Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,123 members, 7,916,298 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:50 PM

I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose (2465 Views)

Ndume: I Criticised Jonathan But We Don’t Value What We Have Until We Lose It / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / The Current Igbo Are “inferior Igbo.” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by AlexBells(m): 11:13am On May 18, 2022
From being touted as political naive to an unfolding political Maradonaism at all angle, Igbo politicians are impressing me lately, there is a gentle man agreement and tandem to it, everything is working in unison.

There is no guarantee that we would win however there is the mutual understanding that Igbo presidency is an Igbo nationwide project and not individualistic, since we had not had a shot at the presidency since the return of democracy it makes sense to start Igbo presidency project with Vice and then when the Senate and Rep converge by 2023 we would still try our hands on other position in the Senate.

Politics is not about emotions, the game plan is working so far, they said that we did not vote for APC, we may have the smallest delegates from South East but we are giving a block vote, Abia and Imo is already in the bag for the consensus Igbo candidate which may be the current Senate President from North East whom we feel a sense of deprivation with.

Like Kalu had said earlier, the current political dispensation of the Igbos in APC does not give us advantage on the APC primary especially when other South States had frustrated the Zoning of APC ticket to the South now that it maybe thrown open it is only fair to consider North East.

At first people thought that the Igbos were insignificant in APC, however same Igbos may force the APC to jettison zoning, same way we realised by our calculations that enforcing Zoning on PDP would be detrimental to our goals.

The reality is unpredictable for now but I sense that even if we shall loose, it would be a most honourable loss, we are united in the Project, I'm Igbo, I'm Nigerian, I have gotten my PVC what about You. Like what Odumegwu Ojukwu once said it is more about command and control, even Biafrans need to join in the project of Igbo presidency becuase if such Igbo sense that Referendum would bring a lasting peace he would look into it.

Lets start with the project for vice president rather than an outright shot at the presidency. It would give us likely 16 years at the presidency keeping us at par with some other nationalities.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by amnesty7: 11:19am On May 18, 2022
grin
Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by RightToReject(m): 11:21am On May 18, 2022
The part that caught my attention is where you mentioned the usual laughable phrase of Igbos being called "naive" politically by most ignorant and wannabe wise political commentators from different parts of the country, especially those on this platform. Don't tell me that you do take people with such myopic thought seriously.

For the record, the Igbos have never been politically naive. That they aren't well-represented in the executive arm of the current dispensation doesn't automatically make them so.

This dispensation - not republic - aside, they have always gotten fair share of their place in the Nigeria political equation; they were more visible in the first republic government than any other zone from the South; the same as in the second republic; in the third republic when pushed, after the IBB government banned political exposed people like Nzeribe, Iwuanyawu, Ekwueme from emerging the presidential candidates of their respective and prospective parties which made it possible for political neophytes like MKO Abiola and Tofa to later enter the race to grab the SDP and NRC tickets in the 1993 presidential election, they scuttled it via Nzeribe's ABN.

Of course, at the inception of this fourth republic, in fact until the present dispensation in this fourth republic, they have been active players.

So, when ignorant and mischievous people say the Igbos don't know how to play national politics, I laugh hard at their foolishness.

The inability of an Igboman of the South East geopolitical zone to emerge the president of Nigeria yet isn't because of political naivety or lack of wherewithal of any form from politicians from the zone, but because of feeble-mindedness and small-mindedness in general of the majority of the voters from other zones, which is traceable to a fundamental issue.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by helinues: 11:22am On May 18, 2022
grin cheesy

Massob, Ohaneze are having contrary opinion with this epistle of yours

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by AlexBells(m): 11:26am On May 18, 2022
helinues:
grin cheesy

Was MASSOB or Ohaneze elected by any body, are they vying for any political office or is there any political office in Nigeria known as MASSOB or Ohaneze, we are talking to the delegates and those who bought the presidential forms to use their step down or vote wisely

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by helinues: 11:28am On May 18, 2022
AlexBells:

Was MASSOB or Ohaneze elected by any body, are they vying for any political office or is there any political office in Nigeria known as MASSOB or Ohaneze, we are talking to the delegates and those who bought the presidential forms to use their step down or vote wisely

there is the mutual understanding that Igbo presidency is an Igbo nationwide project and not individualistic

I was actually responding to that
Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by AlexBells(m): 11:29am On May 18, 2022
RightToReject:
The part that caught my attention is where you mentioned the usual laughable phrase of Igbos being called "naive" politically by most ignorant and wannabe wise political commentators from different parts of the country, especially those on this platform. Don't tell me that you do take people with such myopic thought seriously.

