Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:44 AM

What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? (2688 Views)

Wedding Fundraisers Are Becoming A Trend In Nigeria And It's Absurd. / Small, Physically Challenged Man Marries Pretty Lady. White Wedding Pics Trend / Bride In Wedding Gown Changed Her Mind On Her Way To Her Wedding (photos $video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by pocohantas(f): 9:30am On May 16, 2022
Recently I saw some Nigerian mothers lamenting on the new trend in wedding invitations. One said she stormed a wedding with her two kids and was turned back. It was strange to me, I have never seen such a Nigerian wedding that didn't want kids at the venue. Surprisingly a few others confirmed it.

One said the couples probably do not want to have kids. Trash. undecided

Some other supported it. She said some mothers would come with 5 kids and occupy chairs while adults stand. By the way, she has no memory of us following our mothers for weddings. We sit at home and they bring takeaway packs for us.

What do you think of this trend?

Should kids be allowed at Nigerian Weddings?

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by pocohantas(f): 9:31am On May 16, 2022
With the type of clothes young girls wear to weddings these days sef, I think kids should stay at home.

If they don’t sew clothe with net for breast, would they die? grin

Or the indecent displays at receptions.

10 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by GloriousGbola: 9:36am On May 16, 2022
it is the nonsense you young-ins are doing with trainers and baseball caps that gets me

wearing trainers/baseball caps with on suit/ trad like WTF are these kids smoking and how is this supposed to look cool?

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by cococandy(f): 11:33am On May 16, 2022
pocohantas:
With the type of clothes young girls wear to weddings these days sef, I think kids should stay at home.

If they don’t sew clothe with net for breast, would they die? grin

Or the indecent displays at receptions.
This one na egwu eji

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by izzou(m): 12:18pm On May 16, 2022
I was privileged to attend a Wedding at Harbor point, Victoria Island ( Yes, I used "privilege" because my level and connect no reach grin )

The Invitation given to me had a no-kids warning too.

The event was filled with wealthy people and classy

I don't think it's about indecency and semi nudity. The event was quite sane without plenty kids (though there were few), and I actually preferred it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 16, 2022
You hardly see kids attend adult events overseas, there would be separate provision for them if need be. I believe Nigerians are following this culture. It's cool and safer that way.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by QueenXtar: 12:35pm On May 16, 2022
I think at least at the reception, kids should not be allowed biko. Kids are usually rowdy and tend to make messes and scatter plans...even if kids are allowed, just one or two that can be kept in line

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by iamyemiakins(m): 3:36pm On May 16, 2022
Only kids from the families of the celebrants should be allowed, it connects them more like a reunion. All other mini comrades should stay at home and keep themselves busy while awaiting takeaway packs.

12 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by pocohantas(f): 7:55pm On May 16, 2022
izzou:
I was privileged to attend a Wedding at Harbor point, Victoria Island ( Yes, I used "privilege" because my level and connect no reach grin )

The Invitation given to me had a no-kids warning too.

The event was filled with wealthy people and classy

I don't think it's about indecency and semi nudity. The event was quite sane without plenty kids (though there were few), and I actually preferred it

Yea, someone mentioned this too. There is sanity without kids. Before them go push person cake down. Lmao. grin grin

9 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by missimelda01(f): 8:26pm On May 16, 2022
I'm going to have a decent wedding but I still think only adults will be invited. Children can be messy and they make it hard for their parents to have fun at events.

Btw it's been a long time since I attended a wedding embarassed

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by doggedfighter(f): 8:31pm On May 16, 2022
These days , it's sometimes difficult to get food for yourself at the wedding not to talk of take away packs for the kids waiting.

So parents rather take their children to the venue and slug it out. grin

Children should stay home except children of the immediate families.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by 1Sharon(f): 10:36pm On May 16, 2022
If it's for the church ceremony it's understandable. If it's for the reception, well then...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by Greystone: 12:27am On May 17, 2022
pocohantas:

What do you think of this trend?

