Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:43 AM

JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again (629 Views)

Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) / Many Feared Trapped As Building Collapses In Kano (Pictures) / Four Rescued, Five Dead As Building Collapse In Lagos - LASEMA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by Easyvibez(m): 5:38pm On May 21, 2022
BREAKING: One dead as building collapses in Lagos again

Lagos State has recorded three incidents of building collapse across the Yaba, Ebute-Metta and Okota areas, with 15 lives lost in recent months.

The PUNCH had reported that a 21-storey building on Gerard Road, Ikoyi collapsed on November 1, 2021. About 50 persons perished in the building collapse.

Also, on May 1, 2022, a three-storey building collapsed in the Ebute Metta area of the state leaving at least 10 persons dead.
After the collapse, the Lagos State Government ordered the immediate stoppage of approval for structures above three floors in Ebute-Metta East and West.

“The soil and topography, the low water level and effects, as well as the inability of structures in this area to bear loads above three floors, were considered in arriving at this decision,” Salako said.

“The Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority has been directed to henceforth stop taking applications for approval above three floors in the area.

“To guarantee the safety of lives and property by ensuring that we put a halt to lives being cut short by incidents of building collapse, the government has been compelled to invoke the relevant sections of the Lagos State Urban and Regional Planning and Development Law 2019, as amended, to address the crisis,” Lagos Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Dr Idris Salako, had said in a statement on Wednesday, May 11.

Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by kettykings: 5:39pm On May 21, 2022
80% of all building collapse on one state
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by Puskas: 5:39pm On May 21, 2022
Most buildings in Lagos are disaster waiting to happen. Owomida people always cutting corners. Onitsha builds skyscrapers but you hardly hear of building collapse there
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by Urheadmaster(m): 5:40pm On May 21, 2022
80% of Lagos building structure is very poor hence why the rampant in building collapses undecided
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:41pm On May 21, 2022
This need serious attention.

Eko o ni baje!

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by Puskas: 5:44pm On May 21, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

Eko o ni baje!
Shatap.
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by itaewon: 5:45pm On May 21, 2022
Puskas:
Most buildings in Lagos are disaster waiting to happen. Owomida people always cutting corners. Onitsha builds skyscrapers but you hardly hear of building collapse there
lol
skycrapper in onistha ?lliterate full alaigbo pass in nigeria after north, the mugu is calling storey buildings that has no toilet a skycrapper

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by HeRulesMen: 5:46pm On May 21, 2022
One too many
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by doggedfighter(f): 5:47pm On May 21, 2022
Not again !

Looks like a particular part of Lagos is prone to these buildings collapse.

Does it happen in high brow areas too?
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by wittywriter: 5:47pm On May 21, 2022
Becoming a re-occuring decimal....SMH

@wittywriter
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:47pm On May 21, 2022
Agwotulumbe, Babydihot, why are you angry
Puskas:
Shatap.
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by Puskas: 5:48pm On May 21, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
meth is not good for you
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by Okoroawusa: 5:51pm On May 21, 2022
I don't understand this report
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:51pm On May 21, 2022
I'm not Igbo, I'm Yoruba.

meth has nothing to do with me
Puskas:
meth is not good for you

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by successmatters(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2022
Dangote !
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by Puskas: 6:16pm On May 21, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

You mean only the Igbos take meth? The English name is crystal meth. The joke is on you
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by Healfastijn(f): 6:27pm On May 21, 2022
cry cry
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by edimoyah: 8:52pm On May 21, 2022
the Collapsed 4 Floor Building is at 4 Alayaki Lane, Lagos Island on Saturday, 21st May, 2022.*
*Brief* :
The building was an Under Construction four floor (4) Building within the Alayaki Court. The building has been captured by the District Office and served with all Statutory Notices, Sealed at District and Central Enforcement Level. The Developer being recalcitrant in nature continues to work mostly at night and weekend. He built 3floors within 3months and the nature of
Inaccessible of the road has made rescuer operation slow with information getting us and Lagos state is on top of the situation
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by 1879nn: 1:58am On May 22, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:

Eko o ni baje!
[/s]
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by 1879nine: 1:59am On May 22, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
[/s]
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by 1879nine: 1:59am On May 22, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:

[/s]
Re: JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again by ecolime(m): 7:27am On May 22, 2022
Puskas:
Don't be a tribal dunce.

BTW, ubiquitous 3 to 4 storey buildings is what you call Skyscrapers? You must be a village man shocked

(1) (Reply)

………….4 Bedroom Terrace Detached Duplex With Payment Plan (ajah) / URGENT SALE : Four (4) Plots Of Land For Sale / Plots Of Land At Ade Village Oke-mosan Abeokuta Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.