For the record, the Igbos have never been politically naive. That they aren't well-represented in the executive arm of the current dispensation doesn't automatically make them so.
I sure knows that Igbos are not politically naive becuase ever since the time of Zik, we had great track record in politics but the civil war set us back but I'm happy we are back on track, holding the two major political parties by the balls, calling the shot on one and playing the spoiler on the other that's deep politics

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by AlexBells(m): 11:32am On May 18, 2022
helinues:

I was actually responding to that
How many people are in Ohaneze, I'm telling you about sentiments on ground, I live in Enugu where I interact with the regular people especially youth, IPOB should have been a more valid political force in the East but they are geared towards another approach so I'm talking based on the sentiments of the population, people like Kalu is only speaking currently what the people want to hear, that's why he is becoming quite acceptable and he stepped down in the race to show this is no longer about him, that's how Igbos consider things,

3 Likes

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by shigishege: 11:33am On May 18, 2022
Werey don already give in even before elections. grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by helinues: 11:34am On May 18, 2022
AlexBells:

How many people are in Ohaneze, I'm telling you about sentiments on ground, I live in Enugu where I interact with the regular people especially youth, IPOB should have been a more valid political force in the East but they are geared towards another approach so I'm talking based on the sentiments of the population, people like Kalu is only speaking currently what the people want to hear, that's why he is becoming quite acceptable and he stepped down in the race to show this is no longer about him, that's how Igbos consider things,

If Igbos dominated the number of youths in SE, are Igbos in support of Igbo presidency in 2023?
Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by Legendforte: 11:36am On May 18, 2022
helinues:
grin cheesy

Massob is insignificant and inconsequential in the current context. We stand behind our brother's strategem.[orji uzor kalu]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by Nobody: 11:43am On May 18, 2022
shigishege:
Werey don already give in even before elections. grin grin
Na like dat Igbo sense dey work.
Chestbeating Over Disgraceful Humiliation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by Okwyjesus(m): 11:46am On May 18, 2022
AlexBells:
From being touted as political naive to an unfolding political Maradonaism at all angle, Igbo politicians are impressing me lately, there is a gentle man agreement and tandem to it, everything is working in unison.

There is no guarantee that we would win however there is the mutual understanding that Igbo presidency is an Igbo nationwide project and not individualistic, since we had not had a shot at the presidency since the return of democracy it makes sense to start Igbo presidency project with Vice and then when the Senate and Rep converge by 2023 we would still try our hands on other position in the Senate.

Politics is not about emotions, the game plan is working so far, they said that we did not vote for APC, we may have the smallest delegates from South East but we are giving a block vote, Abia and Imo is already in the bag for the consensus Igbo candidate which may be the current Senate President from North East whom we feel a sense of deprivation with.

Like Kalu had said earlier, the current political dispensation of the Igbos in APC does not give us advantage on the APC primary especially when other South States had frustrated the Zoning of APC ticket to the South now that it maybe thrown open it is only fair to consider North East.

At first people thought that the Igbos were insignificant in APC, however same Igbos may force the APC to jettison zoning, same way we realised by our calculations that enforcing Zoning on PDP would be detrimental to our goals.

The reality is unpredictable for now but I sense that even if we shall loose, it would be a most honourable loss, we are united in the Project, I'm Igbo, I'm Nigerian, I have gotten my PVC what about You. Like what Odumegwu Ojukwu once said it is more about command and control, even Biafrans need to join in the project of Igbo presidency becuase if such Igbo sense that Referendum would bring a lasting peace he would look into it.

Lets start with the project for vice president rather than an outright shot at the presidency. It would give us likely 16 years at the presidency keeping us at par with some other nationalities.
You wrote as if you reads my mind.

Perfect and absolutely perfect move from lgbo elite. I think SE will get VP this time around. It's a good start. We don't have southern brother so let's build bridge up north

Let's support NE so they can in turn support us. Orji Uzoh and Umahi is doing a good job already

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by Difrent: 11:54am On May 18, 2022
AlexBells:

Isnt this what we have been telling yall since.

Una don dey get sense small small

Yall thought intimidations and speeading hate speech will get you presidency.

Una must get sense by force

2 Likes

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by Ekpeitit(m): 12:03pm On May 18, 2022
Another name for Biafra is Loser grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by AlexBells(m): 12:05pm On May 18, 2022
Difrent:

Isnt this what we have been telling yall since.

Una don dey get sense small small

Yall thought intimidations and speeading hate speech will get you presidency.

