Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,922 members, 7,872,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

My Toyota Corolla Vandalized - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Corolla Vandalized (50916 Views)

My Car Was Vandalized And Robbed / My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:56pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:
So, someone can't drive Corolla with peace of mind?

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by adubam(m): 9:01pm On May 16, 2022
MichaelSokoto:

wind down nibo?

Guy, dem car butchers go help u open d bonnet, move dat 1.8 engine comot sharp-sharp!

Engine wey pesin fit drop wit one hand within 5mins?
I nor play ruff play reach dat level oo!

grin

Haha
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by godofuck231: 9:07pm On May 16, 2022
membranus:

Fingerprint matching? Where do you think you are, US.

No dey work here.
no let nigerian police mean you o, yhats why people say boko haram sponsors are in government because they can get faceless criminals but can't arrest known sponsors
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Oloripelebe: 9:12pm On May 16, 2022
That blainbox dey with flatinoooos for ladipo market....na dia work to vandalise corolla grin
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Cmanforall: 9:12pm On May 16, 2022
Gabbriell:

Sadly it is. If you know much about Internet you will know that exporting and importing electronical or mechanical devices (b/w countries) has lots of protocol.

I have had an issue with BMW part b4. I will never wish that problem on my enemy.

Toyota and Honda are well built than other vehicles and the parts are easily available.

If I get a new mecedes in the future, it will just be for fashion not my daily driver.

The reason theif avoid them is not because they are secure. It is because they won't see people to buy the parts unlike Toyota and Honda.
I understand the protocols when it comes to importing goods. For the protocols when you order parts online, the challenge is the custom duty you will need to pay making the parts even more expensive at the end.
But if you have friends or business associates abroad, you can order to their addresses and they can forward to you from guys that export containers to Nigeria
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Penboy: 9:16pm On May 16, 2022
Emmy000seun:
so sorry for your loose bro, because I was in such situation before.(I change to Camry 04, still has his own fault too)the best advise is for you to switch to other brand of car aside Corolla..if you can get the senior of the Corolla from 2009 upward, they don't have vandalization history, or Camry any year of your choice, or Honda civic, Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio..those aforementioned cars will always give you what you want and rest of mind.. shocked coolmy view tho!!!

What's the fault of the 04 boss?
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Cmanforall: 9:18pm On May 16, 2022
Gabbriell:

Sadly it is. If you know much about Internet you will know that exporting and importing electronical or mechanical devices (b/w countries) has lots of protocol.

I have had an issue with BMW part b4. I will never wish that problem on my enemy.

Toyota and Honda are well built than other vehicles and the parts are easily available.

If I get a new mecedes in the future, it will just be for fashion not my daily driver.

The reason theif avoid them is not because they are secure. It is because they won't see people to buy the parts unlike Toyota and Honda.
I understand the protocols when it comes to importing goods. For the protocols when you order parts online, is the challenge the custom duty you will need to pay? making the parts even more expensive at the end?
Anyways, if you have friends or business associates abroad, you can order to their addresses and they can forward to you from guys that export containers to Nigeria
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by armyofone(m): 9:24pm On May 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Now this is a naive oyibo answer grin

. These guys can come with guns to vandalize corollas

Ogbologbo can't always beat the system! Have you tried it yet ? See how it works and invent something better ? The great alarm going off with bright light flickers can't send the great Nigerian auto thief running away?

grin
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Rinoxy: 9:26pm On May 16, 2022
Cmanforall:

Ok. For Sedan,
Honda Civic
Hyundai Elantra
Volkswagen passat
Volkswagen Golf
Fiat (cheap and fuel efficient, but don't know availability of its parts in Nigeria, however if any part is needed, it can always be made available)
Mazda
I thought Kia Rio is also a very affordable car.
I'm actually thinking of selling off my Honda Academy, add money and get another car.
Ur professional advice pls.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by 3kay945(m): 9:37pm On May 16, 2022
Well, if you open by vehicle door like this, my alarm will shout so loud o. cool
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by miraclea: 10:09pm On May 16, 2022
mine was vandalized same way last year before I could get a match of the brain box it wasn't easy , fixing those things I spend about 100k ,I have to sell the car bought Subaru outback before I moved to my house now I can pack outside nobody cares , corolla stress fit kill you travel na problem you pack anyhow you may loose the car , corolla is overrated buy other car jare
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by tmoneyu: 10:33pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:

I sincerely hope so.
I am now planning to quit Corolla
Are u planning of selling it
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by JSayin(f): 10:46pm On May 16, 2022
Thanks.

