Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,250 members, 7,910,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:31 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (578) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5541036 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (2355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy200: 11:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
You will see connected when you start the decoder. But on mine I prefer to create internet settings especially for glo network.
Goto IP settings and use the following setting depending on network

Glo:
apn=gloflat
user/pass=flat

Airtel including bb plan
Apn: internet.ng.airtel.com

Etisalat
Apn: Etisalat

Mtn
Apn: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

After you input these settings, restart your decoder and you will see on the screen "connected 3g modem"
my bro nothing happened i use airtel modem and sim with 3g settings pls explain more software version of my reciever is 157p thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
Easy200: my bro nothing happened i use airtel modem and sim with 3g settings pls explain more software version of my reciever is 157p thanks
are you using airtel Bb plan
Goto settings and ip settings, select 3g modem
Then go to Apn and edit it to internet.ng.airtel.com
Then restart decoder.
Watch for message 3g modem connected.
If you still have problem, add me through my profile.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy200: 12:21am On Aug 20, 2014
Between Strong 4922a and the latest series 4950, H and M which is the best
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy200: 12:23am On Aug 20, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
are you using airtel Bb plan
Goto settings and ip settings, select 3g modem
Then go to Apn and edit it to internet.ng.airtel.com
Then restart decoder.
Watch for message 3g modem connected.
If you still have problem, add me through my profile.
Is it on the modem or receiver
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freddygaz(m): 7:33am On Aug 20, 2014
odilibe: yeah I am OK mehn...
looks like your are close to the beam those yahsat transponders looks very terrible for fringe reception..
You are right....am getting a maximum of 63% quality on a good day on 4922 it also drops to 60%

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obynocute(m): 8:29am On Aug 20, 2014
I have a dish I used in trackn MBC3 @ W3A, some time ago, cn I also use d dish in trackn irib in umuahia nd calabar? Pls gurus help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 20, 2014
Easy200: Is it on the modem or receiver
Have you solved your problem?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by flashyberry: 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
Emmaachile which decoder are u using @ pix
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
flashyberry: Emmaachile which decoder are u using @ pix
Mini x4
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
Gurus i greet.Pls i want to ask if the Eriteria tv2 in Nilesat 7 degree west is the one that televises Epl, laliga and bundesliga in English commentary? I need an answer pls. House,thanks in advance.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oluwafemiii: 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
hello house. pls how much does a c band dual output lnb cost and which manufacturer do you suggest. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by drandonzero(m): 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
eerekake: Gurus i greet.Pls i want to ask if the Eriteria tv2 in Nilesat 7 degree west is the one that televises Epl, laliga and bundesliga in English commentary? I need an answer pls. House,thanks in advance.
No, the Etv3 on nilesat is from Ethiopia. Eriteria tv2 is on arabsat at 30.5e with poorest signals unless if u a from eriteria.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
[quote
author=drandonzero]No, the Etv3 on nilesat is from Ethiopia. Eriteria
tv2 is on arabsat at 30.5e with poorest signals unless if u are from
eriteria.[/quote]

I've tracked irib varzesh with quality at 76% with 3m mesh dish if i use dual lnb i.e c-band and ku-band.Can't i get Eriteria tv2?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tonididdy(m): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
hi house

pls I need briefing on this:

MFM(mountain of fire minstries) tv on 46degrees east (CBAND)

a) positioning using any popular sat as a preference
b) dish size needed
c) tps please

urgent.....pls house
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
Dlee1: Nice post EMMAACHILE.

I think it will be difficult to nail nilesat with 1.8 prime focus dish in Anambra State.
Try it and you might be surprise.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by coderXO(m): 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
ABEG please someone help me with the skew of the C-band lnb to track Arabsat 20...looking for IRIB 3.

Update....

Scratch that yo!!!!!

I got it!!!

Nothing feels quite as sweet as tracking a bird for the first time....for a newbie like myself.

This is my first stab at a C-Band signal. Altogether took me about 30mins to get it...

....quite thrilling when you see that signal go GREEN!

VIVA FTA.

Thanks to all yous out there who put up valuable bits of information on these FTA threads.

God bless you all.

