Stats: 3,201,920 members, 7,980,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 10:41 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5611707 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (2358) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
@All
I blindscanned 36°e, many grooves are there but not all have vidoe and audio, eg aljazeera documento, dubai sport, cinema tv, aljazeera sport etc cnn, aljazeera, setants, zee cinema, are the ones showing.

All these are on 12274H 11200.pls any idea to get the rest showing? thanx for your advice and response
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
kd10: @ Sir King George_D i read back page 293 & see ur works on Cband tracking /signal with Strong K5 or K6 Cband lnb.pls is it different from Strong 15.k Cband lnb?if yes should i go for it? to solve the signal issue i ask about ealier Thanks.

@kd10,

I see that GH-ONE has already answered your question. However, the STRONG K5 or K6 LNBs look just like normal 15.k
LNBs. The only difference is that the numbers are engraved at the bottom of the LNB when you remove the blue plastic
cover that is covering the throat. From experience, the higher the number, the better the performance.

But like what GH-ONE told you, first of all aim for a bigger dish and install/align it properly. After that, you can
install the STRONG k6 or K5 and either of them will give you what you want.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
odilibe: I will track-down all sat receivable in sub-Sahara /west afica next week with my 2.5mesh.. cheesy

While my 2.4m Pan dish will be upgraded to 3m pan dish for fringe reception in Enugu ,will report my finding,soon! grin

@odilibe,

Do we take it that the EAGLE has finally landed? wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 4:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
@Obnelly / kd10...thanks

@George..yeah, the eagle has landed!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
upright2010: thanks sir, as soon as am ready i'l definately get bk to u. But kindly help me with d patch for 69x, 69xii, 22 n 22A i think u have my email? Thank u sir

All are on the link I posted above. Click on it and download the one u need.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
lincolnola: @All
I blindscanned 36°e, many grooves are there but not all have video and audio, eg aljazeera documento, dubai sport, cinema tv, aljazeera sport etc cnn, aljazeera, setants, zee cinema, are the ones showing.

All these are on 12274H 11200.pls any idea to get the rest showing? thanx for your advice and response

Kindly give response to this.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 7:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
odilibe: @Obnelly / kd10...thanks

@odilibe,

Welcome hoe, bro!

Looking forward to that beloved amiko! grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pls house l need active tp for mytv sat, can i track arabsat 20'e,jot tv and 16and17' east on single dish 90cm if yes what will be first to track
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 7:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
Gurus will tell you: indicate your location b4 asking these questions. Arabsat 20e on 90cm is a nonstarter to say the least!
Kosemanik: Pls house l need active tp for mytv sat, can i track arabsat 20'e,jot tv and 16and17' east on single dish 90cm if yes what will be first to track
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
@Bamboutos: U bet. I am presently connected.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
bamboutos: Hi Lovala, Confirm if this is still your number 7761**44. I'll like to tchat with you either through phone or messenger. Let me know went you are available this week-end
Regards
I am now logging into YM. If you are game, then come on.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshinmichael: 8:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pls which sat can i use to track joy tv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
Oshinmichael: Pls which sat can i use to track joy tv
Astra2
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshinmichael: 9:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
lovala:
Astra2
wot of d frequency
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
Astra2f or any other KU satellite. 12522v19531@ 28.2E.
Oshinmichael: wot of d frequency
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
odilibe: @Obnelly / kd10...thanks

@ odilibe well come since the eagle have landed i hope it land with my amiko alien as we discuss well done i am in patience to lay my hand on that jewel grin grin grin cry
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 10:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
Kk tv is no longer working! Am i d only one experiencing this?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
Mallamovye: pls gurus in the house any hope of pre season match on man utd today
Why not try aljazeera sport ?Its the best you can hook up to when it comes to pre-season matches.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 11:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
It's a general problem. I just heard they are trying to add some 2 or more channels to the already KKTV channels.
Chukstaker: Kk tv is no longer working! Am i d only one experiencing this?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 4:27am On Jul 14, 2013
Gurus in the house, something bothers me. So please help me out. My question is this: Intelsat 20 @ 68.5E covers the whole Sub-sahara Africa. SABC transmit via this satellite(Intelsat 20 @ 68.5E). But SABC is receivable only in South Africa. It beats my imagination how this is so. Experts, educate me on this. I have been pondering over this matter for far too long.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bamboutos(f): 5:54am On Jul 14, 2013
lovala:
I am now logging into YM. If you are game, then come on.
Hi Lovala! I'm sorry my camtel connection was very bad. I'll try to get U trhough phone as there is a times 10 bonus at MTN Or YM if possible. Regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 6:20am On Jul 14, 2013
Please gurus, is SES 5e receivable with 60cm dish in southErn naija? And please, is there anybody currently hooked up to that bird... What are the goodies there... Please.... Viva fTa
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 6:20am On Jul 14, 2013
Boadu: Gurus in the house, something bothers me. So please help me out. My question is this: Intelsat 20 @ 68.5E covers the whole Sub-sahara Africa. SABC transmit via this satellite(Intelsat 20 @ 68.5E). But SABC is receivable only in South Africa. It beats my imagination how this is so. Experts, educate me on this. I have been pondering over this matter for far too long.

