Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,469 members, 7,934,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 08:25 AM

Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad (8444 Views)

Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada / Despite Thriving Businesses, Aba Remains A Pigsty - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Owopariola1: 7:36am On Jun 06, 2022
frankie2K:

1,200 for senior mason

Haba?! Who will collect that one from you? Which town in Nigeria is that? No skilled laborer will collect nothing less than #3,500 per day from you anywhere in Naija. Even those residing in villages travel to cities for jobs and go back to villages after the completion of project, so they know what's up. Unskilled laborers will collect nothing less than #2,500 per day.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Owopariola1: 7:37am On Jun 06, 2022
nnennachiji:

And you think is normal that it took him 3 months can you imagine
No wonder we have people importing fake drugs into Nigeria everyday
Is 3 months too short or too long?
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by EkelediliBuhari: 7:42am On Jun 06, 2022
nnennachiji:

Oh my God see generalization
So Nigerians go abroad for menial jobs?
I don’t know who told you this but everyone I know including , my husband , my brothers and and I are not doing menial jobs and we all migrated here legally.
We have Nigerians in all walks of life .

Outside these folks you just mentioned how many Nigeria folks do you know that have good jobs over there… no need to answer, just reflect on that
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by EkelediliBuhari: 7:45am On Jun 06, 2022
Owopariola1:

Haba?! Who will collect that one from you? Which town in Nigeria is that? No skilled laborer will collect nothing less than #3,500 per day from you anywhere in Naija. Even those residing in villages travel to cities for jobs and go back to villages after the completion of project, so they know what's up. Unskilled laborers will collect nothing less than #2,500 per day.

You even responded…

His response is so unreal I couldn’t draft anything in reply to him
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by EkelediliBuhari: 7:52am On Jun 06, 2022
Owopariola1:

Is 3 months too short or too long?

You really can’t kill a happy man…

3months is enough for confirmation of certifications and authorization of location..

To buy drugs you don’t need authorization. It’s the Government’s duty to ensure good products are in circulation.

3 months is more than enough

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Munamoqel: 7:57am On Jun 06, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:

You really can’t kill a happy man…

3months is enough for confirmation of certifications and authorization of location..

To buy drugs you don’t need authorization. It’s the Government’s duty to ensure good products are in circulation.

3 months is more than enough
leave am they worship the white and only the western way is perfect . He want to run a pharmacy not a drug import or manufacturing business .so why is 3 months not ok
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by EkelediliBuhari: 8:50am On Jun 06, 2022
Munamoqel:
leave am they worship the white and only the western way is perfect . He want to run a pharmacy not a drug import or manufacturing business .so why is 3 months not ok

Even drug import shouldn’t take that long…

The reason these things take long abroad is because the big pharmaceutical companies hijacked everything just like Oil in Nigeria… they control the FDA same way the oil marketers control the NNPC
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by gforce5: 10:34am On Jun 07, 2022
I have seen everything on this forum now. grin cheesy I can't believe that this dude compared the standard of living in the west to Nigeria. cheesy :Listen up folks, i have spent most of my life in both the UK and Nigeria. Yes, the UK is very expensive country compared to Nigeria. No doubt about it. Yes, most of your income goes to the taxman. However, at least you are about to have a comfortable standard of living. In todays Nigeria, to have even a middle class standard of living, you have to be on N500k a month. Even that's not enough in Buhari's Nigeria where the current exchange rate is $1:N650. If Nigeria is so "wonderful", why are the top earners in the country resigning from their jobs and moving to Canada?

Do you know how many people in the petroleum and banking sector have quit their jobs and moved their families to Canada and the U.S.? Do you know how many doctors and nurses are leaving this country on a daily basis? Many lawyers are now taking the New York and Canadian bar exams. Many senior lawyers are complaining of a massive exodus of talent. The top 1% are increasingly snapping up citizenships of caribbean countries as a back up plan. These are the people who you would think should be enjoying the country the most. Your bloody First Lady barely lives in the country. She spends most of her time in UAE. I have not heard of any other First Lady that's not residing in her own country. Femi Otedola spends more time in the UK than Nigeria. Your boy Wizkid spends more time in the States than he does in Nigeria. Willie Obiano of Anambra state couldn't wait to move back to the U.S. after his tenure. This is despite making his money in Nigeria.