IRIB3 here I come!!!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oluwafemiii: 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
hello house. pls does anyone know where I can get supermaxx dual output c band lnb in Ibadan. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
tonididdy: hi house
pls I need briefing on this:
MFM(mountain of fire minstries) tv on 46degrees east (CBAND)
a) positioning using any popular sat as a preference
b) dish size needed
c) tps please
urgent.....pls house
Why not track Intelsat 20 @ 68.5east KU band for MFM frequency / symbol rate; 12602V26657 and more Christian TV CH..

or Telstar 11N @ 37.5west 10965 V 3300
Dish size 60 to 90cm dish!

Africasat 1a at 46east has too Christian channels! on lyngsat/flysat

http://www.lyngsat.com/AzerSpace-1-Africasat-1a.html
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
I tried all I could to track MBC on badr 4 with 1.8 meters in Benin city but no way. All I could I get was MBC HD @ Badr 6 and Algeria MUX @74%. where do I get Technosat T876 or any other receiver to view these channels?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tonididdy(m): 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
odilibe: Why not track Intelsat 20 @ 68.5east KU band for MFM frequency / symbol rate; 12602V26657 and more Christian TV CH..

or Telstar 11N @ 37.5west 10965 V 3300
Dish size 60 to 90cm dish!

Africasat 1a at 46east has too Christian channels! on lyngsat/flysat

http://www.lyngsat.com/AzerSpace-1-Africasat-1a.html
kk ty
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala123: 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
Talenty: I tried all I could to track MBC on badr 4 with 1.8 meters in Benin city but no way. All I could I get was MBC HD @ Badr 6 and Algeria MUX @74%. where do I get Technosat T876 or any other receiver to view these channels?
If u'v got n e 1 in dubai, kata, cairo n any oda mena country let him get a box activate & send it to u. jest an idea.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam0: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
oluwafemiii: hello house. pls does anyone know where I can get supermaxx dual output c band lnb in Ibadan. thanks
if it's ku + c band lnb is @ ogunpa oke padre ibadan @ d rate of #2000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
iykmora: you can use either to track...if you find it hard tracking wt d 4922A, you might try upgrading the s/w. By the way, what dish size are u utilizing?
. I have a 1.8m dish and a strong cband lnb.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 2:23am On Aug 21, 2014
House,can i nail Eriteria tv2 with 3m mesh dish in south-south Nigeria?Help, pls.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oluwafemiii: 5:50am On Aug 21, 2014
@lamtamo thanks. I actually need a dual output c band. hope I can get it there. I want to send someone to get it. I'm actually in saki
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yonderguy(m): 8:42am On Aug 21, 2014
odilibe: @Mr yonderguy....if this frequency you post exist on eutelsat at 7.3west as Mbc channel frequency .it will interfere with AD frequency on nilesat 201 which is 12092 V 27500...
[quote author=Talenty]There is no MBC on this frequency. I have pro sports on 1.2 meters but since MBC movies disappeared, the dish cannot get nilesat signals. Even 1.8m cannot track Nilesat or badr4 in south south Nige Yes guys you may know more about the theories far better than I do but my post is not an article from a comic book. Here's the prove or fact taken this morning. Food for thought, because you can't have something or don't have something doesn't mean that those who say they have are liars.
Pictures coming........
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 8:49am On Aug 21, 2014
Please does anybody knw how much a CTL (trend tv) decoder cost in benin City?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ekonibaje(m): 9:12am On Aug 21, 2014
Pls any idea 2 view cnn on cband..dey av moved frm position on 20w..ls der new transpoder..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 9:40am On Aug 21, 2014
tonididdy: luckily I still have it
Please can I use 1 metre dish to track this IRIB in Kaduna? If yes, which direction will it face and how do I arrange d c-band lnb with its dielectric plate?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:56am On Aug 21, 2014
ekonibaje: Pls any idea 2 view cnn on cband..dey av moved frm position on 20w..ls der new transpoder..
Now CNN has one HD channel on ses4-22west C-BAnd....happy tracking.
parameter:4097R23500
http://www.lyngsat.com/SES-4.html
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by coderXO(m): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2014
alright...my celebration was a bit premature. irib3 aint popping up but I can get aljazeera at 74% on 4056Hv247999.

those of you guys that have irib3 what is your skew while standing in front of the dish?

i am using a 6-petal 1.35 dish on a 4922 decoder.

when i am on 3.964v30000, i can sometimes see it go green momentarily but it only stays for a second and goes back red

any tips you can give me...

help!

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (2355) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.