Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel (787 Views)

Chuka Umunna Declares Intention To Run For Labour Leadership In UK / Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court / Of Africa (ayes) Reject Islamic Banking, Warn Sanusi Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by nwaigbomg(m): 11:53pm On Jul 15, 2011
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/july/16/national-16-07-2011-0013.html

If Islamic banking has evil intention, the idea will fail –Ezekiel
By Vera Wisdom-Bassey
Saturday, July 16, 2011

Photo: THE SUN PUBLISHING
More Stories on This Section

General Overseer of Christian Pentecostal Mission (CPM) Lagos, Rev. Obiora Ezekiel has condemned the attitude of Governor of Central Bank of Nigerian Mallam Lamido Sanusi for his utterances of asking Christian Association Nigeria (CAN) to go court over the proposed Islamic banking policy of the Central Bank.

Ezekiel who spoke in a press conference in Lagos recently, stated that if the agenda of Sanusi is evil, they will crash because anything that is not planted by God must be uprooted, “No matter how you organise it, if it has some evil ideas, it will collapse without any remedy. I am not an economist or banker. As a pastor, I speak on my own, if the reason the CB

N governor asked CAN to go to court is political, it is alright. But, if there is an evil intention, it will not stand”.
He pointed out that the gate of hell shall not prevail against the church, So, Sanusi should not assume that he has written obituary to the church. “The church will continue to shine, this is not the first time, they have tried it sometime ago, but God did not allow them to raise up vessels that would compound darkness. However, the battle is the Lord’s and not something we can just fight like that”.

On the issue of President Goodluck Jonathan’s agenda, he regretted that the President could not handle Boko Haram issue as well as the power supply, since he assumed power. “What has the President done since he is there? You can see that everything is collapsing. In fact, it seems he does not know the cause of the problems facing the country”.

Ezekiel therefore suggested spiritual means as the only remedy to the nation’s problems. “How I wish they will get spiritual advice, the war in this nation will be over because it is not against flesh and blood, but against territorial spirit that is controlling this nation, which are called principalities and power that no man can handle. I know the foundation of what I am saying, if God does not build a city, the builder builds in vain”.

He described Boko Haram as people being engineered by unclean spirit. “See the case of Osama-Bin laden, he was possessed by an evil spirit, he just died like a chicken, evil shall not reign forever, so the Boko Haram people are acting now, just give them sometime, they may be having their way today, destroying churches and property while God is watching them, they may own all machineries both home and abroad, but when God of host will arise, it will be tragic for them”.
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by EkoIle1: 1:07am On Jul 16, 2011
ignorant and bigoted fake man of God.
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by Musiwa42: 4:10am On Jul 16, 2011
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by obowunmi(m): 4:21am On Jul 16, 2011
Why are people promoting hate.
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by luvinhubby(m): 8:43am On Jul 16, 2011
@eko-ile
what is your STANDARD that ws used to determine a bigot and fake from original man of God. And what is wrong in what he said. `IF` Sanusi`s intention on islamic banking is EVIL, it will fail, that should be everybody`s prayer.
Many of us are now seeing that his actions on sacking the bank CEO`s were hasty, ill-advised, sentimental and economically suicidal because those banks were better off then than now.
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by ektbear: 10:44am On Jul 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

Why do you say this? I dunno much about the guy.
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by namfav(m): 11:08am On Jul 16, 2011
complete eddiot
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by jamace(m): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2011
We will not wait to confirm whether the intention is evil or not. All we are saying is we do not want any Islamic banking system in Nigeria. Priod. angry

We have seen enough.
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2011
jamace:

We will not wait to confirm whether the intention is evil or not. All we are saying is we do not want any [b]Islamic banking system in Nigeria. Priod. angry

We have seen enough. [/b]

May God bless you plenty.
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by houvest: 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

Ignorant and bigoted fake Lagosian.
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by aljharem3: 7:55pm On Jul 16, 2011
houvest:

Ignorant and bigoted fake Lagosian.

can the same be said about Christians without calling people bigots

learn to be objective at least for once angry angry
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by houvest: 7:56pm On Jul 16, 2011
obowunmi:

Why are people promoting hate.

Who is promoting hate on this thread? How, where and why?
namfav:

complete eddiot
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by houvest: 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2011
alj_harem:

can the same be said about Christians without calling people bigots

learn to be objective at least for once angry angry

Who exactly are you referring to? Myself or the person I replied? Which of us is usually biased on NL with plenty monikers? Look in the mirror and ask the person you see there that question. A man said that if the intentions of Sanusi is evil it will fail and what  you all can come up with is calling him ignorant , bigoted and fake. Another calls him eediot and another talks about promoting hate. What has he done wrong? He is not  allowed to express his opinions anymore? Did he say anything that is not correct? The way you all are being defensive is telling me that there really is a hidden agenda in all this Islamic bank stuff. If not,  the expected thing for you to say to his words is ,' Amen'. Is there anyone evil will benefit? If it will benefit you in some way please let me know. Why have waved you bye bye to objectivity in your analysis of the man's comment and you are talking about objectivity to me. What arrant hipocrisy are you exhibitting here? May God have mercy on you all?
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by obowunmi(m): 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2011
@ houvest: I'm referring to this so-called man of god.
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by houvest: 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2011
obowunmi:

@ houvest: I'm referring to this so-called man of god.

So which of his statements is promoting hate. Is he hating on Sanusi, Bin Laden or Boko Haram. which of his statements is inciting? And which is false?
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by wholex(m): 10:23pm On Jul 16, 2011
What's d fuss about islamic banking and why are christian leaders so agitated about it. I think they shud channel their energy in preaching to the so called corrupt govt functionariez in their churches to stop all their corrupt practices.
Re: If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel by olawalebabs(m): 10:14am On Jul 17, 2011
jamace:

We will not wait to confirm whether the intention is evil or not. All we are saying is we do not want any Islamic banking system in Nigeria. Priod. angry

We have seen enough.
imagine an illogical sense of reasoning. Hating for no reasonable sake

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Schemes To Be Deputy Governor / Boko Haram: Nigeria’s Wining The War – Fg / Outspoken Critic Of Government Policies Then, Now In Govt. Levels Done Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.