Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:03 AM

U.k-based Nigerian Businessman, Ashosh In 1.4 Million Pounds Scam. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / U.k-based Nigerian Businessman, Ashosh In 1.4 Million Pounds Scam. (5059 Views)

NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) / Gunmen Kill Nigerian Businessman In South Africa / Nigerian In UK Caught In 4 Million Pounds Biggest Education Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.k-based Nigerian Businessman, Ashosh In 1.4 Million Pounds Scam. by nwabobo: 9:03am On Jul 14, 2011
To many who do not know him, Ashley Olusegun Oshin, cut a picture of a decent Nigerian making an honest living in the United Kingdom. But for those who know him too well, the CEO of Ashosh Group Services is actually a crook who has ruined the life of many Nigerians wishing to relocate home sameday.

A popular face in the social circle in the U.K, Ashosh as he is popularly called is seen as one of the upwardly mobile Nigerian in the Queens country with a deep pocket. No party is complete without his presence even as popular gospel artiste, Yinka Ayefele sang his praise to high heavens in one of his albums, a glowing testimony to his affluence. But Ashosh’s proclaimed wealth is actually hinged on a phony debenture scheme ostensibly designed to dupe unsuspecting Nigerians who wish to own properties in their fatherland.

According to The Premier’s investigation, Ashosh is at the centre of a fraudulent scheme worth 1.4 million pound (N350Million). Ashley Olusegun Oshin, a Nigerian but British-based businessman had allegedly told the Nigerian community in London through a well publicized promotion in the U.K. media that he was involved in a debenture scheme which could make them acquire and build properties at home while still leaving abroad.

Many Nigerians in the U.K. fell for the bait as they felt that the manner of its presentations in the media suggested that it was a credible project as they were told that there was no risk involved in it. But unknown to them, the reason the debenture was introduced was because Ashosh Group needed a substantial capital which it could not get from the bank and this was why it asked Nigerians in the U.K to invest in it as it promised a 40 percent interest for the first year and if it continued after a year, the interest would be reduced to 15 percent.

Ashosh Group also promised they were willing to allow a customer cancel his or her contract with them at anytime provided the customer gives a seven days notice after which 100 pounds would be forfeited on the amount deposited. The company which claims to be a property consultant back home in Nigeria had collected various sums of money from unsuspecting Nigerians leaving in the U.K for properties scattered across Lagos and Ibadan. Sadly, none of the depositors has taken possession of the property while the company has failed to refund their money.

http://www.thepremiernewsonline.com/articlereader.aspx?newsid=gdeefjcaffehdghfaa
Re: U.k-based Nigerian Businessman, Ashosh In 1.4 Million Pounds Scam. by obowunmi(m): 9:11am On Jul 14, 2011
What will happen now ?
Re: U.k-based Nigerian Businessman, Ashosh In 1.4 Million Pounds Scam. by pynkspyce: 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2011
All sorts. Na wa oh.
Re: U.k-based Nigerian Businessman, Ashosh In 1.4 Million Pounds Scam. by sylve11: 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2011
1.4m pounds a crazy money! shocked cool
Re: U.k-based Nigerian Businessman, Ashosh In 1.4 Million Pounds Scam. by tunnytox(m): 8:34am On Jul 15, 2011
I have always believe this man is fraudulent, I met him about 10 years ago when he started his Ashosh group in Ibadan I really felt he's into something illegal but I kept silent as I do not want to be accused of bad belle. I can't wait to share this news to of my friends. shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Face Of A Scammer / Babaric:: Burnt To Death For Stealing A Necklace In Nigeria / Have You Killed Someone Before? (My Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.