Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,664 members, 7,979,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 03:51 AM

Do These, If Your Phone Hangs During Gaming - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Do These, If Your Phone Hangs During Gaming (215 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do These, If Your Phone Hangs During Gaming by Illusionale(m): 9:54pm On May 23, 2022
You have gotten your mobile device, and as most people do, you try to install the latest games on it, some install and run fine while-
1. Some install but the gameplay lags and stutters immediately after launch
2. Some do not install at all.
This Post will be divided into three parts posted on different days; two will be direct answers to the two problems listed above. The third will feature recommendations on how to play and enjoy your games.
This guide will provide you with general info as to why you experienced the problems in each category. before we get further however, I would like to point this out any reading this and who wishes to game on their android device; the current games being released on this OS are mostly Online games and are getting more graphically demanding with each passing release, and as such the baseline for SoCs for any phone you wish to buy and play games on should be the Helio P60 and at least 4gb of RAM. 3GB of RAM is only acceptable if you have a monster CPU. Enough side talk lets dive into the main guide.
So you installed the game on your phone and after a few minutes, the frame rate/ fps drops (what this means is that the game began to hang, stutter) and your device meets the required or minimum specs needed for the game. Well, here are a few things you can do.
• Check your background apps and close them, this is the basic, press the recent apps button on your device and close other running process/apps
• If your device has gotten hot, or you are gaming in a very hot environment, consider leaving that location. Let it be known to you that gaming or any process that is graphically demanding in a device is not friends with heat. An overheating CPU/GPU will under clock in order to reduce heat, when this happens, your game will slow down in other for the device to cool.
• Clear app caches such as those belonging to Chrome and or facebook or whatsapp, you can do this by tapping and holding the app, selecting app info and clearing cache not storage. You can execute this action if you are using the XOS launcher or any similar launcher that supports press and hold to select app info. If you can’t do this, click the settings app and navigate apps and execute the action.
• Force close apps such as Whatsapp, facebook and chrome. These apps even though they are not gaming apps are very resource intensive. To force close an app, head into each app settings and click force close. The app will stop running and will start from afresh when next you open it.
• Consider leaving the game and returning in the night or evening when the weather is cool, I personally recommend this. As a hardcore gamer, I never play games on a hot afternoon, especially Call of duty mobile. The last thing I need is having to wipe my sweaty palms on my body in the middle of a gun fight.
• If you device was charging during the installation process, disconnect the charger, place your device on a cool surface, if your floor is tiled, put your phone on it. Marble tiles are great conductors of heat, in less than a few seconds; you will discover that your device has cooled to manageable temperatures.
• Look for and install older versions of the game. If it’s not an online game, consider searching for older versions to install, from side load websites. This will be especially helpful if the newer version you have just installed features graphical updates to the game.
• Turn off your data, it helps a lot. If the game is playable both online and offline, then you can turn off your data. Online gaming demands a lot of resources from your device so if the game can be played offline, there is no need turning your data on. You can even put airplane mode on. I do this whenever I play PES mobile, not because of lag but because I do not like interruptions of any kind.
• And last but certainly not the least. DO not use Bluetooth earphones to play games. Yes I said it and it would interest you to know that I am not the only one that has saad it. Gaming with Bluetooth earphones is only acceptable if you have a monster device or CPU, if you don’t, the Bluetooth runtime will place its tiny load on your already struggling CPU and that little task might just be the final nail on your CPU’s coffin. Buy wired earphones. Bluetooth earphones are often guilty of audio lag- what this means is that the video and audio might not be in sync and you may often hear actions seconds after they have already happened.

Thats it for the first post
The name is sparrow, I am your tech analyst, writer, gamer and swing trader at the NSE.
You can reach me at

uzuegbucollins@gmail.com
You have something to say? An opinion or correction, drop it in the comments. I will definitely reply.

So long....

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Australia Vs Scotland: Kick-off Time, Venue, TV Channel And Team News / The First Nigerian Youtube Gaming Channel / Videos Of Ball Drop 2023 Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.