Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,235 members, 7,936,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:48 PM

2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo (1590 Views)

APC Primary: Buhari To Take Final Decision As Govs Failed To Reach Consensus / 2023: We May Reach Consensus Soon — Osinbajo Tells Osun Delegates / 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by ArewaNorth: 9:46am On May 21, 2022
2023 presidency: South West may reach consensus soon – Osinbajo

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has expressed optimism that the All Progressives Congress, APC, in South West would soon arrive at a consensus candidate for the forthcoming primary election.

Osinbajo, who is also battling for the APC presidential ticket, spoke during an interactive section with the party’s delegates in Osogbo, the Osun State capital on Friday.

Former Lagos State Governor and national leader of the party, Bola Tinunu and the Vice President are the major aspirants contending for the sole APC ticket from the region.

Asked how the region could curb the looming division being birthed by the presidential ambition of some stakeholders in the South West, Osinbajo said consultations are ongoing to arrive at a consensus candidate.

He said, “I believe strongly in the wisdom of Yoruba elders and leaders, and consultations are always ongoing.

“I believe that very soon we will resolve whatever differences exist and we will reach an agreement on the way forward.”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/05/20/2023-presidency-south-west-may-reach-consensus-soon-osinbajo/

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 9:47am On May 21, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by yerokunphilips: 9:51am On May 21, 2022
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by Kyase(m): 9:53am On May 21, 2022
Garfield1
Was telling you yesterday

SW Consensus vs SS/SE/NE Consensus
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by SadiqBabaSani: 9:57am On May 21, 2022
and who would dt be PYO or BAT
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by garfield1: 10:20am On May 21, 2022
Kyase:
Garfield1

But originally you said consensus won't work.that means one of tinubu/osibanjo vs amechi/akpabio vs lawan/bello vs nwajiuba/onu....

Tinubu already has lagos,kano,Osun,borno, which is about 1200 delegates.can you beat that

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by Kyase(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2022
garfield1:

But originally you said consensus won't work.that means one of tinubu/osibanjo vs amechi/akpabio vs lawan/bello vs nwajiuba/onu....

Tinubu already has lagos,kano,Osun,borno, which is about 1200 delegates.can you beat that
Whether by consensus or stepping down for another, they are all the same thing

By end of this week, we should know where the pendulum will swing to, but now let's wait.....
Even Tinubu isn't 100% sure of how it will be..
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by garfield1: 10:39am On May 21, 2022
Kyase:

Whether by consensus or stepping down for another, they are all the same thing

By end of this week, we should know where the pendulum will swing to, but now let's wait.....
Even Tinubu isn't 100% sure of how it will be..

He is.lawan only has yobe,IMO,kebbi and maybe jigawa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by Sammy07: 10:44am On May 21, 2022
garfield1:

And partially Ondo/Ogun, i think he has Edo also

Fayemi has Ekiti, Tinubu Also partially has Oyo and Rivers

Amaechi also have Rivers and some Southern state. .as for Yemi, I'm not sure of him

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by garfield1: 10:47am On May 21, 2022
Sammy07:

And partially Ondo/Ogun, i think he has Edo also

Fayemi has Ekiti, Tinubu Also partially has Oyo and Rivers

Amaechi also have Rivers and some Southern state. .as for Yemi, I'm not sure of him

Amechi only has rivers,maybe bayelsa,parts of crs and plateau.tinubu has an unassailable lead

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by Kyase(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2022
garfield1:

You can underate every other person but don't do that to these three aspirants, Amaechi, lawan and osibanjo, among them all the most dangerous is Amaechi..

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by mrvitalis(m): 11:17am On May 21, 2022
garfield1:

Amechi only has rivers,maybe bayelsa,parts of crs and plateau.tinubu has an unassailable lead
Lmao ...u guys make me laugh

The only man who determines the next APC candidate is Buhari simple no body can dare him ,he owns the party structure 100%

Where he points 90% would go ....so just wait n see the direction he would go to before you start to do calculations

You think brono ,Kano , delegates would vote against Buhari directives ?