I'm quite surprised Kia Rio made the list. Can you tell why...? And which Rio i.e. year?

buygala:

2010 Honda Civic

Kia Rio

Hyundai Elantra

Or a clean toks Volkswagen Golf 3.. Not Golf 4.. GOLF 3

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Robertjones442: 11:02pm On May 16, 2022
Happened to me once around kirikiri...nafdac office to be precise.....you will replace amd next time, pls park where there is security
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 11:05pm On May 16, 2022
Perfectnumber6:
Can i ask @,Op where did you pack your car all night ?
I normally park on the road side since 2020
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Perfectnumber6(m): 11:14pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:

I normally park on the road side since 2020

No. Na bro atleast you should have known that people have been observing you... At least if you own another car and you want to park outside let it be in a filling station give aboki Watch night. 100-300 naira your car is safe until the next morning.. Sorry for Your loss just sell off this car they vandalized my candid advice.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 11:14pm On May 16, 2022
tmoneyu:

Are u planning of selling it
Yes, but after replacing those parts. I replaced the brain box today. Others will be replaced within the week.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 11:16pm On May 16, 2022
Perfectnumber6:

No. Na bro atleast you should have known that people have been observing you... At least if you own another car and you want to park outside let it be in a filling station give aboki Watch night. 100-300 naira your car is safe until the next morning.. Sorry for Your loss just sell off this car they vandalized my candid advice.
I want to buy 2008 Honda Accord, hope it's a safe car. Also, is it a good buy
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 11:32pm On May 16, 2022
Toktee:
I swear to my balls your mechanic have hand in this operation... the operation look much like it was done by someone with mechanical experience.

Is not easy to take out brain box just like that, also look the way the control on the driver side is removed.

Something like this happened to later I discover it's my mechanic that did it... I almost roast the ediot.. He replaced everything with Abeg you.
I am suspecting the mechanic that damaged my car engine. He was totally against the idea of involving police. Even the way he talks was suspicious. He promised to get the parts at cheaper price.
How did you find out that it was your mechanic that stole parts of your car
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Perfectnumber6(m): 11:34pm On May 16, 2022
gevans:

I want to buy 2008 Honda Accord, hope it's a safe car. Also, is it a good buy

Yes it is but depends if you are buying tokunbo or Nigerian used.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 11:47pm On May 16, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Just be thanking God, you are very lucky. When they did this to me, they removed all four roller from doors, removed my battery, removed my brain box, removed my 2side mirrors, removed my back lights, stole two shoes from my booth(my car is like my house, that's where I keep my shoes and lots of other things)

I spent 210k replacing the parts stolen from the car. Them no tell me before I relocate within 2weeks out of that area

I have contacted an agent to search for good apartment for me, though my rent expires November 2022
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 11:49pm On May 16, 2022
Perfectnumber6:

Yes it is but depends if you are buying tokunbo or Nigerian used.
I am considering Tokunbo, however, if I see a good Nigerian use (less than a year) I won't mind
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Emmy000seun(m): 12:06am On May 17, 2022
Its overheating..but it has a permanent solution only if your take precautions before harm..I bought my Tokunbo like 3 months ago when I sold that wahala Corolla grin..but I don't take full precautions and it cost me a lot..
Penboy:

What's the fault of the 04 boss?
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 12:08am On May 17, 2022
BigTableShaker:

At first, I never want to say anything but the moment you mentioned Honda Accord!!!

Accord is a super car compared to that overrated toy cum Corolla.

Toyota Corolla sad-boys won't like my comment tho
I gonna buy Honda Accord 2008 upward. I won't mind it's ball joint issues. I will buy and stock enough ball joints
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 12:16am On May 17, 2022
slimmoney:
2006 - 2011 civic engine no pass 150k, and u fit pack am for lagos go sambisa still come back lagos, u go meet am exactly where u park am, so dear OP do u wonna switch or u wonna stick to d vandals magnet?
I am switching after complete replacement of the stolen parts, I replaced brain box today at 51k. Others will be replaced within the week.