Should kids be allowed at Nigerian Weddings?

I like the idea, but this may be difficult to enforce in Naija. I love children, but some can really be a nuisance at social gatherings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by Mindlog: 5:09pm On May 17, 2022
Growing up, we the kids didn't attend weddings with our parents except the weddings of our very close relatives.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by Alexaonfleek: 9:59pm On May 17, 2022
I thought it was always that way cheesy
Growing up, I don't remember attending more than 3 weddings, and they were all that of close relatives.

8 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by folake4u(f): 10:10pm On May 17, 2022
Alexaonfleek:
I thought it was always that way cheesy
Growing up, I don't remember attending more than 3 weddings, and they were all that of close relatives.

Lmao. Your own is even 3.

Mine is just 1. It was my Uncle's wedding. Even at that, they told us, all kids to stay outside. angry
Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by Nazgul: 10:52pm On May 17, 2022
Just enter the children department of any church and you'll understand why restrictions are placed on kids in such events.

Kids are very troublesome and difficult to manage especially when they're in numbers.

Before you blink one is already at the technical unit dragging wire or disconnecting the whole system entirely, another is standing with the MC like bodyguard, one has shifted high table and Hennessy don fall break, another don shit for body, some are crying endlessly, other are going out, coming in and chasing themselves round the hall, making the whole place look very disorganized and rowdy.

And to control them is another Herculean task cos their parents who should do that would be more interested in stocking their bags with lots and lots of nylon bags filled with rice, assorted meats, drinks...etc, than actually paying attention to their kids.

A gathering absent kids would be more orderly and coordinated. I believe this is the reason why most couples prefer to keep them away from their reception.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by Klass99(f): 11:33pm On May 17, 2022
cool

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by Alexaonfleek: 6:47am On May 18, 2022
folake4u:

Lmao. Your own is even 3.

Mine is just 1. It was my Uncle's wedding. Even at that, they told us, all kids to stay outside. angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hope food reach una hand sha
Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by folake4u(f): 6:50am On May 18, 2022
Alexaonfleek:
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hope food reach una hand sha

E reach oh. cheesy grin
Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by izzou(m): 7:00am On May 18, 2022
Nazgul:
Just enter the children department of any church and you'll understand why restrictions are placed on kids in such events.

Kids are very troublesome and difficult to manage especially when they're in numbers.

Before you blink one is already at the technical unit dragging wire or disconnecting the whole system entirely, another is standing with the MC like bodyguard, one has shifted high table and Hennessy don fall break, another don shit for body, some are crying endlessly, other are going out, coming in and chasing themselves round the hall, making the whole place look very disorganized and rowdy.

And to control them is another Herculean task cos their parents who should do that would be more interested in stocking their bags with lots and lots of nylon bags filled with rice, assorted meats, drinks...etc, than actually paying attention to their kids.

A gathering absent kids would be more orderly and coordinated. I believe this is the reason why most couples prefer to keep them away from their reception.

If one person wants to pee, everybody will want to pee too

If one wants to drink water, everybody will ask for water

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by folake4u(f): 8:02am On May 18, 2022
izzou:

If one person wants to pee, everybody will want to pee too

If one wants to drink water, everybody will ask for water

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ah you know this so well!!!!! grin

It's as if they're all sharing one bladder.

I really pity Sunday School teachers sha.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by izzou(m): 8:05am On May 18, 2022
folake4u:

Ah you know this so well!!!!! grin

It's as if they're all sharing one bladder.

I really pity Sunday School teachers sha.

grin grin cheesy cheesy

Let's not talk about the ones that will just fall asleep anyhow, anywhere.

Taking care of just one child is more than stressful, talk more of when you put a number together

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by Greystone: 8:10am On May 18, 2022
missimelda01:
I'm going to have a decent wedding but I still think only adults will be invited. Children can be messy and they make it hard for their parents to have fun at events.

