Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,588 members, 7,968,692 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:30 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5599806 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (2357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 9:44am On Feb 16, 2013
Oga George_D, Ok, waiting anxiously for your post.

@I Hacked, my china clone meter controls my HH Motor using diseqc 1.2, no usals. Satellite positions can be saved with the diseqc 1.2 . The problem i experienced was with the limits. After setting my west limits the motor couldn't move westwards past the 0 position again and disabling limits/resetting didn't solve the problem. I had to clear the limits setting using a decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 16, 2013
olenyi:

Akthedream,

I've answered u before. To track/get a satellite whit hitv decoder for a newbie will be extremely difficult. If only u can look for a friend with strong machine dat u can borrow from, it will be much easier.

But let me try. angry

take ur hitv decoder and tv outside to where ur dish is located. Now connect the wire/cable from the dish to the decoder and power everything.

I wont claim to remember the hitv menu layout but i'll try sha.

Press the menu button on the remote, select installation. Go to ''tp setup'' and select.

On the satellite, look for intelsat 7/10 ku ans select. Scroll down to tp and look for 12722 V 26657.

At the buttom of the screen, u'll notice two bars with one reading close to 70% or more.

Now with ur eyes on the second empty one, loosen ur dish with size 10 spanner so dat it can tilt downwards until its almost vertical (ie streight). Also loosen slightly the nuts holding the dish to the pole. (loosen slightly).

Now standing at the back of ur dish and still keeping an eye on the second signal bar, shift ur dish to ur left a little and gradually, a little up and down.

Shift a little to the left again and up, down. (the secret here is patiance and perseverance).

Our goal here is to get the second signal bar to fill up like the first one.

Continue dat way. If u dont pick anything, reverse and start coming back towards ur right gradually while still doing the up and down stuff.

When u get any slight signal, stop there and try to fine tune it to get the most signal percentage u can get and then lock all loose nuts with ur spanner. Then select satellite search and search. U should be good now.

NB:

1) make sure dia is no obstructions in front of the dish. Even ur body can block out the signal. The satellite is a little above the horizon so make sure ur dish has a clear line of sight to the horizon.

2) position the lnb (sensor where u connect the wire for the dish) in such a way dat the port where u connected the cable is horizontal. When u must have gotten the signal, u can slightly adjust the lnb a little clockwise or anti clockwise to get the position with the best signal %.

3) the hitv decoder tuner is not sensitive and u will notice it refreshes itself every few seconds. Dats why u have to be very slow in pushing ur dish up and down. If u are fast and push the dish past the ideal position of picking the signal before it refreshes, the decoder wont be able to pick the signal.

Pheeew!!! grin

Just hope this help.

Regards.
Thanks man for your reply.I really appreciate it .As u have typed,am a newbie lol.I think the best for me now as u have said is to borrow a strong decoder.That i wil do,just put me through on how i can do that since it wil be much easier..Thanks once more for u effort..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 16, 2013
olenyi:

Akthedream,

I've answered u before. To track/get a satellite whit hitv decoder for a newbie will be extremely difficult. If only u can look for a friend with strong machine dat u can borrow from, it will be much easier.

But let me try. angry

take ur hitv decoder and tv outside to where ur dish is located. Now connect the wire/cable from the dish to the decoder and power everything.

I wont claim to remember the hitv menu layout but i'll try sha.

Press the menu button on the remote, select installation. Go to ''tp setup'' and select.

On the satellite, look for intelsat 7/10 ku ans select. Scroll down to tp and look for 12722 V 26657.

At the buttom of the screen, u'll notice two bars with one reading close to 70% or more.

Now with ur eyes on the second empty one, loosen ur dish with size 10 spanner so dat it can tilt downwards until its almost vertical (ie streight). Also loosen slightly the nuts holding the dish to the pole. (loosen slightly).

Now standing at the back of ur dish and still keeping an eye on the second signal bar, shift ur dish to ur left a little and gradually, a little up and down.

Shift a little to the left again and up, down. (the secret here is patiance and perseverance).

Our goal here is to get the second signal bar to fill up like the first one.

Continue dat way. If u dont pick anything, reverse and start coming back towards ur right gradually while still doing the up and down stuff.

