Stats: 3,199,708 members, 7,972,619 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 02:17 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5603481 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (2357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 7:45pm On Mar 01, 2013
perfect nerd: Brand new 3M comm star dish for sale!!!! cheap price.. email.. kalejaiyeao@gmail.com
for more details.
how cheap?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi1(m): 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2013
Yinka4dad: My brother after doing so its still tring to do the upgrading even wen I switch off my main socket without touching the decoder

Unplug the LNB wire from the receiver and power it. Allow the to try upgrading until it boots normally. Then replug ur LNB wire. Also try going to menu-installation-OTA menu. Change to user. Change satellite to any other sat other than intelsat 7/10. Change freq to any of ur choice other than 12522.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 9:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
My brother I did it but still doing the same thing what really happen now is that it has upgraded the ota and my decoder has startyed switching itself off when the nepa took off the light what can I do now
olenyi1:

Unplug the LNB wire from the receiver and power it. Allow the to try upgrading until it boots normally. Then replug ur LNB wire. Also try going to menu-installation-OTA menu. Change to user. Change satellite to any other sat other than intelsat 7/10. Change freq to any of ur choice other than 12522.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshinmichael: 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
olenyi1:

Any ku sat should do. But u can use astra 2abdf and track wif 12523 V 19530.

Regards.
thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
MyHiDsDaar: @ george d how much is this modulator and where can one get it

@MyHiDsDaar,
It is 9.5k here but could be less in lagos and other places. Also there may be other
brands that do the same job for lesser price. It all depends on what you want and where
you're buying it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
My bro please ow can I upgrade this software cos the decoder is switching off itself
D.lee:
That is nice but one can still configure his/her 69 series reciever so that it will never upgrade on it own. It is simple. Just go to menu with your remote then enter pin. Scroll down to OTA menu and press ok. Change scan mode from default to user. Scroll down to satellite and change it to something like this "0.0E----", scroll down to frequency and change it to something like this "[1] 0.000 GHz". Symbol rate should remain like this "0.000 MS/s. Then save your setting. After that, your reciever will freeze then switch off your reciever from the back and switch it on again and go back to the OTA menu, press ok with your remote then press exit and your reciever will ask you "DO YOU WANT TO SAVE? Then save and your reciever will never think of upgrading through OTA. Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
odilibe: @George...i couldn't remember the last time i used RF output..from receiver to tv grin grin grin...video quality is good on rf output...better on av output..best on HDMI..then switch to 1080p(i) video resolution tongue

@odilibe,
Indeed, you're right my brother. Nothing can beat the quality of HDMI over other mode of decoder video
reception and I was indeed amazed by the sharpness and depth of the SRT 4940 pictures over its in - to -in
HDMI output. Again, all the pix I posted on the previous page were from HDMI as you can see the difference.