Una must get sense by force
Instead of swallowing your pride you are looking for where to save your face, we are not begging for it, we are politicking for it, please go to the North you had agreement with, nothing concern us, we start with vice and it wont happen in the street, I will still insult you if I'm the type

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by AlexBells(m): 12:10pm On May 18, 2022
helinues:

If Igbos dominated the number of youths in SE, are Igbos in support of Igbo presidency in 2023?
Even in IPOB there are two categories, the extremely intelligent ones who understand command and control and some that believes Biafra is about will, we work with the intelligent one who understands that the command and control is instrumental both in war and politics, so the do or die minded would be carried along in this case we would have determination and intelligent, one thing we all have in common is that if the Igbos not in the helm of affairs we would most likely be shortchanged so we start with Vice project and then presidency, all working towards either a peaceful stay in Nigeria or peaceful exit whichever one, we are together and everyone is takking about referendum so we are mature

3 Likes

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by Emma2Seconds: 12:24pm On May 18, 2022
You are on your own, we disagree with your non sense write up . Be warned!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by AlexBells(m): 12:29pm On May 18, 2022
Emma2Seconds:
You are on your own, we disagree with your non sense write up . Be warned!!!
Who are we?, why not speak for yourself first, lol do you even have PVC, you are a political void/noise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by Emma2Seconds: 12:46pm On May 18, 2022
Your write up is for you and your family , stop these non sense be warned!!!
AlexBells:

Who are we?, why not speak for yourself first, lol do you even have PVC, you are a political void/noise

1 Like

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by AlexBells(m): 12:49pm On May 18, 2022
Emma2Seconds:
Your write up is for you and your family , stop these non sense be warned!!!
Why not come to Enugu and stop me, did I force you to read, I'm free to air my political views and all you can do is wail on faceless forum while I make moves in real time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by Difrent: 12:50pm On May 18, 2022
AlexBells:

Instead of swallowing your pride you are looking for where to save your face, we are not begging for it, we are politicking for it, please go to the North you had agreement with, nothing concern us, we start with vice and it wont happen in the street, I will still insult you if I'm the type

Not saving face but reiterating what some of us has always advised you people.... and nobody say you should beg for it.
Did you know the best chance of ibos becoming president was with president Buhari but each time he made the move igbos flatly rejected him....if they had voted a buhari with an ibo vice by now an iboman would have become president or by now nobody would deny ibos the presidency but since you played your politics the way you wanted...bear the consequences thats why i will support a yoruba Apc candidate in 2023
Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by AlexBells(m): 12:55pm On May 18, 2022
Difrent:

Not saving face but reiterating what some of us has always advised you people.... and nobody say you should beg for it.
Did you know the best chance of ibos becoming president was with president Buhari but each time he made the move igbos flatly rejected him....if they had voted a buhari with an ibo vice by now an iboman would have become president or by now nobody would deny ibos the presidency but since you played your politics the way you wanted...bear the consequences thats why i will support a yoruba Apc candidate in 2023
It a lie, you are politically naive, how could Igbos have supported Buhari in 2015, Buhari having a Yoruba vice why should we chose a Yoruba vice over an Ijaw president that identifies greatly with us, meanwhile Buhari ran with an Igbo candidate earlier, Buhari couldn't have handed over to us that easy being that we were greatly opposed to his presidency which we still are.

You Yorubas that built political third mainland bridge and remained docile so you don't seem abusive, what's happening today, is the North going to cede the presidency to you, meanwhile we Igbos did not contribute anything in bringing the failure you all imposed on everyone in the person of Buhari so what are you saying, stop talking about insult and advice yourself instead of advising others, Igbo youth have the right to insult so keep it in your mind and come 2023 we would insult some people with our PVC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by Emma2Seconds: 12:56pm On May 18, 2022
Biafra now or never ! !!! Nothing like Igbo VP take or leave it.
AlexBells:

Why not come to Enugu and stop me, did I force you to read, I'm free to air my political views and all you can do is wail on faceless forum while I make moves in real time
Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by GOATandYAMtheory: 12:58pm On May 18, 2022
Vagina slicers will never cease to amaze me grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by AlexBells(m): 1:00pm On May 18, 2022
Emma2Seconds:
Biafra now or never ! !!! Nothing like Igbo VP take or leave it.
Ojukwu would be shaking his head in shame that he fought for nothing please, can you enumerate just 5 reason for the Biafran war ?, if you can't then shut up for good, allowing ignorant folk access to public dispensation of unguarded information won't happen in Biafra so you may not have a say now or even then, Biafra would always be discussed in a round table, I stand with Ojukwu on Aburi accord

3 Likes

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by Emma2Seconds: 1:08pm On May 18, 2022
Gather your ppl and tell them the tale ok . In biafra we stand!!!�
AlexBells:

Ojukwu would be shaking his head in shame that he fought for nothing please, can you enumerate just 5 reason for the Biafran war ?, if you can't then shut up for good, allowing ignorant folk access to public dispensation of unguarded information won't happen in Biafra so you may not have a say now or even then, Biafra would always be discussed in a round table, I stand with Ojukwu on Aburi accord