1 year is too much of a long time to be on the bad books of the president when u are corrupt

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by garfield1: 2:23pm On May 21, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lmao ...u guys make me laugh

The only man who determines the next APC candidate is Buhari simple no body can dare him ,he owns the party structure 100%

Where he points 90% would go ....so just wait n see the direction he would go to before you start to do calculations

You think brono ,Kano , delegates would vote against Buhari directives ?

1 year is too much of a long time to be on the bad books of the president when u are corrupt

If buhari wanted to impose someone,he would have done so since.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by garfield1: 2:25pm On May 21, 2022
Kyase:

You can underate every other person but don't do that to these three aspirants, Amaechi, lawan and osibanjo, among them all the most dangerous is Amaechi..

Dont forget tinubu has been planning these all his life.amechi cannot even control things in rivers,in yobe,lawwan is under buni and geidam while tinubu made osibanjo.except buhari backs them,no way
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by famology(m): 2:49pm On May 21, 2022
garfield1:

Lawan is a jester. He's not contesting
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by duwdu: 2:50pm On May 21, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lmao ...

Buhari doesn't have one year to play around with...he has barely one week to do all the magic some are conjuring up for — and maybe with — him.

Trust politicians eyeing the next dispensation from May, 2023, once Buhari's party's presidential candidate contest is settled at the end of next week, Buhari's political influence will start to wane. This will be more so if the chosen candidate is not who Buhari may have had in mind.

And to be realistic, no other person not named Muhammadu Buhari, knows who this his "anointed" candidate actually is — if "he/she" even exists, that is.

Anyway, the closer it gets to May 29, the less any magic wand can be successfully used without the possiblity of bringing forth Zamfara 2 on their party.

For good measure, Buhari was recently snubbed hard by the supposedly rubber-stamp NASS over Section 84 (12) of the now-in-effect electoral act, and heaven has not fallen. At least, not yet. Some people tend to conveniently overlook this event.

BTW, Buhari will be clueless if he assents to the latest modification to the Electoral Act meant to correct for the inadvertent omission of the normal rights of statutory delicates to vote at party meetings for elective posts!

I say that because the act still contains the Section 84 (12) Buhari is currently asking the courts to strike down. Who assents — again — to a document he's objecting to, while the case is still ongoing?

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe the courts will simply throw Buhari's case out the next time it comes up for hearing, if he again assents to the act as is, before the conclusion of the ongoing case.

Corollary: So if Buhari does sign off on the latest version of the Bill, it would mean he has given up on getting 84 (12) expunged, methinks.

But hey, we shall see.

Good luck to all sides.

P34c3
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by famology(m): 2:56pm On May 21, 2022
The race is Tinubu's to lose. He's the centre of everything in this race. That's the reason his name reverberates endlessly across all media platforms. He has no mate in this race.
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by Kyase(m): 3:03pm On May 21, 2022
garfield1:

Dont forget tinubu has been planning these all his life.amechi cannot even control things in rivers,in yobe,lawwan is under buni and geidam while tinubu made osibanjo.except buhari backs them,no way
I'm not in anyway belittling BAT, not at all, in fact after consideration I want a southern Muslim to emerge, so that we can have a northern Christian as VP, some nonsense need to stop.....

But what im saying is, tinubu shouldn't underate any of his opponents

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by garfield1: 3:06pm On May 21, 2022
Kyase:

I'm not in anyway belittling BAT, not at all, in fact after consideration I want a southern Muslim to emerge, so that we can have a northern Christian as VP, some nonsense need to stop.....

But what im saying is, tinubu shouldn't underate any of his opponents

Agree with you that is why he is not resting his oars.he was instrumental to lawan's emergence as SP. He is now in delta state...

But my problem is which christian can he peir with among dogara,babachir,boss mustapha,lalong,akume etc.... He may go with a Muslim like lawan,zulum,ganduje
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by Day169: 3:12pm On May 21, 2022
This guy is such a gentleman!

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by Kyase(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2022
garfield1:

Agree with you that is why he is not resting his oars.he was instrumental to lawan's emergence as SP. He is now in delta state...

