Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,245 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:54 AM

Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March (1440 Views)

Russia's Ruble Is World's Top-performing Currency Against The Dollar / Russia Ruble Now 80 To A Dollar From 130 / How Russia Rescued The Ruble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by baralatie(m): 8:39pm On Jun 22, 2022
baralatie:
Let me now explain what this means to everyone the stronger the roubles against the dollar
The cheaper the us oil and gas gets
And now it is 51then it gets to 50 then it gets to 45

E onomics students are you seeing the problem

1 Like

Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Subduer: 12:06am On Jun 23, 2022
Hashabiah:
Sapentia and his crew of capitalist pigs wouldn't want to see this o cheesy
They don't know that their COMMUNISM was created and sustained by Wall Street billionaires in JuYork.
Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Subduer: 12:12am On Jun 23, 2022
baralatie:
Something is not adding up here!
Currencies don't perform this fast!
undecided
Don't you know that all Central Banks are SCAMMING their citizens, just as the dubious Federal Reserve Bank is SCAMMING Americans mercilessly.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Dvdpity: 12:35pm On Jun 23, 2022
baralatie:

If a country says it wants to use it's currency as a medium of trade.it has its own effects
Nigerian and china did a test run of yuan naira and it crashed same thing with some yuan with other currencies.
Making a global exchange currency for global trade come with its own risks to the parent country.that is why nations with rather let the us dollar float.
Russian roubles is good in Russia but useless in naira. But if it has a dollar base (it can create a roubles account).
You get the politics and economic play.(As long as Russia has an euros or dollar account...it can use it's roubles)
But to say you want to disregards a global currency where you do not have structures .you will end up with economic concussion.
Two!that you produce 100% of your goods does not mean you source your raw materials 100%.for you to source your raw materials that nation will need to trade!Now if that nation economic growth is linked to it's size of economic activity(how much can that nation carry since it neither buys or sells beyond its borders).
Then there are some other stuffs that are inherent in an economy like what hit Japan and china

Nigeria does not need to float a naira against dollar to grow.
The naira needs to devalue against the dollar for the nation to grow
Two Nigeria has mirade of things to solve first
We have lack of sustainable power and pricing
We have multiple taxation
We have poor road infrastructure
And all.rhat
Devalue naira when Nigeria is not a producing nation... you are mad

4 Likes

Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Ibrahimcoomasie: 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
shogsman:
At this rate ruble will be more valuable than dollar in a year
In your wildest dream lying scum.

1 Like

Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by baralatie(m): 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2022
Dvdpity:

Devalue naira when Nigeria is not a producing nation... you are mad
Well!
Wether you use all kinds of rudeness to describe Nigeria's situation.it does not change the inevitable!
The naira naturally devalues itself
Every excuse given by govt to fight the dollar always push them to devalue inorder to save their neck!
The question is can Nigeria earn extra dollars inorder to sustain itself ?
If so how?

It is not he shouting protests or endsars or bombing citizens to only Gods knows where and definitely not by recycling persons who are responsible for the problem in the first place
undecided
Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by RiceProducers: 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
A high Rouble is very bad for the Russian economy but for kids on Nairaland with the little they know about economics it is paradise
Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by shogsman(m): 12:56pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ibrahimcoomasie:

You forgot to add your father igbofam is using an 10k itel and he ran away when I challenged him to a video call,I make more than your fathers all joined together, IGBOFAM I can continue to say it you're a pauper and I am not your father's mate

1 Like

Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by shogsman(m): 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Anytime any of you poverty infested scum wants to do a video call I am available for you,let me reiterate I am ot your father's mate,none of you slaves will ever set foot in Ghana not to talk of the west grin grin grin grin
Here I am in Minneapolis enjoying my life while your broke ass struggle to get 2 square meals

1 Like

Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Appleyard(m): 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2022
Teazer4:
they’re probably digging for another dead Russian top military personnel news . Most of my news today comes from their favorite Skynews.

Of course, it's funny how Ukraine is killing Russian generals while they're losing lands and cities anyhow. Some of these western jingoists are shameless.

1 Like

Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Appleyard(m): 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2022
baralatie:
Something is not adding up here!
Currencies don't perform this fast!
undecided
Yes, but this currency it's performing this fast because it created value for itself. How can one country be an economic power House but still relies on another's foreign currency to thrive? This brouhaha just reveals that every country on this Earth that has something to offer economically will have a stable and valued currency if it demands for the use of it's currency in the settlement for goods and services traded. It's simple. This is what make the dollar what it is today. Take that away and it would just be like every other currency.

