Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,103 members, 7,890,642 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:30 PM

Help Someone Make The Right Choice - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help Someone Make The Right Choice (11334 Views)

Dropping Psychology For Nursing. Am I Making The Right Choice? / Is Mining Engineering A Right Choice Of Study In Nigeria And As A Female / Why Nigerian Youths Need To Make The Transition From Graduate To Apprentice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:33pm On May 20, 2022
Did you even need to ask this? What kind of 'adults' do we have around these days?
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by sirsugar(m): 3:35pm On May 20, 2022
Op dey whine us here, person wey hustle for that job must get sense to choose
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by Ken4Christ: 3:35pm On May 20, 2022
blazingblender:
Jesus guy the calculation is simple na
150k every month * 12
Will give you 1.8 milla shocked cool
And then
30k * 4 =120k
90k *12 =1.08milla
120k + 1.08milla =1.2milla
Difference of 600k
Let's not talk about the yearly increment of 3k cus that's even ridiculous
With this calculation make your choice

Correction: The incentive is 40*4 = 160k.

In any case, the other thing to consider is transport expenses to the companies. Which one is more unless it's an online job. Some jobs swallow a large percentage of one's income.

If transport cost is not a factor, he should also consider job security. Some company can hire and fire you whenever they like without compensation.

Another factor is the nature of the job. Which of them will expose you to greater experience and make you more marketable in the future matters.

So, it is wrong to just make choice based on salary alone. Put these other factors in place and make a wise choice.

If you are a dedicated Christian, pray about it and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by Gallybounce: 3:36pm On May 20, 2022
I’ll take the 150k , work for two years , japa .
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by Sixfiguresmart(m): 3:58pm On May 20, 2022
What's on your table bro? I am hungry
iCauseTrouble:
This thing na maths na. I dey chop now, when I finish, I go help you do the maths
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by Sixfiguresmart(m): 3:59pm On May 20, 2022
japa to where?
Gallybounce:
I’ll take the 150k , work for two years , japa .
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by iCauseTrouble: 4:07pm On May 20, 2022
Garri and White soup
Sixfiguresmart:
What's on your table bro? I am hungry
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by TYCO77: 4:09pm On May 20, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
tempest2019:
Someone got a job of 150k in lagos and got another job of 90k in lagos.
The problem now is that the there is no room for increment of salary for the 150k job while for the one of 90k the company increases salary with 3k every year. In addition to the increment the 90k job pays 40k incentive every 3 months

It will take you like 20years before you get to earn up to 150k in the 90k job with the 3k yearly increment. The 40k incentive is just like additional 13k to the salary which sums it up to 103k per month. Open your eyes and make your decision.
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by Sixfiguresmart(m): 4:37pm On May 20, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Garri and White soup
Send me your location. Please slow down I'm on the way
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by Equity15(m): 4:40pm On May 20, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
japa to where?
good question
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by bluefilm: 4:43pm On May 20, 2022
tempest2019:
The problem now is that the there is no room for increment of salary for the 150k job while for the one of 90k the company increases salary with 3k every year. In addition to the increment the 90k job pays 40k incentive every 3 months

Don't be tied down with salary mentality.

Look for how to use the money you are getting to establish yourself.

If you continue depending on salary and whether it will be increased or not, I tell you, you will remain only in one place for a very long time.
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by Emmacy001: 4:44pm On May 20, 2022
tempest2019:
Location and nature of the job will determine
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by Emmacy001: 4:45pm On May 20, 2022
tempest2019:

Location and nature of the job will determine
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by mcdokwe(m): 4:57pm On May 20, 2022
doshiyad1:

No time to waste time,all this one na long grammar and you didn't give him any answer as far as am concern. so which should he take

Anyone with functional thinking faculty will get where I'm driving at.
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:11pm On May 20, 2022
What about your transportation to and fro for both jobs.
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by Jackanda1(m): 5:23pm On May 20, 2022
Cutehector:
Reject both jobs and continue sitting at home.

Stop mocking people who ask for help, not everyone is as smart .
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by pstjoga: 5:34pm On May 20, 2022
Also please help another brother. He is working one of the paramilitary agency with salary of 126,000 and now has an offer at an embassy with 640,000 salary. He is concerned about job growth in the government job but small salary. What advise can I give him please?
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by Besto(m): 6:33pm On May 20, 2022
Zonefree:
Yearly increment of 3k
.. lipsrsealed

Like WTF.

3k..

Nigerians dey suffer ooo
Re: Help Someone Make The Right Choice by tamcamp253: 6:47pm On May 20, 2022
Even if we talk here the person go still choose Wetin him want

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Dangerous Sets Of People You Will Find In A Typical Workplace By Johnspeak / I'm In Love With My Boss / Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.