Folks, that's the reality on ground. People like OP, who was probably had a bad experience abroad, like to mislead folks in order to keep them in Nigeria. I won't be surprised if he is a Buhari/Tinubu/APC/Atiku supporter. That's their trademark. I also won't be surprised if he doesn't believe in the Lekki massacre. These lots don't want you to prosper. There are many of them like that in the country. Bosses who oppress you and tell you to forget about going anywhere while they keep balling at your expense. Politicians who keep reminding you that there's no place like home but their own children aren't based in Nigeria. Religious figures who preach about patriotism but their family members are based in Nigeria. Abroad is not eldorado but at the same time, do not place all your cards in this politically and economically unstable country. Create options for yourself. Think about your children.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Munamoqel: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2022
gforce5:
I have seen everything on this forum now. grin cheesy I can't believe that this dude compared the standard of living in the west to Nigeria. cheesy :Listen up folks, i have spent most of my life in both the UK and Nigeria. Yes, the UK is very expensive country compared to Nigeria. No doubt about it. Yes, most of your income goes to the taxman. However, at least you are about to have a comfortable standard of living. In todays Nigeria, to have even a middle class standard of living, you have to be on N500k a month. Even that's not enough in Buhari's Nigeria where the current exchange rate is $1:N650. If Nigeria is so "wonderful", why are the top earners in the country resigning from their jobs and moving to Canada?

Do you know how many people in the petroleum and banking sector have quit their jobs and moved their families to Canada and the U.S.? Do you know how many doctors and nurses are leaving this country on a daily basis? Many lawyers are now taking the New York and Canadian bar exams. Many senior lawyers are complaining of a massive exodus of talent. The top 1% are increasingly snapping up citizenships of caribbean countries as a back up plan. These are the people who you would think should be enjoying the country the most. Your bloody First Lady barely lives in the country. She spends most of her time in UAE. I have not heard of any other First Lady that's not residing in her own country. Femi Otedola spends more time in the UK than Nigeria. Your boy Wizkid spends more time in the States than he does in Nigeria. Willie Obiano of Anambra state couldn't wait to move back to the U.S. after his tenure. This is despite making his money in Nigeria.

Folks, that's the reality on ground. People like OP, who was probably had a bad experience abroad, like to mislead folks in order to keep them in Nigeria. I won't be surprised if he is a Buhari/Tinubu/APC/Atiku supporter. That's their trademark. I also won't be surprised if he doesn't believe in the Lekki massacre. These lots don't want you to prosper. There are many of them like that in the country. Bosses who oppress you and tell you to forget about going anywhere while they keep balling at your expense. Politicians who keep reminding you that there's no place like home but their own children aren't based in Nigeria. Religious figures who preach about patriotism but their family members are based in Nigeria. Abroad is not eldorado but at the same time, do not place all your cards in this politically and economically unstable country. Create options for yourself. Think about your children.

you are not saying anything new .do have know the number of Nigerians that move back to Nigeria to become successful ? Even the current speaker was a lawyer in America.
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Jbloc: 11:06am On Jun 07, 2022
This your comparison na wah !
You conveniently excluded people on £500 - £1k a day and making a general assumption on minimum wage salary.
Not canvassing for UK or 9ja but don't give wrong information. Whatever rocks one's boat

EkelediliBuhari:

Yes Some factories pay more than 7k per day....

if you add light, water and transportation bills, the Uk still trumps nigeria bruh.

Overall living expenses abroad is over the roof compared to Nigeria.

