Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,046 members, 7,903,395 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:15 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5533607 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (2354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
Smilelo:

so pls what is so special about this inverto ultra quad 0.2db or smart titanium 0.1db. thanks ur answer will help me a lot.
These are high gain lnb(s) designed for weak signal areas....with low noise figure..and high conversion gain_make it suitable for long cable runs..the lnb gain determines how much an in-coming signal is amplified before being sent off down to the coaxial cable and to receiver....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feranmi9(m): 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
Please where do I download software for Echosat Fuji smart 3D/HD please guru's..... Please sir........
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Smilelo(m): 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
feranmi 9: Please where do I download software for Echosat Fuji smart 3D/HD please guru's..... Please sir........

pls I don't undersand, this software for echosat fuji u are talking about for smart 3D/HD what does it do.let me know so as to help u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Smilelo(m): 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
odilibe: These are high gain lnb(s) designed for weak signal areas....with low noise figure..and high conversion gain_make it suitable for long cable runs..the lnb gain determines how much an in-coming signal is amplified before being sent off down to the coaxial cable and to receiver....

thanks very much it will help me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
faithchild: dats encouraging,dat mean may b irib could pop green on 90cm dish in ondo,i will give a try and inform d house of my findings,who knows wit dis their change fec could heip in bringing d bird to 90cm,in places like mine in soulth west state
Hopefuly u cud nail it cuz in ibadan here i got 51 pcnt on jsc wit 90cm but no irib, ondo state weather cud do magic it seem u move closed to sky a litu bit dan ibadan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Smilelo(m): 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
olofofo:

santec is available but it's been rebranded FOCUS email me if u need one N2500 or check Alaba!

pls I need ur email address I want to talk to u. or if u have a facebook id add me. my facebook ID is : D Boss Smile. my phone number is 08065834949. JUST FLASH I WILL CALL BACK. THANKS.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freddygaz(m): 12:23am On Sep 15, 2013
odilibe: These are high gain lnb(s) designed for weak signal areas....with low noise figure..and high conversion gain_make it suitable for long cable runs..the lnb gain determines how much an in-coming signal is amplified before being sent off down to the coaxial cable and to receiver....

Quite the reverse...an LNB receives the very low level microwave signal from the satellite, amplifies it, changes the signals to a lower frequency band and sends them down the cable to the indoor receiver.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goodieuzo: 1:22am On Sep 15, 2013
please help me.i factoryset my srt4922a,now it cant blind scan.always hang.what should i do?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 7:19am On Sep 15, 2013
Guys please my sirius 4 has been red since 2weeks now but the zuku package is green but those fta channel re not showing I need help guys.pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 7:34am On Sep 15, 2013
goodieuzo: please help me.i factoryset my srt4922a,now it cant blind scan.always hang.what should i do?
have you put it off and on again to see if it becomes normal? If you did and it still remains faulty, then try using strong loader to load a compatible software to revive it. This is a suggestion.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:14am On Sep 15, 2013
Freddygaz:

Quite the reverse...an LNB receives the very low level microwave signal from the satellite, amplifies it, changes the signals to a lower frequency band and sends them down the cable to the indoor receiver.
I was referring to lnb conversion gain dB signal amplification...and you are describing lnb; low noise-block down-converter or how it works

lnb receives microwave signal from the satellite collected by the dish,amplifies it..(it is the gain-dB of the lnb that will define how much the in-coming signal is amplified).... converts it to lower frequency then sends the signal to the receiver via coaxial cable....

looking at MTI lnb on pic below...it has a high conversion gain-dB of 70dB...where the specification is correct! this will define how much the in-coming signal will be amplified...

when specification is correct! .an lnb with 70dB gain should be performing better than an lnb with 55db gain and when used on a long cable run.....where low noise figure plays a part in picking weaker signals...

In the mean-time MTI AK54-XT2N with noise figure;0.2dB and 70dB gain..seems like a good competitor for black ultra quad noise figure; 0.2dB and gain of 60dB. grin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goodieuzo: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2013
goodieuzo: please help me.i factoryset my srt4922a,now it cant blind scan.always hang.what should i do?
help me please
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
odilibe: 2way splitters can work with two receivers! I have used it and it works even on two different frequencies !use a satellite splitter not uhf/vhf /cable splitters!

Can the splitter be used together with the diseqc switch in the multi lnb setup?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
goodieuzo:
help me please

Have you tried the solution given on this page?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
kibukila:

Can the splitter be used together with the diseqc switch in the multi lnb setup?
No chance undecided
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feranmi9(m): 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
Smilelo:

pls I don't undersand, this software for echosat fuji u are talking about for smart 3D/HD what does it do.let me know so as to help u.

thanks sir, it's used to watch aljazeera and hotbird channels but it went off and when I called the guy that we paid one year subscription money to he said that I need to upgrade the receiver and that's all... But ist possible for receiver to just stop working just because it need upgrade? Whereas other channels are still working? But only the dollar signs channels or encripted ones that are not working? Is possible?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abymoore(m): 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
Akinige: Tenkz my broda ,kindly show me the setup pics

ok

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
can somebody pls gimme the best tp to track ses-5 or sirius 4.8 pls.... hv seem so many conflicting one online
.....pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
feranmi 9: Please where do I download software for Echosat Fuji smart 3D/HD please guru's..... Please sir........