When u get any slight signal, stop there and try to fine tune it to get the most signal percentage u can get and then lock all loose nuts with ur spanner. Then select satellite search and search. U should be good now.

NB:

1) make sure dia is no obstructions in front of the dish. Even ur body can block out the signal. The satellite is a little above the horizon so make sure ur dish has a clear line of sight to the horizon.

2) position the lnb (sensor where u connect the wire for the dish) in such a way dat the port where u connected the cable is horizontal. When u must have gotten the signal, u can slightly adjust the lnb a little clockwise or anti clockwise to get the position with the best signal %.

3) the hitv decoder tuner is not sensitive and u will notice it refreshes itself every few seconds. Dats why u have to be very slow in pushing ur dish up and down. If u are fast and push the dish past the ideal position of picking the signal before it refreshes, the decoder wont be able to pick the signal.

Pheeew!!! grin

Just hope this help.

Regards.
Thanks man for your reply.I really appreciate it .As u have typed,am a newbie lol.I think the best for me now as u have said is to borrow a strong decoder.That i wil do,just put me through on how i can do that since it wil be much easier..Thanks once more for u effort...Pls let me know if there is any need to use a software or so on the Hitv branded decocoder..Am asking cos someone said that its possible to upload Mytv software or application on it to receive more Fta..Pls i also need your advice and the rest gurus in the house on that..Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chijingo: 11:31am On Feb 16, 2013
Dis is the possibility of 3-in-1-in-60cm dish. 1st is w3c =75%, den Multy Tv=82% & far up is DSTV=55-70%. More 2 come.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
thanks man.@roman001.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2013
chijingo: Dis is the possibility of 3-in-1-in-60cm dish. 1st is w3c =75%, den Multy Tv=82% & far up is DSTV=55-70%. More 2 come.
bros no ves o!, i tink say na multytv go come 1st, dstv 2nd,then w3c.please explain am intrested.am using 2in1 setup (multytv/dstv)one love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2013
please hs which 2in1 setup is this? Primary focus multytv,then another lnb attach(below) at the hand(the white v rod that hold the 1st lnb)of the dish whit solotape.my question is,which satellite is that(the 2nd lnb).please help me if u understands/know what am saying.one love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 6:51am On Feb 17, 2013
ballamy: please hs which 2in1 setup is this? Primary focus multytv,then another lnb attach(below) at the hand(the white v rod that hold the 1st lnb)of the dish whit solotape.my question is,which satellite is that(the 2nd lnb).please help me if u understands/know what am saying.one love.
what u saw is dstv as primary and multi @ the v rod attach with celo tape.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 6:55am On Feb 17, 2013
I Hacked:

yes 90cm dish you will get it bro.use conical scaler ring or home made scaler to bost your signals

all TP will be green on this bird i have done it many time

you can use 10987 V 08150 on any ku satellite on your decoder but cband LNB to track this bird and it will be very fast

I hacked pls what is conical scaler and what type of LNB can I use to track C Band on 90cm.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 9:26am On Feb 17, 2013
microgiant: Oga George_D, Ok, waiting anxiously for your post.

@I Hacked, my china clone meter controls my HH Motor using diseqc 1.2, no usals. Satellite positions can be saved with the diseqc 1.2 . The problem i experienced was with the limits. After setting my west limits the motor couldn't move westwards past the 0 position again and disabling limits/resetting didn't solve the problem. I had to clear the limits setting using a decoder.

bro is your meter SH 500G or which type?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 11:21am On Feb 17, 2013
Jackobite: what u saw is dstv as primary and multi @ the v rod attach with celo tape.
a very big thanks man.one love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 11:22am On Feb 17, 2013
platorepublic:

I hacked pls what is conical scaler and what type of LNB can I use to track C Band on 90cm.

to track c band frequencies on 90 cm dishes u need to mototise d dish 1st to get so many satellites at a go, instead of stand alone. u can even combine c and ku lnbf to track more stations
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
I hacked will be coming to legos from nest week .after we finish with that TV station project and ther is still time there will be time for my guys.simple way to install HH motor will be teach and many more .

