Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,886 members, 7,883,110 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

Enugu: IMT Students Speak On Their Tuition, Compulsory Accomodation Fees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Enugu: IMT Students Speak On Their Tuition, Compulsory Accomodation Fees (9486 Views)

IMT Student Pays School Fees Only To Find Out Department Doesn't Exist. Photos / IMT Student And His "Customised Vehicle" Storm School In Enugu. Photos / Gov. Ugwuanyi Offers Scholarship To 340 More IMT Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu: IMT Students Speak On Their Tuition, Compulsory Accomodation Fees by Cmanforall: 2:13pm On May 15, 2022
mu2sa2:
Pray, the money is used for intended purpose. You see, there's a state university that kept clamouring for increase in subvention. The governor then asked to look at the university's financial books - to his surprise, the Vice chancellor alone had claimed N200m on foreign trips! The governor dismiss them and refused their request.
That's corruption!
Re: Enugu: IMT Students Speak On Their Tuition, Compulsory Accomodation Fees by Great0ne1: 2:52pm On May 15, 2022
Cmanforall:

The insulting tendency of these younger generation is alarming. Is it that you can't make your point without being rude?

Now you said to increase quality of education before increasing the fees. This means you support fees increment but improved education quality should take the lead.
My question for you (based on your opinion) is how do you increase the quality of education without funds?
And how do you define 'quality education'?

I witnessed so many strikes during my university days. Some of the demands of the lecturers , was centered on improving infrastructure of our universities. Unfortunately, when the money is given to them, we did not see any infrastructure improvement, even after i finished school and visited. Infact, last time I visited, i saw more dilapidated structures. Students where still using the same course outline, i used about tens years ago. Everything was the same. My nephew was admitted into my department. Is all about creating avenue to exploit and loot the students. They do not nurse any desire whatsoever , to improve the standard of education in our tertiary institution.
Re: Enugu: IMT Students Speak On Their Tuition, Compulsory Accomodation Fees by Lukenitheooo6(m): 3:32pm On May 15, 2022
Chival9:
It's like you studied mass communication there? Great ASMACS

I studied Mass Communication but not at IMT but in Enugu State University of Science and Technology Esut
Re: Enugu: IMT Students Speak On Their Tuition, Compulsory Accomodation Fees by Bbbw: 4:53pm On May 15, 2022
Oh
Re: Enugu: IMT Students Speak On Their Tuition, Compulsory Accomodation Fees by Cmanforall: 5:07pm On May 15, 2022
Great0ne1:

I witnessed so many strikes during my university days. Some of the demands of the lecturers , was centered on improving infrastructure of our universities. Unfortunately, when the money is given to them, we did not see any infrastructure improvement, even after i finished school and visited. Infact, last time I visited, i saw more dilapidated structures. Students where still using the same course outline, i used about tens years ago. Everything was the same. My nephew was admitted into my department. Is all about creating avenue to exploit and loot the students. They do not nurse any desire whatsoever , to improve the standard of education in our tertiary institution.
In summary the educational system in Nigeria is corrupt and should be sanitised.
I have learnt from people that petroleum development trust funds and other funds such as those from NDDC and TETFUND are made available for university authorities to use for both infrastructural and academic development. A regulatory body should ideally monitor these funds to ensure they are utilised for its main objectives.
Otherwise, vice chancellor would even loot more than the governor's and other corrupt politicians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dialogue Or Arm Twisting Approach. The Case Of Ssanu, Nasu & Naat Strike / 2009/2010 Nubapoly Zaria Admission Is Out / First Day Of College: What To Expect, Do and Bring

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.