However for those who have TVs scartered across several rooms and who want to enjoy the liberty of watching
channels without having to come to the sitting room all the time, the RF becomes a necessary compromise
against quality of video over distance. Over the same distance, the rate of degradation of HDMI compared
to RF is simply too much for it to be any useful as an acceptable means of conveying video.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 11:53pm On Mar 01, 2013
@Lunsat
Please can you educate me om how to actually save the channels/satellite list to a flash drive,i have tried it before without success,i need the step by step please,thanks
You can equally pm me on the otherside. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
@all using 69x&68x11 the solution for ota download is get a usb visit a cyber cave if u did not have a system download the soft of ur box 4rm either wizkid or crosat the middle east sw as sammu said load it into ur box the ota download will never disturb ur box again.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 11:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
George d and other gurus in the house my decoder has been upgraded to the ota and my decoder has startyed switching itself off when the nepa took off the light and I switch on the gen.its relly swichting off itself what can I do now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 11:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
What O̶̷͡Ƒ we tjat we had fall into the victim now what should we do
Adex70: @all using 69x&68x11 the solution for ota download is get a usb visit a cyber cave if u did not have a system download the soft of ur box 4rm either wizkid or crosat the middle east sw as sammu said load it into ur box the ota download will never disturb ur box again.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 12:00am On Mar 02, 2013
Yinka4dad: What O̶̷͡Ƒ we that we had fall into the victim now what should we do cos my decoder is just switching off itself
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 12:03am On Mar 02, 2013
@Yinka,
You will still download the software but this time its going to be an RS232 Pc to box transfer or box to box transfer,get a box like yours that hasnt done the upgrade and use it to restore yours.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 12:11am On Mar 02, 2013
Thanks but if I get another box and I want to upgrade my box shld I put the usb in my own decoder to upgrade or use the other decoder to do it
freshp: @Yinka,
You will still download the software but this time its going to be an RS232 Pc to box transfer or box to box transfer,get a box like yours that hasnt done the upgrade and use it to restore yours.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 12:20am On Mar 02, 2013
You are not using a USB Disk now,but an RS-232 Cable...its late now but if you can go to the reference thread for info on rs 232 Cable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 7:12am On Mar 02, 2013
Thanks I understand what you r saying but did I need to use the exact model O̶̷͡Ƒ my box or use any strong model for box to box.cos am using 69x and should I need to use another 69x model to do it or use any model
freshp: You are not using a USB Disk now,but an RS-232 Cable...its late now but if you can go to the reference thread for info on rs 232 Cable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by parisalim: 7:33am On Mar 02, 2013
Eriteria tv2
Today on eriteria tv2
15:00 barca V real
17:30 wigan V liverpool
19:45 ac milan V lazio.ARABSAT 5A
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 8:14am On Mar 02, 2013
Which transponder can i use to track etv Hyde park at sirus 4.8 and can i do it at any time wt 60 m dish , (2) my strong box code has been changed unknowingly ,how can i reset it because i don't know the current code , the 00000 default code is not accepted again , (3) can i get any yoruba channel that is free to air ? On what satellite and tp (4) which is best satellite to track which can give access to epl , ucl and more , only question has been attended to , plus my ogas , i need reply to others , thank u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 8:18am On Mar 02, 2013
pari salim: Eriteria tv2
Today on eriteria tv2
15:00 barca V real
17:30 wigan V liverpool
19:45 ac milan V lazio.ARABSAT 5A
which satellite can we get this and the tp , is it free to air
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 9:31am On Mar 02, 2013
Setoop: which satellite can we get this and the tp , is it free to air
not free,its biss coded.it doesnt wrk on all decoders except urs is biss enabled.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Heko: 9:33am On Mar 02, 2013
Setoop: which satellite can we get this and the tp , is it free to air

bro u can get this chanal arbsat 30.5 east. It is no fta. But u can open it, by biss key.
First use this tp, it is strong tp 12525 v 2500, chanal name imn. After u get this inter this tp 12606 v 2590, it's eri tv 2
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2013
I heard that this ota tsuami if its affect your decoder you will not be able to get multi tv anymore after the fresh upgrading how true is it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:56am On Mar 02, 2013
Yinka4dad: I heard that this ota tsuami if its affect your decoder you will not be able to get multi tv anymore after the fresh upgrading how true is it
Hello Yinka4dad, I am just seeing your post now. Please do as Freshp have told you and you will wake up your reciever but if you cannot do it then look for technician to do it for you. Again, you can still enjoy MultiTv without minding that it have upgraded through OTA. Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mavella(m): 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
Heko:

bro u can get this chanal arbsat 30.5 east. It is no fta. But u can open it, by biss key.
First use this tp, it is strong tp 12525 v 2500, chanal name imn. After u get this inter this tp 12606 v 2590, it's eri tv 2
mkuu your location please and dish size.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 12:47pm On Mar 02, 2013
freshp: @Lunsat
Please can you educate me om how to actually save the channels/satellite list to a flash drive,i have tried it before without success,i need the step by step please,thanks
You can equally pm me on the otherside. grin

Insert USB Memory Stick
Press MENU
Goto STORAGE
Scroll down to DATA TRANSFER
Press and you are in
Press red button on remote to UPLOAD CHANNEL LIST .......__

and you have your list in Cndf format.

and you can even factory reset your decoder and re-install your channel list as it was....with all diseque switch settings intact
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2013
Lunsat: Some people have been asking on this thread how to search for a sat when its not on their channel list. this is where a channel editor can come in handy. There is a nice tool I have used to solve this problem, which is called NDFedit 1.65. you can get this executable file from http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?&direction=1&order=rating&directory=Strong Receivers/Strong WIZKID Files/Strong 4 Middle East. There are afew other types and versions of editors on this site but I have only used the NDFedit 1.65.

