Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,611 members, 7,951,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:02 PM

Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu (848 Views)

Doctor Divorces His Beauty Queen Wife After Discovering She's A Secret Call Girl / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / 'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu by Discovery4today: 6:03pm On May 13, 2022
https://naijalatesttrend.com/2022/05/13/igbo-man-dissolves-his-marriage-after-discovering-his-new-wife-is-osuoutcast/

According to Wikipedia on the OSU SYSTEM
"The Osu caste system is a traditional practice in Igboland that discourages social interaction and marriage with a group of persons called Osu. Osus are dedicated to the deities of Igboland; they are considered as inferior beings and are usually separated from the Nwadiala or diala". However, this practice have been abolished by a group of traditional rulers in the South East, The practice has yet remained in the minds and hearts of so many igbos. A lady revealed below how her cousin dissolved his marriage on discovering that his wife of one month is OSU.
"So my cousin just called me from Abuja telling me his newly married wife just left. A woman he's dated for 5 years and they recently tied the knot over there.

Apparently he found out she's an outcast (osu). Man didn't ask questions, just went straight and got married. I asked him why he never asked when they were dating, he said he didn't think she would be one.

Now a one month wedding has been dissolved just like that.

See ehn asking your partner some questions before marriage is very important o.

Lol. A full breed marrying an outcast has consequences, it's not about new generation or old generation. It is what it is.

No matter how we package it. Even though it's been nullified, it'll be very difficult to let go. I didn't make the rules, so don't come here to INSULT me."
Click on the link below to read more
https://naijalatesttrend.com/2022/05/13/igbo-man-dissolves-his-marriage-after-discovering-his-new-wife-is-osuoutcast/

Re: Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu by MoneyGoDrop: 6:37pm On May 13, 2022
I highly doubt this. If they did a traditional wedding,then know that it's a lie.
Re: Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu by Mindlog: 6:50pm On May 13, 2022
"Full breed" and "outcast" indeed!

My cousin has been married for 13 years to a man who has been classed as Osu, my family had no issue with that till this day. Their marriage is blossoming and their kids doing well, when they come for our family events, no discrimination.

No ancestor would put pressure on me to do what I know my being, abhors.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu by habsydiamond(m): 7:03pm On May 13, 2022
Every tribe with their own beliefs.. All these things ought to be abolished long time ago..

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:07pm On May 13, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:
I highly doubt this. If they did a traditional wedding,then know that it's a lie.
..... The story na lie.No Igbo family finalizes all the necessary marriage rights without first making an enquiry concerning some certain things and culture differences.

So telling me he found out after 4 months is a big lie.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 13, 2022
The "what are you wearing" kind of relationship obviously.
Re: Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu by SyrusdeHansome(m): 7:37pm On May 13, 2022
Backward pple
Re: Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu by emmanuelbrown26: 11:12pm On May 13, 2022
Op na confirm lie u dey lie. Either d marriage took place in one of d western States or northern States in collaboration with hired attendees (I believe in humanity than culture or so called religion).
In Igboland I know too very well, there are steps one has to take before a bride price would be paid and one of d steps is doing background check on d spouse (work of d field officer of d village)
Op forget. I know a bit of Hausa culture, Yoruba culture and full if o culture as d son of d soil of Igbo land
Re: Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu by Richy4(m): 11:39pm On May 13, 2022
If this truely happened, then it's really sad... I know that lgbo people are really good with background check because of this their OSU stuff...

In the early 2000, I accompanied some friends to marry an Igbo girl... One of the elder started with... My brothers, we want to formally ask u.. there's this food we don't eat within our kindred.. we just want to know if you people do eat the food.. if u do, please let us know....He sat down... I was totally waiting for him to mention the food cheesy

One of the men that came with us answered him by saying... We know that food and we want to assure you that we don't eat it as well... Hmmm!!! It was like a movie though I was young and in University, wetin I sabi?

As we were going home I asked them.. what is this food that u people don't eat that has no name... That was when they told me that they were asking if my friend's family were Osu? That they don't intermarry... I was speechless.. The discrimination was done in a 'coded manner'..

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:10am On May 14, 2022
What's osu in the first place pls
Re: Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu by meobizy(f): 12:16pm On May 14, 2022
Like Indians they will claim the caste system doesn’t exist yet practice it without a care.
Re: Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:12pm On May 14, 2022
WHICH OSU? OSUALA OR NWAOSU?
Re: Igbo Man Dissolves His Marriage After Discovering That His One Month Wife Is Osu by Savagr(m): 10:15pm On May 14, 2022
Osu was abolished long ago

(1) (Reply)

Wife Sells Husband House For 10 Million Naria / Thinking Out Loud / This Is Killing Me I Am Dying I Need Advice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.