Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,626 members, 7,930,078 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:16 AM

How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling (58999 Views)

Many Feared Trapped As Rochas Okorocha’s House Collapses In Abuja / EFCC Operatives Surround Okorocha’s House / Thugs Attack Ihedioha's Recovery Team At Okorocha's House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by teemac01(m): 1:44am On May 25, 2022
YOU KNOW WHY THIS IS FUNNY TO ME...THIS SAME ROCHAS HAS DONE LIKE WISE TO OTHER PEOPLE OR LESSER CALIBRE...NOW THAT THE TABLES HAVE TURNED HE IS CALLING FOR HELP...THEY GET IN TO POWER AND BECOME GODS NOT KNOWING THAT THAT SAME POWER YOU WIELD IS ONLY FOR A SHORT WHILE YOU MUST LEAVE IT AND THE NEXT PERSON WILL MET EVEN WORSE TREATMENT ON YOU IF YOU HAVE CROSSED HIM DURING YOUR REIGN.

SAME GOES TO ALL POLITICIANS ALL OVER THIS PLANET...YOU GUYS ARE FEW...THE MASSES JUST NEED ONE SPARK AND THERE WILL BE NO WHERE FOR THEM TO RUN TO OR HIDE

1 Like

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by legionISproteus: 1:47am On May 25, 2022
AfroKnight:
Shameful actions by shameless agents.

They can treat a former governor like this, someone who is a card carrying member of the APC! Okay, imagine how they would treat you an ordinary citizen.

Now you know that no amount wealth can save you from indignity in Nigeria. No matter your affluence, police can still harm your reputation and your body and they will get away with it.

This country is governed by crime lords.

Some people say they will choose Nigeria always even when opportunity to leave comes their way. I laugh cos that money they think they will make by sharp practices here, it will not save them!

It won’t save them when Nigerian soldiers flog their wives or shoot their children. That money will not save them when EFCC breaks into their hotel room while naked in bed. That money will not save them from stray bullets or daylight traffic robbery while police officers look on, collecting egunje at a nearby bus stop as robbers go from car to car.

Your wealth is only useful when the systemic incompetence of the country hasn’t chosen you as the next victim. But don’t hold your breath.
This drama was done for the show so you will think your money cannot make you untouchable. There are some power brokers in Nigeria that EFCC dares not try this nonsense with. They also want you to know that Rochas is a small boy in Nigeria
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by legionISproteus: 1:51am On May 25, 2022
Heathrow44:
this is even moi moi case, if i was the president, I would have a red list of names of people that are corrupt, in the dead of night 1am-2am they would be picked up, The fear i create with this is enough to Curtail any impending wannabe, If ur name is on the list, u re as good as a Goner! shocked

Kudos to the EFCC cool
Remember when El Rufai lied that he was number 7 on GEJ's sniper list?

It was not a sniper list. It was a list of the nature you just described, maybe it was a list of people with strong affiliations to Boko Haram. The short governor just had to lie.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by legionISproteus: 1:54am On May 25, 2022
27Pushing30:

A white man will not even wait for such before Turing himself in.

Do you know what it means to “jump bail” abroad even your lawyer will deny you cos it means you can never secure bail again

You think the thing they are practising in Nigeria is law?
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by InvertedHammer: 2:01am On May 25, 2022
/
He brought it all up on himself.

Why not honour the invitation of EFCC? Everyone knows that EFCC is a toothless bulldog when it comes to looters anyway. Patapata he stays 2 days at their office, go home and have his lawyers drag the case till eternity. He has the resources.

/
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Execution: 2:05am On May 25, 2022
THE POSITION OF THE LAW

What is a search warrant? It is an order which is issued by a magistrate or judge to law enforcement agents for the purpose of conducting a search on a person or place.

The Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) 2015 explains how a search warrant should be executed by officers of law enforcement agencies.

Section 146 of the ACJA 2015 states that a search warrant shall be assented to by a judge, magistrate, or justice of peace and shall remain in force until it is executed or cancelled by the court which issued it.

On the timing of the execution of a search warrant, section 148 of the ACJA 2015 states that a search warrant may be executed “anytime” of the day.

The section states “a search warrant may be issued and executed at any time on any day, including a Sunday or public holiday”.

IS FORCE ALLOWED WHEN ENFORCING SEARCH WARRANTS?

Section 149 (1) of the ACJA provides that a person residing in a building shall allow a law enforcement agent to get free and unhindered access to carry out a search.