hope we will have fun and you guys will take me around. grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mide8e(m): 1:58pm On Feb 17, 2013
Pls, how can i watct those
scramble chanels on w3c/amos5 wit my 4669xii?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2013
My Amos channels all popping green signals at 58%,all saying no audio or video on my 4669xii,wat kud b d reason?Tanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
okoegualek: My Amos channels all popping green signals at 58%,all saying no audio or video on my 4669xii,wat kud b d reason?Tanks

Why not adjust ur dish to get a higher signal % for amos. Den delete the channels and rescan. Under normal circumstance, this should solve it.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 2:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
is rdv still showing on dstv?,or is there any free channels on dstv dat play football?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yomkris(m): 2:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
ballamy: please hs which 2in1 setup is this? Primary focus multytv,then another lnb attach(below) at the hand(the white v rod that hold the 1st lnb)of the dish whit solotape.my question is,which satellite is that(the 2nd lnb).please help me if u understands/know what am saying.one love.
my broda i really believe u shud kno beta by now if u have been reading dis thread 4rm d beginin. Anyways, accordin to u, u said d primary lnb is multitv den anoda was attached below it wit a selotape. Fine, there is no way dstv lnb wil come below multitv just take dat 2day. D lnb wil surely b for w3c..d simple explanatn is dat d higher d degree to d east d higher d lnb in a multiple arangement.. C d one above.. Dstv(36e) was d highest, folow by multitv(28.2e) and d guy made w3c (16e) d primary at d botom.
Hope my explanatn is clear.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 2:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
ballamy: is rdv still showing on dstv?,or is there any free channels on dstv dat play football?

left dstv not at w3c 16e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Opespecial: 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
Please house, how much is 4922 &4930 in alaba i wish to get one this week.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2013
one love man.@yomkris
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yomkris(m): 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
@ all. Pls can strong 4669xii show nollywood movie which is on mytv tp. Pls i want to know may b anyone has used 4669 to watch d nollywood movie chanel. Tnx 4ur reply
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by permie(m): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2013
I Hacked: @ Odilibe can you plze check on MK4 NIT HD satellite finder for me if you have or no any one who is using one
i notes it is in UK and it is one of the best but i dont have chance for it now

@ I Hacked.It is a German meter, you can try to order from the company www.smart-electronic.de or the following shops in Germany www.cs-multimedia.de for €480 or www.satshop.tv which is cheap than U.K
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 7:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
Yomkris: @ all. Pls can strong 4669xii show nollywood movie which is on mytv tp. Pls i want to know may b anyone has used 4669 to watch d nollywood movie chanel. Tnx 4ur reply
yes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 8:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
@george D try and contact me 08051355133
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Tooka(m): 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2013
Please members, i need your help, can't Blind Scan my satellite list any more. any time i try it gives the feedback of "Insurfficient TP memory". i hope to appreciate from a gud samaritan. thanx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yomkris(m): 8:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
Adex70: yes

tnk u my broda. I wil try to track intelsat7/10 2mao. Tnx once again
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Tooka(m): 8:42pm On Feb 17, 2013
Please members, i need your help, can't Blind Scan my satellite list any more. any time i tried, it gives the feedback of "Insurfficient TP memory". i hope to appreciate from a gud samaritan. thanx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
permie:

@ I Hacked.It is a German meter, you can try to order from the company www.smart-electronic.de or the following shops in Germany www.cs-multimedia.de for €480 or www.satshop.tv which is cheap than U.K
"but the mk4 nit hd sat meter ...is not available @ these site you listed and for 480 euro, use search tool ...while www.smart-electronic.de only sell their owned smart products,while www.satshop.tv has 19%(VAT) Value added tax " not cheap also grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 7:45am On Feb 18, 2013
I Hacked:

bro is your meter SH 500G or which type?

It is Satlink WS 6906 Clone, branded Coolink CL 6906
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 18, 2013
house, is citizen tv still showing on intelsat 20 (mytv)? Im using 60cm dish and my signal quality on other channels that are showing is 72% but citizen is not showing but only showing no or bad signal.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kyleege(m): 8:19am On Feb 18, 2013
ayolacz: house, is citizen tv still showing on intelsat 20 (mytv)? Im using 60cm dish and my signal quality on other channels that are showing is 72% but citizen is not showing but only showing no or bad signal.
It is still there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (2357) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.