You need a computer to use this application. In addition you need to know how to save the channel list from your STB to a flash disk, and you need to know how to upload a channel list from a flash disk to your STB. The channel list file is saved on the flash disk in CNDF format and the NDFedit application enables you to open it and edit it.

With the NDFedit application you can do the following:

1. for satellites, you can:
-Add, Rename, remove, assign positions (degree), and arrange order of satellites in your channel list.
-Change LNB settings i.e LNB frequency, LNB type, and LNB power on/off
- Change diseqc settings i.e assign a sat to a diseqc port, choose the commands which the stb should use (diseqc 1.1 or USALS)

2. Edit TPs for each sat:
- Add, edit or delete a frequency
- give a channel name to a frequency
- Change the polarity of the TP i.e Vertical, Horizontal, circular right, circular left
- Change the FEC i.e 1/2, 3/4. 7/8 etc
-Change the modulation type e.g DVBs, DVBs-S2 or auto
-Tell the STB whether or not tehe frequency is prone to drifting so that it can catch it better

3. This aplication is even supposed to allow you to update your channels list with updated freqencies for each sat from lyngsat or flysat over the internet, though I haved used this aspect of it.

All this is done on your computer and then you upload the channel list to your STB and you are done.With this application you dont need to have useless sats and TPs clogging the memeory of your STB slowing it down and causing it to hang.You dont need to have channels for one sat being scanned under the wrong sat name. You can even have KU band only channel lists and C band only channel lists if you are only interested in one band type only.

Just thought I should share this.

You change Satellite name and position too by:
MENU -> INSTALLATION
SCROLL TO MOTORIZED SETTING
CHANGE DISEQC MOTOR TO USALS
SCROLL UP TO SATELLITE
PRESS THE RED BUTTON FOR RENAME
AND RENAME IT
SAVE AND EXIT
SCROLL DOWN TO SAT DEGREES AND EDIT
SAVE AND EXIT
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Theloveth(m): 1:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
Hi boss you all have to help me with dis ma str4329 wahala.After selecting anoda sat and adding dat new tp 11862H27500,d free dstv stations didnt come up too.The Tp is even among the ones in d W4 sat so i selected and scanned it but i only got 10stations seperate from d dstv own.Help pls and any guru using dis decoder in d house?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2013
Yinka4dad: George d and other gurus in the house my decoder has been upgraded to the ota and my decoder has startyed switching itself off when the nepa took off the light and I switch on the gen.its relly swichting off itself what can I do now

@Yinka4dad,
Sorry for the late reply but seems Dlee, Adex, etc have already done good to your problem.
In case you're still having issues with this decoder of yours please let me know.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 4:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ok george D v given it out to my repairer
George_D:

@Yinka4dad,
Sorry for the late reply but seems Dlee, Adex, etc have already done good to your problem.
In case you're still having issues with this decoder of yours please let me know.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 5:00pm On Mar 02, 2013
D lee thanks v given it to my technician to do it for me I will give you guys update
D.lee:
Hello Yinka4dad, I am just seeing your post now. Please do as Freshp have told you and you will wake up your reciever but if you cannot do it then look for technician to do it for you. Again, you can still enjoy MultiTv without minding that it have upgraded through OTA. Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 5:03pm On Mar 02, 2013
Please anyone wanna sell 1m dish should please tell me the price and also the person should be leaving in ibadan my email is yinka4dad@yahoo.co.uk.tnks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yomkris(m): 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2013
Two days ago When i was away 4rm home, My 4669xii forcefully upgraded its sw from 1.0 to 3.0 dat doesnt have option menu.. I tried to track anoda satelite today all i got on d display of my box was LNBF. It cudnt respond to remote.but if i remove d lnb cable and on it. It alws work normaly wit remote.. Pls dear gurus what can i do with dis lnbf of a thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (2357) (Reply)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56