Section 149 (2) allows the reasonable use of force when access cannot be obtained by the officers executing the search warrant.

It reads: “Where any building or other thing or place liable to search is closed, a person residing in or being in charge of the building, thing or place shall, on demand of the police officer or other person executing the search warrant allow him free and unhindered access to it and afford all reasonable facilities for its search. Where access into the building, thing or place cannot be obtained, the police officer or other person executing the search warrant may proceed in the manner prescribed by section 9, 10, 12, and 13 of this Act.”

WHAT’S THE MANNER PRESCRIBED BY SECTIONS 9 AND 12?

Section 9(1) states: “Where a suspect is arrested by a police officer or a private person, the officer making the arrest or to whom the private person hands over the suspect: (a) May search the suspect, using such force as may be reasonably necessary for the purpose.”

Section 12(2) states: “Where access to a house or place cannot be obtained under subsection (1) of this section, the person or police officer may enter the house or place and search it for the suspect to be arrested, and in order to effect an entrance into the house or place, may break open any outer or inner door or window of any house or place, whether that of the suspect to be arrested or of any other person or otherwise effect entry into such house or place, if after notification of his authority and purpose, and demand of admittance duly made, he cannot obtain admittance.”

https://www.thecable.ng/know-the-law-can-efcc-police-forcefully-enter-your-house-when-enforcing-search-warrants

1 Like

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by blazesam(m): 2:32am On May 25, 2022
It seems the okoracha of a man doesn't have guns... If I was him, anything that doesn't pass through my door is considered a criminal and therefore deserves death... I for kill today tire
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by DonTim1: 2:35am On May 25, 2022
This is the total essence of a panic room! You get to a level, this things become normal and a must have.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Poiu11: 2:40am On May 25, 2022
sad sad

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by DOD88: 3:00am On May 25, 2022
smatt1711:
They don use Rochas show Tinubu say if Bubu choose a candidate, nobody dares to oppose or you go collect Woto Woto
Use your brain alright hater.Leave Tinubu alone and face your life challenges. You have load of them. Hater!
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by DOD88: 3:14am On May 25, 2022
AfroKnight:
Shameful actions by shameless agents.

They can treat a former governor like this, someone who is a card carrying member of the APC! Okay, imagine how they would treat you an ordinary citizen.

Now you know that no amount wealth can save you from indignity in Nigeria. No matter your affluence, police can still harm your reputation and your body and they will get away with it.

This country is governed by crime lords.

Some people say they will choose Nigeria always even when opportunity to leave comes their way. I laugh cos that money they think they will make by sharp practices here, it will not save them!

It won’t save them when Nigerian soldiers flog their wives or shoot their children. That money will not save them when EFCC breaks into their hotel room while naked in bed. That money will not save them from stray bullets or daylight traffic robbery while police officers look on, collecting egunje at a nearby bus stop as robbers go from car to car.

Your wealth is only useful when the systemic incompetence of the country hasn’t chosen you as the next victim. But don’t hold your breath.
Stop this your new nonsensical sentiment and let you us breathe. Face the issue and leave propaganda. Let him submit himself for arrest or invitation and tackle EFFC from there and if he has a good case. Period.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Sagefromtheeast: 3:29am On May 25, 2022
alizma:

Why has he refused to honor the invitation?

Why are they there without a warrant? Must they break in?
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by 3rdavefarms(m): 3:29am On May 25, 2022
I read every comments here

I will be right nack to comment on the present situations of Nigeria my Dearest country
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by ddeola: 3:30am On May 25, 2022
God deliver Nigeria from the hands of DEMONS-IN-POWER. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Sagefromtheeast: 3:33am On May 25, 2022
Cognitivereason:

No dey Yarn nonsense bro..

If na the arm robberwey rob ur house Dem go catch like this u no go talk this nonsense...

Security can go any length to arrest you especially in Nigeria where we love initial gra gra and werey
Nigerians don't how to attend to issues like this in a civil manner e.g opening the door and presenting urself quietly for arrest especially when u know u have no where to run to....is it now security that should be civil about it

EFCC suppose break through the soakaway enter sef...lol cool

Without arrest warrant?
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Kdon2: 3:50am On May 25, 2022
Grandmasster:
When EFCC go burst inside Tinubu house nah
meanwhile at a cheap price DM me for your logo and flyer design

You will wait and die.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Reflect7: 4:18am On May 25, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Oga the EFCC did the right thing...
In any part of the world .. if u reject a formal invitation from security over a crime.. they have the right to come to ur door to look for you ...if you deny Dem right to arrest you...the security has 100% right to engage force even if it mean digging ur soakaway to get to u..