Check these links out. Could be of help.
http://www.echosatdigital.com/SW/Echosat/software_ar.php

http://www.satsupreme.com/showthread.php/243854-Echosat-FUJI-BOX-9100-Software-26-12-2012

http://www.google.com/m?q=fuji%20box%20receiver

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
@all

Came across these. Felt i should share to help some of us in our quest and innovations.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingchis(m): 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
Tried trackinq amos5 but culdnt get ait packaqes usinq dis tp-11008 v 30000. Plz any help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
Akinige: Hopefuly u cud nail it cuz in ibadan here i got 51 pcnt on jsc wit 90cm but no irib, ondo state weather cud do magic it seem u move closed to sky a litu bit dan ibadan
did u use d di-eletric plate,it yes did push it in well enough,,may b u should try and increase d signal of jsc,let me have d tp for jsc dat u used
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freddygaz(m): 10:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
odilibe: I was referring to lnb conversion gain dB signal amplification...and you are describing lnb; low noise-block down-converter or how it works

lnb receives microwave signal from the satellite collected by the dish,amplifies it..(it is the gain-dB of the lnb that will define how much the in-coming signal is amplified).... converts it to lower frequency then sends the signal to the receiver via coaxial cable....

looking at MTI lnb on pic below...it has a high conversion gain-dB of 70dB...where the specification is correct! this will define how much the in-coming signal will be amplified...

when specification is correct! .an lnb with 70dB gain should be performing better than an lnb with 55db gain and when used on a long cable run.....where low noise figure plays a part in picking weaker signals...

In the mean-time MTI AK54-XT2N with noise figure;0.2dB and 70dB gain..seems like a good competitor for black ultra quad noise figure; 0.2dB and gain of 60dB. grin

Hehe we stil singing the same tune!best way I knw to hav a gud lnb is to go on field n do a nyc thorough test on each of d lnbs!kudos bro!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 11:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
faithchild: did u use d di-eletric plate,it yes did push it in well enough,,may b u should try and increase d signal of jsc,let me have d tp for jsc dat u used
Tenkz my broda i inserted d plate even one guy told me to double d electric plate by used glue so dat it can boost d signal but it remain 51 pcnt on jsc 3886v 27497 ,any useful idea 4me?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 11:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
Plz my mbc n setanta on 36dg east has gone red since ! Is it evrwia?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Smilelo(m): 11:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
odilibe: I was referring to lnb conversion gain dB signal amplification...and you are describing lnb; low noise-block down-converter or how it works

CAN THIS LNB YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GET A HD CHANNELS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 11:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
Akinige: Tenkz my broda i inserted d plate even one guy told me to double d electric plate by used glue so dat it can boost d signal but it remain 51 pcnt on jsc 3886v 27497 ,any useful idea 4me?
try and tweek d lnb to 11 oclock wat is d name of d lnb used,tweek to 11oclock and c wat happens,keep me inform pls.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 2:02am On Sep 16, 2013
faithchild: try and tweek d lnb to 11 oclock wat is d name of d lnb used,tweek to 11oclock and c wat happens,keep me inform pls.
i used strong c band lnbf i wil do as u zd tomao, are u tryin to say i cud get irib wit my 1mtr dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abdulo4real: 6:46am On Sep 16, 2013
Akinige: Plz my mbc n setanta on 36dg east has gone red since ! Is it evrwia?
yea is evrwia but it is bak now.grin

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:25am On Sep 16, 2013
Freddygaz:
Hehe we stil singing the same tune!best way I knw to hav a gud lnb is to go on field n do a nyc thorough test on each of d lnbs!kudos bro!
you are right bro, ...i have to upload a test result from another uk forum on fringe lnb(s)....while the remaining evidence is to confirm this test results...hehehe grin

www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/best-lnb-for-the-fringe-satellite-reception.156245/

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:33am On Sep 16, 2013
Smilelo:

CAN THIS LNB YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GET A HD CHANNELS
hd lnb does't exist,any lnb can receive hd channels....the on thing the lnb picks up is the frequency...not even digital or analogue broadcast. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Smilelo(m): 7:40am On Sep 16, 2013
odilibe: you are right bro, ...i have to upload a test result from another uk forum on fringe lnb(s)....while the remaining evidence is to confirm this test results...hehehe grin

www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/best-lnb-for-the-fringe-satellite-reception.156245/

IF U ARE TO PICK WHICH ONE IS THE BEST. AMONG ALL. I MEAN THE BEST

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (2354) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: avsadeeq0(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.