Finally be informed that finding a job that pays above 15k per anum in the UK is a herculean task.
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by EkelediliBuhari: 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2022
Jbloc:

This your comparison na wah !
You conveniently excluded people on £500 - £1k a day and making a general assumption on minimum wage salary.
Not canvassing for UK or 9ja but don't give wrong information. Whatever rocks one's boat

I stuck to minimum wage intentionally

If we compare people with higher wages they will still be par…

I presently take home N18k daily spread over 30days

Some people earn over 50k to 100k daily

A friend just got a remote job in Nigeria to earn £4K monthly after tax

So let’s not open that chapter cos the argument go too much.
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by TheEnforcer: 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2022
gforce5:

Don't mind that one o.I know a lot of shell and mobil big boys have moved their families abroad while they shuttle between both places during their off timesp

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by gforce5: 11:26am On Jun 08, 2022
Oga, your First Lady spent half of Covid period in UAE. That alone should end any point you are trying to raise. Femi Otedola, one of the richest men in Nigeria, barely lives in the country. Yes, there are a lot of Nigerians who relocated to Nigeria from the diaspora and became succesful. That's not peculiar to Nigeria alone. Many guys I went to school with in the UK moved back to their countries of origin and are successful. It however doesn't change the fact that only a small percentage of the population is successful. It doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is one of the poorest countries in the world due to poor economic policies. It doesn't change the fact that the middle class barely exists in this country anymore.

I am not saying that everyone should japa but it is ridiculous to compare an underdeveloped country like Nigeria to the West. We aren't even on South Africa's level. In developed countries, you are entitled to benefits, loans and other incentives. In this country, you are on your own. Your family is your main source of financial support. Stop comparing apple and oranges. Stop using the success of a very small percentage of the population to cover the fact the majority are living in abject poverty.
Munamoqel:
you are not saying anything new .do have know the number of Nigerians that move back to Nigeria to become successful ? Even the current speaker was a lawyer in America.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Richiekay009(m): 8:37am On Jun 10, 2022
Please I’m moving to the uk , central london Ulster university with no idea of who to stay with or where to stay . I don’t mind renting a 200-300£ monthly room or 150 shared. I’m desperately in need gym for this
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by EkelediliBuhari: 10:19am On Jun 10, 2022
Finally..

- all conversions @ N533/1GBP - which you will most likely never get from the banks so you can work with N760 for black market rate
- all assumptions at on worst case scenario

Acceptance/First installment fee - 4,000GBP = N2,132,000.00
Insurance and other fees - summary of N700,000
One way flight ticket - N200,000
PTA - N500,000.00

Total N3,532,000.00

Rent is not included

Simulation above is the minimum you will likely need to relocated to UK... you cant get any lower.
N3.5m can get you a decent investment here in Nigeria. No need to go into details as we already know so many investments we can get into.
Most people that travel still depend on their relatives and friends for support even while over there as they are hit with unanticipated bills.

Like i noted earlier, Its a choice.
But don't let anyone tell you that travelling abroad is the best thing that happened to us after sliced bread.
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Etinosa1234: 11:55am On Jun 10, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:
Finally..

- all conversions @ N533/1GBP - which you will most likely never get from the banks so you can work with N760 for black market rate
- all assumptions at on worst case scenario

Acceptance/First installment fee - 4,000GBP = N2,132,000.00
Insurance and other fees - summary of N700,000
One way flight ticket - N200,000
PTA - N500,000.00

Total N3,532,000.00

Rent is not included

Simulation above is the minimum you will likely need to relocated to UK... you cant get any lower.
N3.5m can get you a decent investment here in Nigeria. No need to go into details as we already know so many investments we can get into.
Most people that travel still depend on their relatives and friends for support even while over there as they are hit with unanticipated bills.

Like i noted earlier, Its a choice.
But don't let anyone tell you that travelling abroad is the best thing that happened to us after sliced bread.

U nor lie bro. . but na wetin dey my mind I go do
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by HOKIM(m): 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2022
Gerrard59:

From our resident Nairalander who left Europe to Nigeria and later fled Nigeria for a no-name country in the Caribbeans, I find your post hypocritical.

He is in the Caribbean??
I stay in the Caribbean too... it's not easy here... infact I'm married to a Beautiful Caribbean woman...I stay in Barbados, life in Barbados is very expensive and I live in an apartment less than what I use to live in back in Nigeria but I Must tell you, I will rather DIE here than go back to the Useless republic of Nigeria... many of these guys that come online to push the narrative that life is not easy abroad (its normal as you are outside your home country, it takes time to adjust to the system as with any system ) dont even live in Nigeria and will refuse to go back.
No let anybody decieve you oo, I know a guy that just completed a 14bedroom apartment in Ibadan after staying in the Caribbean for 2years, something he wasn't able to do in his 40year of existence in Nigeria, his family lives a big man life in Nigeria because of him, this was a man living from hand to mouth in Naija...
The slowpoke said Factory work in naija is around 7k/day was when I knew he was living in a bubble and is a chronic liar, I do factory work wella for naija and the highest i earn as with 90% factory workers was between 500-1k /day and them go use you DIE.... working overtime and they will pay you if they like, sometimes we went on strikes because they owed us for multiple months.
Leave the guy, he knows nothing about nothing, perhaps he is doing this to chase Clout
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by HOKIM(m): 1:09pm On Jun 10, 2022
Gerrard59:

From our resident Nairalander who left Europe to Nigeria and later fled Nigeria for a no-name country in the Caribbeans, I find your post hypocritical.

I use to have SO MUCH respect for him, because we have engaged in many threads but after this hin dumb post, I dont think I will ever engage him again..I HATE HYPOCRITES...
menial labourers work so hard here, undocumented workers... but at the end of the day, they go home to proper food , manageable shelter, constant electricity and unlimited internet..they send Remittance to their families back home and even start small businesses and house projects, something they NEVER thought they will be able to achieve back at home, they build their way up...
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by HOKIM(m): 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2022
johnsurvive:

This is fact, move round the factory you will confirm it.
May be less than 1% of the factory here pay around 7k daily.

Bros THERE ARE NO FACTORY WORK IN NIGERIA THAT PAYS 7K/day.... folks who earn that amount are Machine operators(who have degrees in engineering) , even supervisors dont earn that much... trust me, I did ALOT of factory work in Nigeria and I still have friends who still do till this day!
There are factories in Mowe,shagamu and Ibadan that pays 300-500 daily... the ones in Lagos still dey try pay 700-1500 , and when you think of transportation and feeding daily, you will be left with 100-400 daily... if anything at all..its a vicious cycle...
I was forced to learn a skill when I saw the suffering was too much(though I am from what you will call a Middle class family) I still had to work very Hard... went to the University, took a second job(night security work) that paid me 18k/month and I was praised for security that "good pay" as most security firms paid 15k... now it's an average of 15-30k/month.... I could barely rent 1room... had to share with 2 other guys...
Naija na hell, some of these mumu that keep preaching, dont travel abroad, came from wealthy homes, had good private education... no follow them ooo... and they dont relate with more than 70% of the population that either live below poverty line or a little above it

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by HOKIM(m): 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2022
Gerrard59:

They wouldn't leave, trust me. I've read countless of twitter threads by blacks in the diaspora about the need to leave white people dominated countries due to racism and cost of living, but the places they recommend or suggest aren't dominated by fellow blacks because of the economics.

That woman wouldn't find a better job or entrepreneurial opportunities to provide a similar lifestyle she's enjoying in the US. The same thing for many people who have japa'd especially those who japa'd a long time ago. Except retirees, it'd be very hard for a young person who has a thriving career to leave Europe or North America for Africa. Namibia and Botswana are some of the safest black dominated countries globally but both have extremely high unemployment rates and small economies. South Africa, which has a bigger economy, has a high crime rate. Nigeria nko? We know how it's.

In summary, people will prioritise their livelihoods and safety over racial homogeneity (Maslow Hierarchy of Needs). Most black persons wouldn't mind living in South Korea over Nigeria or Ivory Coast due to immense economic opportunities and safety.

Shey na during lockdown matter you wan talk, wey one million boys come our area come rob us?? Move money comot from my hand?? Omo, story plenty...forget naija, comot wen u can..even if na visit visa, comot First

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by HOKIM(m): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2022
Favor99:

Yea true, but some of them are relocating to Ghana. But Africa especially Nigeria needs to put their big boy pants on and do it’s big role in progressing the Black race. Black Americans are doing there part, although not always perfect, but their civil rights movements, Black Lives Matter, fighting racism, and all their movements have made life and opportunities much much better for Blacks in America.

