Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,757 members, 7,875,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:11 AM

2023 Elections: Osinbajo Is Accessible To Every Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections: Osinbajo Is Accessible To Every Nigerian (306 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's House In Otuoke Remains Accessible Only By Canoe (Pictures) / 2023 Elections: Osinbajo Will Run An Inclusive Government / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Is Not A Democrat, He Prepared My Detention Under Decree 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Elections: Osinbajo Is Accessible To Every Nigerian by hnm2023: 2:17pm On May 19, 2022
Anyone who has come across Nigeria's Vice-President, Professor Yemi Osibanjo will attest to his meekness and easygoing nature. In the last seven years, Yemi Osinbajo, alongside his boss, President Muhammadu Buhari has worked tirelessly in providing infrastructure and growing Nigeria's economy in war and in peace. Also, in these periods, he has shown Nigerians that beyond his office as the number two citizen of the nation, he is compassionate about the struggles of the ordinary Nigerian, and this amiable trait has endeared more Nigerians to him as he has been dubbed "the most accessible Vice-President in the History of Nigeria".
It should be noted that before Professor Yemi Osinbajo inauguration as the 14th Vice-President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria on 29 May, 2015, there were so many others before him, the likes of Namadi Sambo, Goodluck Jonathan, Atiku Abubakar, Alex Ekwueme and a few others who deputized during the military regimes. Prior to Yemi Osinbajo's ascendance, the position was not given so much credence as former First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan puts it; "My husband is in his office reading newspaper" and so, not many considered the Vice-President a political heavyweight in the scheme of things in Nigerian politics, but a household role, for an office holder who was barely seen in the public, except when doing the President's biddings.
Thus, when Osinbajo came into the picture and began moving from one local government to the other, to listen to the plights of the ordinary Nigerians, dig for the causes a problem and profer long lasting solutions to their problems, Nigerians began to ask questions, with most of them acknowledging the simplicity of the person of the Vice-President and how easily accessible they could reach him to come to their rescue in difficult times. As he mentioned in his declaration speech on. 11 April, 2022;
"I have been to practically all local governments in Nigeria."
A testament to why he has been dubbed the aforementioned title (the most accessible Vice-President in Nigeria's History) by ordinary Nigerians.
The Vice-President understands that a leader does not shy away from responsibilities nor does he hide from his people, because without the people, there will be no leader in the first place. This is why Professor Yemi Osinbajo has promised to be available in the life of every APC party delegate who requires his presence, listen to the plans and concern of every Nigerian irrespective of ethnic groups, just like he has done in the homes of many ordinary Nigerians in various parts of the country. Where he have visited in the past seven years, sat with the techprenuers in Lagos, Edo, and Kaduna, with the Nollywood and Kannywood actors; with musicians, from Lagos, Onitsha, and Kano. He has also spoken to small and large businesses to promote agricultural, mining, and oil-producing communities; in the Delta, in Kebbi, Enugu, Borno; Rivers, Plateau, and Ondo; and in all other States of the federation, listening to the diverse experiences and yearnings of the Nigerian people.
So, it comes as a shock when some group of persons assume that the Vice-President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo is now engaging Nigerians because he is in the race for the office of the President. Something he has always done? Perhaps a succinct reminder is that;
Professor Yemi Osinbajo has always been present to sympathize, grant succor, bear the pain and anguish of victims in violent conflicts, terrorist attacks, flooding, fire and other disasters.
Also, he has countlessly visited the gallant troops in the North East and our brothers and sisters in the IDP camps.
In his words;
"I stood where they stood and sat where they sat. I know their hopes, aspirations and fears; and I believe that in those hopes and aspirations are the seeds for the great Nigeria that we all desire."
The question now is; if Yemi Osinbajo has shown so much concern and compassion in the everyday life of the ordinary Nigerian as Vice-President, how much more when he becomes the President?

Re: 2023 Elections: Osinbajo Is Accessible To Every Nigerian by TundeDes: 2:24pm On May 19, 2022
Joke apart, I give it to him when it comes to flexibility

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Osinbajo Is Accessible To Every Nigerian by lathrowinger: 2:47pm On May 19, 2022
Last last, he will step down for jagaban. That's the plan... undecided
Re: 2023 Elections: Osinbajo Is Accessible To Every Nigerian by TheRareGem1(f): 4:48pm On May 19, 2022
This is known, the fact is that he relates to Nigerians regardless of class and tribe and religion Easily

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Osinbajo Is Accessible To Every Nigerian by IgOga(m): 5:05pm On May 19, 2022
How many people Osibanjo help as VP even in Ikenne? Abegi forget accessible
Re: 2023 Elections: Osinbajo Is Accessible To Every Nigerian by okefranci: 5:15pm On May 19, 2022
kiss
Re: 2023 Elections: Osinbajo Is Accessible To Every Nigerian by Shooyie: 6:43pm On May 19, 2022
He is a very lovable person and he is humble.
Re: 2023 Elections: Osinbajo Is Accessible To Every Nigerian by Newton2024: 7:29pm On May 19, 2022
What does he have to say about the continuous killing of Christians by terrorists in Nigeria?
Re: 2023 Elections: Osinbajo Is Accessible To Every Nigerian by Babalawoniger: 7:52pm On May 19, 2022
Osinbajo is the only presidential aspirants that can relate and feel the purse of the people. He is a humble man.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Declares Accountant General And Others Wanted Over N435billon Fraud / Ogun Apc Primary Election: Tunji Akinosi Disorganized Voting Centre / I Can Not Be A Second Class Citizen In My Country-Gov Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.