Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,993 members, 7,909,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:00 AM

Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career (12115 Views)

Please Advise Me On Which Certification To Get / How To Further My Career In Canada With Nigeria HND / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by airsaylongcome: 1:40pm On May 24, 2022
Nyanabo:

It's online. Check Udemy and you would see courses related to Data science from beginner to advance level. Which is not free too. If you want free course you can check YouTube. Why I don't recommend YouTube is that it's filled with indians (I struggle to understand their English)

And for Udemy you would be given a certificate of completion which can be an added advantage.

No advantage with certificate o. None. Focus on learning and knowing the content. Certs don't open doors in Data Science. Unless it's a Masters or PhD
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Sambaby7640: 4:04pm On May 24, 2022
airsaylongcome:

If I be dopemu you be real ẹkpa cos you suppose don know say garri na generic name. Ọrhuẹ
Estás completamente loco, hombre. Ewu congo
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Nyanabo(m): 4:09pm On May 24, 2022
Idrismusty97:
7k? That's cheaper than i expected. Can you please work me through on registration and payment procedures of the Udemy course? Sorry for asking all these questions I don't know anything about online course. This will be my first time venturing into it, thanks.

Ok, you would go to Udemy site
1Create an account.
2Search for the course you want. If you are a beginner
3 search data analyst course from beginner to advance level
4 Click on buy this course
5 It would take you to a payment section where you include your card details and click pay.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by airsaylongcome: 4:13pm On May 24, 2022
Sambaby7640:
Estás completamente loco, hombre. Ewu congo

Lol, see this "ọrhuẹ macaiver" mixing eboe and Spanish. If I be Congo goat, "vwẹ vw'ekpa i Pessu"
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Idrismusty97(m): 4:18pm On May 24, 2022
Nyanabo:

Ok, you would go to Udemy site
1Create an account.
2Search for the course you want. If you are a beginner
3 search data analyst course from beginner to advance level
4 Click on buy this course
5 It would take you to a payment section where you include your card details and click pay.
Thank you very much.
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Nyanabo(m): 5:07pm On May 24, 2022
airsaylongcome:

No advantage with certificate o. None. Focus on learning and knowing the content. Certs don't open doors in Data Science. Unless it's a Masters or PhD

For an entry level position certifications as regards the field you are applying for give you an edge over other applicants s.
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by airsaylongcome: 6:41pm On May 24, 2022
Nyanabo:

For an entry level position certifications as regards the field you are applying for give you an edge over other applicants s.

My brother, no advantage o. It's your portfolio and competence. Someone with zero certification and proven competence and verifiable portfolio will always be picked ahead of someone with all the state-of-the-art certifications and no proven competence. In IT, certs aren't as important as hands in knowledge. In fact for entry level the industry is often "wary" if na only Certs you dey flash around

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by obilokechukwu(m): 8:01pm On May 24, 2022
vikgreen01:

Pls I will like to get my self with data science/ analysis. How do I kick start in this tech skill, I have taken some free online courses on it but I really want an in-depth knowledge and where I can be finely groom and been monitored. I came across an organization who’s charging the sum of 1.5 million naira for it,, thou there are alot of benefits attached to it like housing, feeding, a personal laptop, monthly stipends among others for a period of 9months. It’s like a camping stuff nd the 1.5m will be paid in 30months.
if you have ur laptop and internet connect u can learn free online like youtub, google, freecodecamp and many other site.
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by vikgreen01(m): 12:25pm On May 27, 2022
obilokechukwu:
if you have ur laptop and internet connect u can learn free online like youtub, google, freecodecamp and many other site.

Thank u
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by GREcoach: 12:32pm On May 27, 2022
Switch To Digital Marketing/Corporate Communications. You can never go wrong with all the many certifications out there with instant placements.

https://fb.watch/dgr-AsEz49/ smiley
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Ttomel: 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2022
Care4:

With your chemistry background, go for ISO Quality Management System (QMS) Lead Audior, you can also consider SixSigma.

I will check it up. thks
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by LolaLo: 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
6Sigma.us provides consulting and training programs on lean and six sigma process improvement methodologies. Peter has been involved with Six Sigma since the beginning of the program, and his knowledge and experience is evident in all aspects of the course. The training materials were very detailed, clear, and well researched. The classes include a well-balanced mix of practical exercises and useful practical theory. His instructors kept the class fast paced, made it lively and interesting by providing examples from their real-life consulting experience. I attended 6Sigma.us are training classes for green belt, black belt and master black belt. I enjoyed all three sessions. The master black belt program, instructed by Peter himself, was especially helpful because of the deeper treatment of the material and the lively class discussions. I highly recommend 6Sigma.us for anyone interested in improving processes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masters In Project Management At Unilag Or Pmp Certified? / 14 Easy Ways To Stay Awake At Work / Ongoing Protest At Berger Paints PLC Against Management Over Gratuity (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.