The okoroawusa guy knew it was EFCC ..then why give them a hard time rather than surrender..

The same fear that stopped him from attending their offices when invited is the fear that made him not open the door to let them in.

The man na thief.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Reflect7: 4:22am On May 25, 2022
Sagefromtheeast:

Why are they there without a warrant? Must they break in?

If it was a northern or western governor being apprehended for corruption, would you care about warrant or no warrant?

Hypocrite.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by zomby(m): 4:28am On May 25, 2022
GLeesMODEL:
ABUJAPRESS reports that a video of how EFCC Operative broke into the house of APC senator, Rochas Okorocha has emerged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHbndLRTJ_A

the video which was a live recording, the officers were seen breaking in through the ceiling to arrest the senator who was accused of jumping bail and failing to honour the invitation of the anti-graft agencies at different times.

How the attempt started through the bullet proof doors...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74UcCKySW_w

This could have been avoided if these bunch of FlatHeadss had opened the door.

The lady in the video says, “look at them, look at what they are doing to someone who hasn’t done anything”
Too funny I can’t even laugh…
Have you seen any Nigerian governor or senator that hasn’t done anything wrong??

Nigeria the giant of Africa is currently on the floor, and about to go underground because of all these vultures called leaders…
I have absolutely no problem to watch a thief viciously fighting another thief… TO HELL WITH ALL OF THEM!
They can all go and hug an active transformer and go straight to hell. NO MERCY FOR SINNERS!

Buhari too shall get his days when the time is right.

1 Like

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by 6pack: 4:32am On May 25, 2022
I swear if na me.get money wey rochas get, those particular efcc for hear am for my hand
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Brunicekid(m): 4:56am On May 25, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
This is bad. They should have gone to pick him up at the Presidential screening instead
As in eeenn..

It's not funny at all...

Why now?

When it's few days to the APC Presidential Primary already... Chaiii
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by egoldman(m): 5:48am On May 25, 2022
seborrhic:

He is lucky he wasn't manhandled.
Even in the developed world when you are served with a valid arrest or search warrant you should hand yourself over or allow access to your residence, whichever maybe the case.
Failure to do that, the security agencies are legally allowed to use force to get you arrested or break down your doors.
A shit hole country with sh it hole people.Though at the end of the day,this EFCC gra gra will still end up with no conviction.

Did you hear him say they had no warrant?
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by egoldman(m): 5:49am On May 25, 2022
Bigfish121:
Why can't they just open the door for th to come in?

He said they had no warrant, in the absence of warrant, they had no right to enter or brake into his house.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by egoldman(m): 5:50am On May 25, 2022
tibovo:
Okotocha is a criminal

You may be right, but braking into a house without warrant is illegal.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Tylerboy15011(m): 6:04am On May 25, 2022
We should fry beans abi?
Are they not birds of the same feather
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Tylerboy15011(m): 6:05am On May 25, 2022
egoldman:

You may be right, but braking into a house without warrant is illegal.

Does Nigeria follow due process at all? That's our Normal standard. Is not something new
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Mode99: 6:15am On May 25, 2022
What a country!!!!
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Pharaohny: 6:20am On May 25, 2022
Redpill1:
Naso we dey area today dey roast one Pitbull one Muslim guy con talk sey the hooded jalamia wey I wear dey roast pitbull na blasphemy angry
That guy don japa commot before boys go nack am wotowoto
Hooded jalamia wey I buy with my money

Unna no con kill am
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by KingsleyCEO: 6:31am On May 25, 2022
Abujason:

Abi na end EFCC

The matter weak me o
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 6:33am On May 25, 2022
Sixthsense2021:

Don't mind them, you'll pay 5$ before you are registered.

It's the game plan
Now I get the whole thing.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by AfroKnight: 6:33am On May 25, 2022
DOD88:

Stop this your new nonsensical sentiment and let you us breathe. Face the issue and leave propaganda. Let him submit himself for arrest or invitation and tackle EFFC from there and if he has a good case. Period.

You’re so bent on seeing through political lens that you cannot see how this entrenched impunity among security agencies. What I said has nothing to do with preventing his arrest but with the conduct of policemen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Uba Gifts Limo Benz To Apostle Chibuzor (Photos) / Ministerial List : See Speculated Portfolios Of Ministers / APC=Progress: New APC Slogan Tinubu Proposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.