The black race is looking up to Nigeria to play it’s important role as a potential black superpower

I know of an American lady, married a Nigerian guy, they met online, she sold all she had(thank God ,she didn't quit her job) to relocate to naija, so she can live with her husband , very lovely couple, they started a business (transport and hotel packages for folks visiting naija) but when she saw the reality of Africa (she still loves Africa) , omo, she run go back yankee to file for her husband to come meet her,she was thankful she Didn't quit her job... they just started the process of their Application though as she went back in April but sadly that is the fate of many Abroad, who has gotten use to the privileges, as much as racism is very terrible and has it effects but Africa get hin own...I know a guy in the USA, went down to Africa to start a business, he bought a land , fought legal battle in that land, was physically assaulted on several occasions, had to pay police, SSS etc to do their jobs, the Land in question was sold to him and they also sold the land to 5 other persons... Family sef dey fight ontop the land say na one rebel for the Land dey sell am .... nobody tell the guy, hin carry what was left of his life and went back to the states, Abu na fashion designer wey come from Germany to start business for naija , lack of electricity and many levies shut the business Down.. omo, stories plenty!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by HOKIM(m): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2022
Munamoqel:
They are opportunities in Nigeria too but the youth fail to see especially the the very proud Nigeria University graduates .the underdevelopment is what beings opportunity . We have pure water factory cos we don't have clean pipe borne water .we have electricity issue then we have many solar firms spring up . The Nigeria youth will not see the opportunity but will be salaviating on how to filing form and writing endless exams to migrate while his India,labanses and Chinese counterpart Wil be thinking on how to open a pure water leather manufacturing firm to tap from the billions daily spent on pure water .

Very true but reality is: Not everyone is built to be an Entrepreneur... infact ,Most people aint..that's how Economies function....
The foreigner bring in FX to build business in Nigeria and thus, 2k dollars is a little over 1million naira... you fit start something, how many Nigerians have that amount
These foreigners you mentions are given MORE opportunities than the locals, therefore have more leverage and exploit the people's poor state... e.g , illegal mining going on in Zamfara and plateau states... na Chinese and Lebanese etc.. if a Nigerian was the one doing these mining, he would have been in Jail by now cooling off....
I get it that there are opportunities as it is everywhere in the World but if the cost of survival is high and the locals spend more time trying to survive, do you think they will recognize these opportunities?? Why do you think the most creative Nigerians are the ones that has had time spent abroad?? Co-incedence?? No....
How many businesses can afford Solar panels?? Factor that in...

People JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO SURVIVE... Nigeria isnt giving room for that!

You shouldn't have to be a mega-brain, an opportunity spotter to survive and leave a basic but yet decent life in your own country...
No social security, infact, no SECURITY of any form... With my Barbados passport I can travel the entire Europe, Americas(with the exception of USA, and getting the US visa is super easy and its 10years visa, the only thing they need?? Money to pay for your return ticket) ,most Asian countries and African countries VISA FREE ... but my Nigerian passport is practically USELESS.... getting a visa is a Miracle... and you think any average Joe and Jane will want to stay there
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
HOKIM:

Very true but reality is: Not everyone is built to be an Entrepreneur... infact ,Most people aint..that's how Economies function....
The foreigner bring in FX to build business in Nigeria and thus, 2k dollars is a little over 1million naira... you fit start something, how many Nigerians have that amount
These foreigners you mentions are given MORE opportunities than the locals, therefore have more leverage and exploit the people's poor state... e.g , illegal mining going on in Zamfara and plateau states... na Chinese and Lebanese etc.. if a Nigerian was the one doing these mining, he would have been in Jail by now cooling off....
I get it that there are opportunities as it is everywhere in the World but if the cost of survival is high and the locals spend more time trying to survive, do you think they will recognize these opportunities?? Why do you think the most creative Nigerians are the ones that has had time spent abroad?? Co-incedence?? No....

You shouldn't have to be a mega-brain, an opportunity spotter to survive and leave a basic but yet decent life in your own country...
No social security, infact, no SECURITY of any form... With my Barbados passport I can travel the entire Europe, Americas(with the exception of USA, and getting the US visa is super easy and its 10years visa, the only thing they need?? Money to pay for your return ticket) ,most Asian countries and African countries VISA FREE ... but my Nigerian passport is practically USELESS.... getting a visa is a Miracle... and you think any average Joe and Jane will want to stay there

You have a Barbadian passport?

