant wait to get home...how many channels are there in total?
I am getting 16 channels. cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 1:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
Welcome southern africa to GHANA MULTI TV happy viewing,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 1:47pm On Nov 28, 2012

4930L hd is better..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Derbyman(m): 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2012
Pidzo:
I am getting 16 channels. cool
is dia any new channels apart 4rm d existing ones?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
Derbyman: is dia any new channels apart 4rm d existing ones?
Hard to know, the first ever beam of MultiTV to Southern Africa cool

@All
Those with SRT 4930L, new software is out. Get it here: http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?PHPSESSID=fa9f2d2037703794bc90f769244511b3&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 5:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
olushaggy:

4930L hd is better..
Pidzo:
By specification on strong website...SRT 4930L(HD)2SLOTS...wins with a narrow margin ..EMBEDDED WITH CONAX CAS7-2CARD SLOTS/WIFI (USB DONGLE) for software update&programmable funtion keys. shocked shocked
You can examine 4930L 2SLOTS...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pachigo4all(m): 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
How do i upgrade my srt 4669z decorder?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
olenyi:

This is curtesy of Oga twinstaiye at the FAQ thread.

HOW TO BUILD AN RS 232 CABLE
Go to the guys selling computer parts. Buy an rs 232 cable (as shown in Diagram 1). You cantake the picture along with you for them to understand. Both ends of the cable should be female (with holes) See attached diagram. The connections will be
pin 2-----------------------------------pin 3
pin 3-----------------------------------pin 2
pin 5-----------------------------------pin 5
Though it may be difficult for you to physically know what connects to what, i willgive you my own style.
Take a cutter (or knife, pliers) and cut your cable into 2 at the midpoint (middle), you will find 9 coloured cables including a Unclad one. You will only need the Green, Orange, Red and the Unclad cable. Connects it like thisat both ends.
END 1 END 2
Red ------> connects to <----------- Orange
Orange ------> connects to <----------- Red
Green -----> connects to <----------- Green
Unclad wire ------> connects to <----------- Unclad wire
If you connect it well, then you are good to go. (make sure you cover the connected ends with cello tape before you destroy your decoder oooo)
Check the diagram for more details.
However, if your own cable is different, you will need a Multimeter (in the diagram) to test the cable to actually determine pin 2, 3 and 5 then you cross it as is shown in the diagram. How do you test? Alright, Turn the multimeter in such a way as if you are testingfor the resistance of the cable e.g. 2k, then connect one end of your Multimeter to pin 2 (second hole from right) (see pin diagram 1 -5, 6 – 9) and then the other end of the meter,use it to touch each ends of the coloured cables to test. If there is a deflection(analog) or value (for digital) , then you know that is the cable for that particular hole (pin 2) . Do the same to determine pin 3 and 5. The Unclad cable is easy to see. You can then connect the cable to your decoder and PC to start the transfer.
tanx boss. I av tried decoder 2 decoder update using rs232 bt it was telling me 2 connect SNB cable n power on. Dnt undastand bt a frend told me i bought d fake 4669x decoda cos d real one z no longer in market nd ma dad wil crusify me if i tell him this cos he wanted DSTV bt i convincd him 2 go 4 STRONG. Pls help me o.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2012
olenyi:

This is curtesy of Oga twinstaiye at the FAQ thread.

HOW TO BUILD AN RS 232 CABLE
Go to the guys selling computer parts. Buy an rs 232 cable (as shown in Diagram 1). You cantake the picture along with you for them to understand. Both ends of the cable should be female (with holes) See attached diagram. The connections will be
pin 2-----------------------------------pin 3
pin 3-----------------------------------pin 2
pin 5-----------------------------------pin 5
Though it may be difficult for you to physically know what connects to what, i willgive you my own style.
Take a cutter (or knife, pliers) and cut your cable into 2 at the midpoint (middle), you will find 9 coloured cables including a Unclad one. You will only need the Green, Orange, Red and the Unclad cable. Connects it like thisat both ends.
END 1 END 2
Red ------> connects to <----------- Orange
Orange ------> connects to <----------- Red
Green -----> connects to <----------- Green
Unclad wire ------> connects to <----------- Unclad wire
If you connect it well, then you are good to go. (make sure you cover the connected ends with cello tape before you destroy your decoder oooo)
Check the diagram for more details.
However, if your own cable is different, you will need a Multimeter (in the diagram) to test the cable to actually determine pin 2, 3 and 5 then you cross it as is shown in the diagram. How do you test? Alright, Turn the multimeter in such a way as if you are testingfor the resistance of the cable e.g. 2k, then connect one end of your Multimeter to pin 2 (second hole from right) (see pin diagram 1 -5, 6 – 9) and then the other end of the meter,use it to touch each ends of the coloured cables to test. If there is a deflection(analog) or value (for digital) , then you know that is the cable for that particular hole (pin 2) . Do the same to determine pin 3 and 5. The Unclad cable is easy to see. You can then connect the cable to your decoder and PC to start the transfer.
tanx boss. I av tried decoder 2 decoder update using rs232 bt it was telling me 2 connect SNB cable n power on. Dnt undastand bt a frend told me i bought d fake 4669x decoda cos d real one z no longer in market nd ma dad wil crusify me if i tell him this cos he wanted DSTV bt i convincd him 2 go 4 STRONG. Pls help me o.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2012
profsomebody:

First, did u buy the cable or u built ur own. follow the instructions on the tutorial carefully. Use a mjltimeter to check dat the number two pin of one head of the cable is connected to number 3 of the other head and vice versa. If not, then cut it and interchange it. Then try again.

NB: if u are not sure if the dealer u bought it from doesn't stock original strong products, den don't try it. Take it to dem to upgrade for u so u dont fry it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2012
Hello house is it necessary to cut the RS232 cable or you can use it straight away?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cleanman(m): 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
Pidzo:
thanks bro..u d best!,i'll get 4922hd to cut costs...olushaggy et odilibe i appreciate ur responses.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pachigo4all(m): 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2012
WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE, ARE WE NOT HAVING GURUS AGAIN IN THIS SITE? PLEASE HOW DO I UPGRADE MY STRONGER DECORDER SRT 4699Z? HELP ME OOO GURUS IN THE HOUSE.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2012
Pachigo4all: WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE, ARE WE NOT HAVING GURUS AGAIN IN THIS SITE? PLEASE HOW DO I UPGRADE MY STRONGER DECORDER SRT 4699Z? HELP ME OOO GURUS IN THE HOUSE.

pour water on it and connect to phcn Viola
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spacevice(m): 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2012
Pachigo4all: WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE, ARE WE NOT HAVING GURUS AGAIN IN THIS SITE? PLEASE HOW DO I UPGRADE MY STRONGER DECORDER SRT 4699Z? HELP ME OOO GURUS IN THE HOUSE.

Why do you want to upgrade? Anyway, go to this page and look for the post by Sammu:

www.nairaland.com/419526/strong-receivers-thread/5
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 1:21am On Nov 29, 2012
deepbluesky: Hello everybody once again,

We here in Europe are awaiting the move of many frequencies to the new Astra 2F UK or PE Beam. But there has also been announced that 2B West Africa frequencies will move to 2F Africa Beam. One of them is Multi TV which will change its frequency: http://www.multitvworld.com/upgrade/

What are your observations ? Is it still on 2B or has it been activated on 2F ?

And can you see any difference in signal quality at 12543H and 12603V compared to yesterday do that we can be say for sure that they have also left 2B ?

Thanks a lot and greetings from Stuttgart/Germany.
@ deepbluesky, MultiTv have left Astra 2B and have migrated to Astra 2F. There is really an increase on their signal strength here at my end though a lot of people here might not notice it because they are getting full signal strength before the migration. At my office, I was having 81% on MultiTv due to some percentage I gave up so that I could get all the trasponders on my third lnbf (pointing on 16 and 17 degrees east) on my single 90cm dish. I was surprise to see MultiTv at 91%.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 1:31am On Nov 29, 2012
@All, have anybody tried upgrading his reciever ( 69x series) with the new patch? I just want to know if there is any new feature on the new patch. Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 4:55am On Nov 29, 2012
Pidzo: [size=14pt]MultiTV, welcome to Southern Africa![/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Good Morning,

Flight Astra 2F has also landed in Kenya.
On board MultiTV platform with 16 TV Channels.
As per test in Limuru , Kenya, a 1.2 Meter dish can nab the bird.
You can get the bird with a 90 cm offset dish in the Western region of Kenya.

Astra 2F Western Africa footprint...

MultiTv Frequency 12522 V DVB-S SR 19531
Seems DVB-S2 modulation was changed when the bird migrated to Astra 2F

Also noted a couple of active transponder from frequency 12500 and above on both Vertical & Horizontal polarities.

Active Internet tps on Astra 2F Western Africa footprint
12598 H 12000
12602 H 3095
12618 V 8000 (AOL)
12726 V 21500

SO MUCH MORE FOR FREE

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (2355) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.