SABC transmit on the Southern Africa beam on Intelsat 20 not the Africa beam as other channels that's is why can be received in Southern Africa only.But what is so special with these channels can anyone explain i can notice most gurus are eager to get them and I have never seen them.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 6:35am On Jul 14, 2013
Boadu: Gurus in the house, something bothers me. So please help me out. My question is this: Intelsat 20 @ 68.5E covers the whole Sub-sahara Africa. SABC transmit via this satellite(Intelsat 20 @ 68.5E). But SABC is receivable only in South Africa. It beats my imagination how this is so. Experts, educate me on this. I have been pondering over this matter for far too long.

You are confusing yourself,Its true that sabc is transmitting via that satellite but never on the same beam with our receivable beam here.check this link
http://flysat.com/is20-beam.php
SABC beam doesnt cover Africa.Its south Africa beam only.Its not like what we have for the rest of Africa/Europe.
Take your time and read that foot print /beam map.

Shalom
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 6:39am On Jul 14, 2013
kibukila:

SABC transmit on the Southern Africa beam on Intelsat 20 not the Africa beam as other channels that's is why can be received in Southern Africa only.But what is so special with these channels can anyone explain i can notice most gurus are eager to get them and I have never seen them.

SABC used to be one of the best satellite tv stations in Africa.If you ever watched e-tv from south Africa ,you will love SABC the more.

cheers

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 7:37am On Jul 14, 2013
Multi TV TV3 channel has been scrammbled. Is this going to be the begining of the end of their FTA service or it is accidental?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 8:00am On Jul 14, 2013
@ Kibukila & Obnelly, many thanks for your expert explanation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:03am On Jul 14, 2013
obnelly:

SABC used to be one of the best satellite tv stations in Africa.If you ever watched e-tv from south Africa ,you will love SABC the more.

cheers

Not forgetting the live UEFA matches on e.tv and other live matches on SABC 2. The days when we pulled these stations down on 60cm. (Nostalgic) SMH. embarassed

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 9:34am On Jul 14, 2013
@Obnelly
The days of the SABC(s) and the true eTV for South Africa were the days. They were just 3 channels but you never needed anything else cause you were always entertained.

My question these broadcasters is, why are all the best TV stations in Africa not coming together so they can broadcast over the continent? All people would have had to do is pay their yearly TV licenses so that each country keeps the revenue they obtain from their citizenry? Some people are not smart at all.

JUST IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES IF THIS WAS TO HAPPEN.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:44am On Jul 14, 2013
swordswifter: @Obnelly
The days of the SABC(s) and the true eTV for South Africa were the days. They were just 3 channels but you never needed anything else cause you were always entertained.

My question these broadcasters is, why are all the best TV stations in Africa not coming together so they can broadcast over the continent? All people would have had to do is pay their yearly TV licenses so that each country keeps the revenue they obtain from their citizenry? Some people are not smart at all.

JUST IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES IF THIS WAS TO HAPPEN.
Olenyi and Swordswifter i tire for dem ooooo.They just allow the foreigners to take away our money.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 9:56am On Jul 14, 2013
obnelly:
Olenyi and Swordswifter i tire for dem ooooo.They just allow the foreigners to take away our money.

@Obnelly,
I don't even know what kind of suites run their business models for them. Why milk a few whiles you can make it affordable and accessible for everyone whiles at the same time making your profit. I know guys from dstv will be reading this but we don't care. Personally i won't even subscribe for anything from them since they have cheated and milked Africans for far too long. If someone or a company is going to take advantage of this idea, i will only support it if it's by an African for Africa. Since 1998 or something till now they(DSTV) are still milking Africans. Why?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 10:16am On Jul 14, 2013
@Kibukila you have a mail! Reply me so that I can have your email address again. I accidentally deleted all my inbox msgs so I have lost your email address. Hope you are doing gr8 far away in East Africa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (2358) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)