1 Like

Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Appleyard(m): 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2022
engrsyer:
Instead of our CBN governor to do something about strengthening our naira he's there talking about scabbing our naira notes. Who even do me this thing by bringing me into this Godforsaken country?

grin grin grin grin Men it such unfortunate that we are blessed with mad leaders. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Appleyard(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2022
dapoRead:

When you are a producing NATION and you decided to use your currency as the main medium of exchange.
What that does is huge.

First of all: You become super competitive because your Goods are too cheap.
Secondly: The local economy of the people becomes stronger when they ditch out all the foreign goods and replace them with Locally made or even far cheaper ones (Chinese and Indian)

So it's a lot of things happening at the same time.

Nigeria is not producing NATIOn yet. (We do not have a steel industry so forget it for now, until we do)
Nigeria does not even have a light yet. (you all wonder why they killed Yaradua for trying to resuscitate Ajaokuta and Steel in exchange for building a gas pipeline to Europe. (A deal sabotaged by Niger delta, a kind of western proxy forces when needed to do the damage proof Nigeria is a vicious circle of failure to the people)

Nigeria needs a political will. That is all.
You're informed. cool
Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Appleyard(m): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2022
Subduer:

Don't you know that all Central Banks are SCAMMING their citizens, just as the dubious Federal Reserve Bank is SCAMMING Americans mercilessly.

Do you even know that so.many simpletons think and believe the lie that the US government owe itself much of the huge debt?

Many people don't even know that the Federal Reserve is privately owned. The scamming is appalling.

1 Like

Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Drenimarcus(m): 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2022
Appleyard:

Do you even know that so.many simpletons think and believe the lie that the US government owe itself much of the huge debt?

Many people don't even know that the Federal Reserve is privately owned. The scamming is appalling.

You mean the banks own all of America? And use the federal reserve as front? cheesy
Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Appleyard(m): 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2022
Drenimarcus:

You mean the banks own all of America? And use the federal reserve as front? cheesy

The Federal reserve is own by private interest, much of which are banks too. I did a piece on this here some years back. So many people don't really know what's happening in the global scheme of things.
Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Drenimarcus(m): 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2022
Appleyard:

The Federal reserve is own by private interest, much of which are banks too. I did a piece on this here some years back. So many people don't really know what's happening in the global scheme of things.

It’s even few banks not all. Many are clueless about what’s going on around the world.

We live In Orwellian times brother.

1 Like

Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by baralatie(m): 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2022
Appleyard:

Yes, but this currency it's performing this fast because it created value for itself. How can one country be an economic power House but still relies on another's foreign currency to thrive? This brouhaha just reveals that every country on this Earth that has something to offer economically will have a stable and valued currency if it demands for the use of it's currency in the settlement for goods and services traded. It's simple. This is what make the dollar what it is today. Take that away and it would just be like every other currency.
I don't think you understand what is going on!
The Russia reserves in dollars ,euros is growing but it cannot spend it.
Therefore it roubles appreciate
You get the problem now
Guess what effect that would have
Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Appleyard(m): 4:24am On Jun 25, 2022
baralatie:

I don't think you understand what is going on!
The Russia reserves in dollars ,euros is growing but it cannot spend it.
Therefore it roubles appreciate
You get the problem now
Guess what effect that would have

The Russian reserve in Euro or dollars isn't growing in real cash, rather, it's shrinking because they no longer plan on holding much of it any way. Therefore, as the Ruble appreciate, is an added advantage since it's now central to Russia's foreign exchange for major commodities such as gas or and oil. If this trend continues, it would dent the Dollars global usage.

1 Like

Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by baralatie(m): 2:52pm On Jun 25, 2022
Appleyard:

The Russian reserve in Euro or dollars isn't growing in real cash, rather, it's shrinking because they no longer plan on holding much of it any way. Therefore, as the Ruble appreciate, is an added advantage since it's now central to Russia's foreign exchange for major commodities such as gas or and oil. If this trend continues, it would dent the Dollars global usage.
How is it shrinking!when it can Nott spend it because it is frozen!
But payment are been made into it
Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Appleyard(m): 11:54am On Jun 26, 2022
baralatie:

How is it shrinking!when it can Nott spend it because it is frozen!
But payment are been made into it

Lmao. Payment are not being made into any of those accounts. Get your fact straight.
Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by baralatie(m): 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2022
Appleyard:

Lmao. Payment are not being made into any of those accounts. Get your fact straight.
Why do you think Russia is pissed with some countries in europe
Re: Russia Ruble Strengthens To 51 A Dollar From 150 In March by Appleyard(m): 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2022
baralatie:

Why do you think Russia is pissed with some countries in europe

You tell me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramaphosa's Paris Speech For Africa Goes Viral - One Million Views (PICS) / Donald Trump And The US Presidency / Israel And Gaza Updates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.