1 Like

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by AlexBells(m): 1:14pm On May 18, 2022
Emma2Seconds:
Gather your ppl and tell them the tale ok . In biafra we stand!!!�
It is your right to stand on Biafra however go about it the right way, like IPOB is doing, ask for Refendum, go about peaceful protest, and then lobby the people to vote for Biafran passionate representatives who will speak for that purpose on or off official duty,

Trouble the polity with your agitation especially violent and understand that what happened to Adakar Borro would be a child's play,

The Igbo nation owns Nigeria it is better you don't mess with our brainchild whether you are non Igbo or ignorant Igbo, know it today that the Igbo nation is not leaving Nigeria, others can however argue to live, Biafra is never the Plan A of the Igbo nation.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by Emma2Seconds: 1:22pm On May 18, 2022
If biafra is never plan A for igbos then you should continue being a slave to useless fulani s . All we know is biafra or continuous restlessness in the country . Ohamadike is the GOd Sent Prophet ok. Biafra is a goal to hell with nigeria and Igbo VP. No going back again
AlexBells:

It is your right to stand on Biafra however go about it the right way, like IPOB is doing, ask for Refendum, go about peaceful protest, and then lobby the people to vote for Biafran passionate representatives who will speak for that purpose on or off official duty,

Trouble the polity with your agitation especially violent and understand that what happened to Adakar Borro would be a child's play,

The Igbo nation owns Nigeria it is better you don't mess with our brainchild whether you are non Igbo or ignorant Igbo, know it today that the Igbo nation is not leaving Nigeria, others can however argue to live, Biafra is never the Plan A of the Igbo nation.

1 Like

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by Oplomo: 1:23pm On May 18, 2022
The day I laughed and fell from my chair was when the yorubas after 2015 election claimed that they now have an agreement to rotate presidency between the North and yorubas so that Ibos will never be president. That they will take every position in the south while the ibos lament. grin

They also postulated and whispered within themselves that since Ibos don't like Abokeys, they will have no choice but to vote SW president in 2023. LMAO. They were so sure, but today, scales dey fall from their eyes. grin

Seunmsg, midolian, ramdeuter, abdulkayus, noethnicity, madridguy and other yorubas really fooled themselves those years. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by AlexBells(m): 1:29pm On May 18, 2022
Emma2Seconds:
If biafra is never plan A for igbos then you should continue being a slave to useless fulani s . All we know is biafra or continuous restlessness in the country . Ohamadike is the GOd Sent Prophet ok. Biafra is a goal to with nigeria and Igbo VP. No going back again
You are the one who is not just being a slave but a caward, let me hear that a true Igbo son (Nwafor) would run away from the country that he paid the ultimate price for independence for a wandering cow rearing tribe lol,

Oga men dey, go and write it down, when the Igbo nation is ready Fulani shall tremble in fear, Oga gbatuo, I'm telling you honestly, there is no need to say some things but stop using some language becuase we know the badass tribe and Igbo nation is number 1 in that regards.

Is like you have forgotten all the numerous time the Igbo struck...you guys should hold your peace becuase if one day it starts and every Igbo ahould come out and defend what they believe in, There would be fire on the mountain.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Impressed By The Current Igbo Political Strategy, If We Lose We Lose by citizenY(m): 2:38pm On May 18, 2022
RightToReject:

This dispensation - not republic - aside, they have always gotten fair share of their place in the Nigeria political equation; they were more visible in the first republic government than any other zone from the South; the same as in the second republic; in the third republic when pushed, after the IBB government banned political exposed people like Nzeribe, Iwuanyawu, Ekwueme from emerging the presidential candidates of their respective and prospective parties which made it possible for political neophytes like MKO Abiola and Tofa to later enter the race to grab the SDP and NRC tickets in the 1993 presidential election, they scuttled it via Nzeribe's ABN.

Of course, at the inception of this fourth republic, in fact until the present dispensation in this fourth republic, they have been active players.

So, when ignorant and mischievous people say the Igbos don't know how to play national politics, I laugh hard at their foolishness.

The inability of an Igboman of the South East geopolitical zone to emerge the president of Nigeria yet isn't because of political naivety or lack of wherewithal of any form from politicians from the zone, but[b] because of feeble-mindedness and small-mindedness in general of the majority of the voters from other zones, [/b]

which is traceable to a fundamental issue.

This is the type of insolence that is your undoing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pdp Has Won In Kwara State's Governorship Election / Dumb People Should Not Be Allowed To Vote - Sagamite / Any Good Nightclub In Abuja? I Need To Unwind!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.