Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,475 members, 7,968,319 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 02:11 AM

Saint Holy Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saint Holy Christians (107 Views)

Saint Dikeji Miyerijesu Receives Lexus Jeep As Birthday Gift From Church Members / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong / Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Saint Holy Christians by Roland1091(m): 9:19pm On May 14, 2022
(5 mins read)

I wanted to make a post today about the book of
revelation …but some of the comments on the post I made yesterday by “enthusiastic Christians” on How the impulses that made adherents of islam stone a girl to death and burn her corpse are the same impulses that Christians have when they make statements like
“you cannot try that with Islam” diverted my interest to make this post instead.

Their arguments were basically …. “Christians would never do something like that” , “it’s a non sequitur, how would you equivocate someone who acts on their impulses and someone who don’t?” At first glance, this argument seems reasonable.

Christians today do not stone people to death for questioning their beliefs (ignoring the facts that that’s not even entirely true) … but then again , neither do Buddhist , or Hindus , or Taoist or Jews. Trust me, each of this religion have individuals who publicly criticize them as
false... so a Christian cannot say “but but but they don’t criticize them like us”.

Now when a Christian says “Christians cannot do that” in this context, they are oblivious to the reason why. And the number one reason is because they CANT. They don’t hold that political power anymore.

I have on numerous occasions been verbally attacked by Christians on social media and in person for criticizing and questioning the credibility of their beliefs… Christians have wished I died and suffered… they have wished evil befell me so I can know their god… this I have experienced on numerous occasions
even among some pastors. Because I questioned.

The mind that that kind of wish could come out from is a mind that could murder me if they could and had the luxury.

We fail to realize with the story yesterday that the only reason those boys could act on their impulses and murder that poor girl was because Islam has political power in those parts... The government there is almost theocratic in nature... why else would they have sharia laws?. And the boys believed they would walk away with their actions as a result.

When Christianity had such political power starting from the time when the Roman emperor Constantine made Christianity legal in the begining of the fourth century and when emperor theodosus the first at the end of the same century made Christianity the official
religion of the Roman Empire... The largest empire in the world at that time... they did much much worse than what we see by Muslim fundamentalists today and for a much longer time... we are talking as much as 1500 years.

Christianity was brutal because they had that political power... the same most Muslim cultures today have. You dare not say anything against the church... even scientists and philosophers with ideas and facts that contradicts Christianity ended up at the wrong end of christian love.
Stoning people and burning people at the stake was a very very common sight. It takes me to the story of the pagan female philosopher Hypatia who was dragged to the church by Christians, stripped naked, beaten to death and burnt… why? Because she was a pagan and held philosophical ideas that went against the church… and this was just a few years after
Christianity became the official state religion.Examples such as this are in abundance all through Christian history.

So, when I see Christians trying to play the game of innocence today I laugh… any non Christian or even Christian who have ever questioned the Bible would at some point been cursed by an enraged Christian to suffer and die… so they can see god.

The only reason why these Christians have not lynched you as they have all through history is because they don’t have that political power anymore to run free if they did… but that impulse still remain.

One would then wonder what is it about religion that make adherents have knee jerk reactions towards people who criticize or question it.

Nothing is above criticism and question... no idea or belief... either political , social or religious is above questioning.

Science thrives on the tool of criticism and questioning... that is why we have the breakthroughs we’ve had in different scientific fields.

Only false beliefs that cannot be objectively
substantiated would breed fanatics ready to allow evil befall you and even act to make it so for questioning it.

Saint holy Christians should stop acting like they
deserve a Medal of Honor for not having the luxury to stone people to death like their Muslim counterparts.

(1) (Reply)

The Essence Of A Ministry / Dear Religious Extremist / Just Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.