Funny enough, there are five cars parked adjacent to my car. Only my car was vandalized.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by springLogistics: 2:44am On May 17, 2022
fineboynl:
Look very well. They broke the last small glass at the side from there they gain access into the car. From that hole they open the back door and the rest was history.

I was surprised you didn't mention battery and radio. It looks like they didn't remove your battery and radio.

The theif is in the same street with you and probably an electrician.

Every night from 1am to 2am. They go about the street looking for car to vandalized. Especially cars that are pack in the dark.

Look like the person don't want load because he would have remove your 4 rims and battery.

They had less time! They will come back.

Before they do, pls sale this car for your peace of mind.

I had this similar experience. Sadly, I had just returned from hospital with wiffy around 2am.

Before 4pm, the same car was something else.

Far more worst is the fact that the brain box later installed did not matched the car, it was from one problem to the other.

One day, from the mechanic I took the car straight to road side car sellers. Collected what they can raise, put it my pocket and went home happily.

End of this type of corolla. Na so I take go to Honda brand that I detest for long o!

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Saintmary(f): 2:47am On May 17, 2022
gevans:
I don't know why some Nigerians are so heartless. I went to execute some Projects yesterday after first service. I got home past 10 (pm), I went to my car this morning to pick some document from the boot. When I was leaving, I pressed the lock key from the remote, it didn't lock. When I checked properly, I found out that brain box, the driver side glass button and passenger button were all stolen.

I am so pained, this is happening after spending over 500k to fix and replace the engine.

Pls what should I do now, I need to make a critical decision on this Corolla of a thing. I really needs your advice.

Thanks

Park your car as near to your apartment as possible.

Install an alarm system that will alert you once it gets touched, and activate it every night.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by JBoss25(m): 3:03am On May 17, 2022
initstime:
See below , Maitama Abuja. Opposite a Zenith bank security house at Zenith Bank littered area ...at about 7.30pm, Daughter school bag , PC,storage devices stolen

Haba now! U guys should stop keeping laptops inside ur cars, sorry for the loss.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by whirlwind7(m): 4:34am On May 17, 2022
buygala:

No you can't.. Sadly

Sell that car asap and retrieve your peace of mind.. As it stands, all Corolla Drivers, especially this model, are within the gunsights of all armed robbers, petty thieves, car jackers, vandals and assassins across Nigeria..

Next time e fit be you dem go vandalize because of that silly vehicle sad.. Better make hay while the sun shines

Safety first.. That silly fuel economy and durability Corolla mantra can take the back seat...

Na who dey alive and safe and who dem no vandalize him moto dey enjoy fuel economy

cheesy grin grin
Man, i enjoyed reading your response.
This is the sad truth in Nigeria, especially Lagos.
I'm even more worried now, because my inlaw just got a 2009 Corolla. Told him I wouldn't drive a Corolla because it is a magnet for thieves and robbers.
He decided to buy a manual transmission, though. He said that manual is less attractive to thieves. Don't know how true that is.

I prefer to use Volvo S60. Same fuel economy and low maintenance cost.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:01am On May 17, 2022
gevans:

I gonna buy Honda Accord 2008 upward. I won't mind it's ball joint issues. I will buy and stock enough ball joints

Honda accord of 2007 and upwards don't have ball joint problems.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by Perfectnumber6(m): 6:25am On May 17, 2022
gevans:
I am considering Tokunbo, however, if I see a good Nigerian use (less than a year) I won't mind

No don't get Nigerian used ... Go for Direct Tokunbo better
Re: My Toyota Corolla Vandalized by gevans(m): 6:38am On May 17, 2022
springLogistics:

They had less time! They will come back.

Before they do, pls sale this car for your peace of mind.

I had this similar experience. Sadly, I had just returned from hospital with wiffy around 2am.

Before 4pm, the same car was something else.

Far more worst is the fact that the brain box later installed did not matched the car, it was from one problem to the other.

One day, from the mechanic I took the car straight to road side car sellers. Collected what they can raise, put it my pocket and went home happily.

End of this type of corolla. Na so I take go to Honda brand that I detest for long o!

I don't like Honda before, but everything has changed now. I hope 2008 Accord will not be like Corolla soon?

Someone wanna sell 2009Volvo S60 Toks to me @2.3m.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Young Man Thrills Ladies With His “Customised Vehicle” In Enugu. Photos / Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market / More Units Of Mercedes-benz Sprinter Arrive Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.