But my problem is which christian can he peir with among dogara,babachir,boss mustapha,lalong,akume etc.... He may go with a Muslim like lawan,zulum,ganduje
He won't try the Muslim, Muslim ticket...
I see Dogara or Boss Mustapha its between those two.... But most likely Boss, he need someone from Buhari inner cycle to gain his support....
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by garfield1: 6:12pm On May 21, 2022
Kyase:

He won't try the Muslim, Muslim ticket...
I see Dogara or Boss Mustapha its between those two.... But most likely Boss, he need someone from Buhari inner cycle to gain his support....

Boss is not really from buhari circle oh.he was part of acn in Adamawa and cousin to babachir. They are all tinubu people
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by Parachoko: 6:18pm On May 21, 2022
garfield1:

Boss is not really from buhari circle oh.he was part of acn in Adamawa and cousin to babachir. They are all tinubu people
Have Buhari truly sign the amended electoral bill?
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by Kyase(m): 7:01pm On May 21, 2022
garfield1:

I'm aware of that, but not anymore, Boss is a Buharist and he's part of the cabal
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by garfield1: 10:01pm On May 21, 2022
Kyase:

I'm aware of that, but not anymore, Boss is a Buharist and he's part of the cabal

His loyalty is originally to tinubu
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by Kyase(m): 10:11pm On May 21, 2022
garfield1:

His loyalty is originally to tinubu

Booknark this
Boss mustapha, babachir and dogara one would be his running mate

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by ruggedtimi(m): 8:40am On May 22, 2022
garfield1:

lawan under buni? Person wey dey national assembly since 1999.
Buni is a small boy and thanks to his godfather Abba Ibrahim he became the governor.
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by fyneguy: 8:54am On May 22, 2022
Kyase:
Garfield1

There can't be SE/SS/NE consensus in APC. The interest groups in these zones are too heterogenous. Their SECs are loyal to different groups. No single leader can make them reach a compromise.

For instance, in the SS, Edo is controlled by the ACN caucus. Delta is divided - ACN and nPDP. Akpabio - Akwa Ibom...Ayade and ACN- Cross River. Rivers won't join them, unless Amaechi steps down for the NE-consensus.

In the NE, ACN controls Borno, Adamawa, Bauchi, and Taraba. Gombe is divided. Only Yobe will go with the consensus.

SE is not clear yet. Kalu does not control Abia. Uzodinma might pull Imo into the consensus. Umahi may also deliver Ebonyi for it. Enugu, Anambra are up for grabs.
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by Kyase(m): 9:03am On May 22, 2022
fyneguy:

There can't be SE/SS/NE consensus in APC. The interest groups in these zones are too heterogenous. Their SECs are loyal to different groups. No single leader can make them reach a compromise.

For instance, in the SS, Edo is controlled by the ACN caucus. Delta is divided - ACN and nPDP. Akpabio - Akwa Ibom...Ayade and ACN- Cross River. Rivers won't join them, unless Amaechi steps down for the NE-consensus.

In the NE, ACN controls Borno, Adamawa, Bauchi, and Taraba. Gombe is divided. Only Yobe will go with the consensus.

SE is not clear yet. Kalu does not control Abia. Uzodinma might pull Imo into the consensus. Umahi may also deliver Ebonyi for it. Enugu, Anambra are up for grabs.

Nice analyses, but I think there will be a general consensus in APC, Buhari is fully in charge of APC now
Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by SlurUsername1: 9:08am On May 22, 2022
Tinubu has to be the consensus candidate. Even this ballless pastor knows that

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by SlurUsername1: 9:09am On May 22, 2022
Kyase:

Nice analyses, but I think there will be a general consensus in APC, Buhari is fully in charge of APC now
Until that happens let's deal with what's on ground. There's no consensus candidate for now and that's what matters

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: South West May Reach Consensus Soon – Osinbajo by Kyase(m): 9:17am On May 22, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

Until that happens let's deal with what's on ground. There's no consensus candidate for now and that's what matters
Until then

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did A 3rd Class Scammer Enter Harvard & Oxford??? / Osun Election: Why Governor Oyetola Will Soon End Up In Jail (Pics) / Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.