Btw it's been a long time since I attended a wedding embarassed

Lucky you. I hate weddings.
Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by folake4u(f): 8:21am On May 18, 2022
izzou:

grin grin cheesy cheesy

Let's not talk about the ones that will just fall asleep anyhow, anywhere.

Taking care of just one child is more than stressful, talk more of when you put a number together

The ones that fall asleep anywhere are something else!!!!! Ah. I fear kids oh. No care in this world, them just dey do their own dey go. cheesy cheesy

To be honest. My mum does Sunday School teachers work and I don't envy her at all cos the kids are like 50 of them.
Her voice go don crack and she'd end up drinking plenty water when she gets home.
Good thing is that they fear her a lot so they behave. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by izzou(m): 8:48am On May 18, 2022
folake4u:

The ones that fall asleep anywhere are something else!!!!! Ah. I fear kids oh. No care in this world, them just dey do their own dey go. cheesy cheesy

To be honest. My mum does Sunday School teachers work and I don't envy her at all cos the kids are like 50 of them.
Her voice go don crack and she'd end up drinking plenty water when she gets home.
Good thing is that they fear her a lot so they behave. grin

Your mum is strong.

I can't even have the patience for it.

I once tried looking after a kid while the mum was away...Omo, I nearly run mad grin

You will beg this kid to stay one place...Lai lai

You shout at him, he will cry, and then I'll start petting and pleading to him to stop

Pheeeew. They should be banned from weddings abeg grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by folake4u(f): 8:58am On May 18, 2022
izzou:

Your mum is strong.

I can't even have the patience for it.

I once tried looking after a kid while the mum was away...Omo, I nearly run mad grin

You will beg this kid to stay one place...Lai lai

You shout at him, he will cry, and then I'll start petting and pleading to him to stop

Pheeeew. They should be banned from weddings abeg grin

Yeah she's strong.

I don't have patience for kids. My patience is very THIN. They're lovely but their wahala ehn fit make person run mad. angry

grin grin grin Don't worry, I prophesy that you'd have three kids. Three boys. tongue

I don't even like their screaming. I literally beg and plead with them to stop.
A trick you can use to pacify kids(that I use) is to open YouTube and play "Baby Shark do do do" video for them, it calms their craze.
Hold your phone tightly sha.

I don't see what kids are doing at weddings though.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by izzou(m): 9:48am On May 18, 2022
folake4u:

Yeah she's strong.

I don't have patience for kids. My patience is very THIN. They're lovely but their wahala ehn fit make person run mad. angry

grin grin grin Don't worry, I prophesy that you'd have three kids. Three boys. tongue

I don't even like their screaming. I literally beg and plead with them to stop.
A trick you can use to pacify kids(that I use) is to open YouTube and play "Baby Shark do do do" video for them, it calms their craze.
Hold your phone tightly sha.

I don't see what kids are doing at weddings though.

angry angry angry

I prefer more girls to boys sha grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by folake4u(f): 10:05am On May 18, 2022
izzou:

angry angry angry

I prefer more girls to boys sha grin

Ah. Nor vex. I think NL guys say them nor want female shildren oh.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by izzou(m): 10:15am On May 18, 2022
folake4u:

Ah. Nor vex. I think NL guys say them nor want female shildren oh.

Redpillers

angry angry angry angry

Be specific, please

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by folake4u(f): 10:49am On May 18, 2022
izzou:

Redpillers

angry angry angry angry

Be specific, please

grin grin I think say you join oh.

Nor vex Onku. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of This Trend In Wedding Invitations? by missimelda01(f): 12:55pm On May 18, 2022
Greystone:

Lucky you. I hate weddings.
lol really? Hate? That's a strong word o

I hope you'll attend your wedding yourself or would you hire someone? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peacecalm Catering Service(cake,hall Decorations And Event Planning) / Hbd 2 Me!!! / Wedding Gown For Rent/sale In Lagos,ibadan And Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.