That's impressive
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by HOKIM(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
nnennachiji:

And you think is normal that it took him 3 months can you imagine
No wonder we have people importing fake drugs into Nigeria everyday

Bro, that's exactly the problem here.... They benefit from the "cut corners " of the Nigerian corrupt system, it is how the survive here, so naturally they expect it to continue, that's why the state if that nation is retrogressing.... why do you think most of them are out here talking bout Nigeria is a land of opportunity this, and it's a blissful land that, when you hear that, you will know the "opportunity" is being able to out corrupt or buy your way through system that will require standard checks... This is just Madness... anyways that one nor concern me, I don comot be say I don comot... who wants to stay can have the "Opportunities " Nigeria presents... no be my wahala be that

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by HOKIM(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
Gerrard59:

You have a Barbadian passport?

That's impressive

Make ona help me dey greet , the fulani nation builder,Bull-Harry and hin goons dem...
Lol
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 2:20pm On Jun 10, 2022
gforce5:

It's so predictable, and there are so many on TwitterNG. Now that their god - Tinubu - is APC candidate, I am sure many will be itching to return to Nigeria so they can crave their own share of the national cake. On the other hand, I'm very glad young and ambitious Nigerian youths aren't listening to those mumbo-jumbo and bullcrap. Majorly thanks to democratisation of information through the Internet. Anyone, with a click on a device, can obtain or confirm a piece of information. Unlike the early 2000s, no one can be deceived. Additionally, I'm hopeful when ASUU strike is called off, most would-be graduates will apply to MSc and PhD programs so they will quickly japa.

No one wants to grow till 40 seeing his/her mates on Instagram globe-trotting the world while the person is saddled with Fulani herdsmen ravaging one's agribusiness investment or negotiating a ransom with so-called bandits.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by HOKIM(m): 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2022
gforce5:

He had a bad experience abroad ke??
Man was denied visa, all he could do was come here to type jaga-jaga.... how anyone would compare the standard of life abroad to Living in Nigeria is even amazing and the fellow should get their head checked, and the thought that there are folks even affirming his claim is even more worrying... even Nigerian leaders use abroad as a benchmark on how good standards of living should be, talk more of minions ... lol . This is the most incredible thing I have seen all morning..

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Munamoqel: 2:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
HOKIM:

this the Normal rants . The Nigerians traveling are not poor group . Plane ticket ,visa ,IHS , School deposit,poof of funds amount to millions so in essence is only millionaires that travel out of Nigeria .
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by Hilariousthiago(m): 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:
“Guy no dey dull, try apply and come before them change travel policy“

This is the what I wake up to every other day. Friends and colleagues never fail to “educate” me on the privileges of relocating abroad. Well without much ado I’d quickly dissect the earning power viz a viz spending power of a Nigerian based against a foreign based.

UK Vs Nigeria Case study

Earning power
Average daily earning in the UK is 9pounds per hour. By Visa rules (student visa Tier 4) you can work max 20hrs weekly, that translates to 720pounds per month. Let’s consider side hustles and other “illegal” or mildly put, unconventional jobs considering that they rip you off and pay you less. You can jack up your earnings to GBP1,600 per month after tax (on a good month).

- Average Earning in Nigeria for a skilled Brick layer is N4,500 daily or N108,000. Considering they work on Saturdays.
- Average earning for factory workers is N7-10k daily depending on company and location. That is N168 – N200k per month.
- Both simulations above are for menial jobs in Nigeria also considering they are not taxed… at least not directly.

Expenses/ Spending Power
To avoid ambiguity and extensive writeup, I will consider only Food and Rent
Food
UK – Average cost of a meal in the restaurant in UK is 10pounds that’s 20pounds a day for 2 meals.
UK – Average cost of condos outside the main cities i.e. London, is 500pounds a month.
These account for over 1,000pounds a month. That’s 62% of your monthly income

https://www.nairaland.com/7164689/nigerian-man-speaks-high-rent

Nigeria – A single meal in can go as low as N300-N500 that’s say N1,500 a day for 3 square meals
Nigeria – Average cost of a self-contained in main cities is N400k or N33,500 per month.
These account for about N65,000 a month. That’s 60% of the brick layers income or 38% of the factory worker’s monthly income

Consider other issues,
Insecurity in the Nigeria Translates to Discrimination in the UK
Bad government policies in Nigeria translates to Woke gay rights and other vices in the UK.
Poor and harsh working conditions in Nigeria?? Check the link below for abroad based;
https://www.nairaland.com/7141856/abroad-life-not-easy-man

Overall, I think there are better opportunities in Nigeria, if you have heart. Also, we need to be intentional about a better country.

In the 18th and Early 19th centuries the US and UK were worse off than Nigeria. Religion and social discrimination was at its peak.

We can get there.

Modified:
Further references -
Taxi hailing app drivers earns average of 10k after expenses daily.

Let’s not talk about taxes.. do you pay property tax, gift tax or national insurance contributions. All these are compulsory abroad…
Only in mega cities like Lagos and Abuja or maybe Port Harcourt you can have bricklayers earning #4,500 daily. It's very rare but not saying it's impossible.
No factory worker makes up to 7k in a day in this Nigeria, you can proof your points without having to lie, and if you think you're right, you can mention the factories that pay their casual workers up to that, let's make research.
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by ttmacoy: 3:17pm On Jun 10, 2022
Why you dey lie? It's not that hard finding a job that pays more than 15k GBP, that is basically minimum wage. Basic job at grocery store job at Tesco etc. will get you a little higher than minimum wage and is easier than bricklaying by a million miles.

Someone on minimum wage in the UK will still have a better life than equivalent in Nigeria. Free and better healthcare, free and better education etc.

EkelediliBuhari:

if you add light, water and transportation bills, the Uk still trumps nigeria bruh.

Finally be informed that finding a job that pays above 15k per anum in the UK is a herculean task.
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by HOKIM(m): 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
Munamoqel:
this the Normal rants . The Nigerians traveling are not poor group . Plane ticket ,visa ,IHS , School deposit,poof of funds amount to millions so in essence is only millionaires that travel out of Nigeria .

Again with your falsehood and lies...
The mere assumption that you think everyone will japa to the UK,USA or Canada is the breeding ground for your lies and disinformation...
South America and the Caribbean is my route and I can tell you for a FACT that there are many Nigerians who are doing OKAY in these places... Some even migrated to these places and even North America and Europa because they married a citizens of these places... some sell lands to get here,while some wer sponsored via school, work or even people around them....
What if they start businesses with these money for traveling abroad??
Many businesses die in Nigeria due to so many bad Economic policies e.g during and after the Lockdown i.e pre and post covid hit, nations gave out loans to businesses and even palliatives to ease the effects of global crisis, what did your country do?? Hide the ones that the private sector gave,while sharing funds to non-existent "poor" people with no data or stats to show. Businesses are crumbling on daily due to High inflation, lack of electricity, too many levies etc..
The op is running his mouth talking about how is friend got a job of 4k pounds after tax , how many Nigerians will get into tech before they can live the basic decent life Isnt that funny to you?? Insecurity add to that plate and then you will get a picture of the dishes being served...
From all stance, IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE... family off lands to send their kids abroad and somehow it has proved time and time over, that it is a more solid bet than owning a business in Nigeria as an "average " Nigerian...
Ona nor dey learn?? Or you lots like to argue with FACTS... I doubt Seun dey naija sef..
Re: Why Nigeria Remains A Better Choice Than Abroad by ttmacoy: 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2022
Why you dey lie? It's not that hard finding a job that pays more than 15k GBP, that is basically minimum wage. Basic job at grocery store job at Tesco etc. will get you a little higher than minimum wage and is easier than bricklaying by a million miles.

Someone on minimum wage in the UK will still have a better life than equivalent in Nigeria. Free and better healthcare, free and better education etc. If you have low income with kids you get some benefits none of which is available in Nigeria. You can get child benefits, housing etc. depending on your income and number of household.

As an educated person you can get a proper job earning more easier than Nigeria. Not saying it is easy, it still requires work but compared to Nigeria it is easier.

EkelediliBuhari:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Delta Fare Lagos-Houston(AMERICA) Promotion / Photos Of Some Nice Places In Akwa Ibom State / Plz, Help Me Choose Among These Countries!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.