Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,765 members, 7,945,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 03:54 PM

Ireti Doyle Recounts How Adesua Etomi Saved Her Daughter From School Bullies - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ireti Doyle Recounts How Adesua Etomi Saved Her Daughter From School Bullies (330 Views)

Ireti Doyle And Her Daughter At The AMVCA 2024 / Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial / Omotola, Ireti Doyle & Tiwa Savage At Banky W, Adesua Etomi Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ireti Doyle Recounts How Adesua Etomi Saved Her Daughter From School Bullies by LetDemKnow(m): 12:04pm On May 26, 2022

Nollywood actress, Ireti Doyle has recounted how fellow collegue, Adesua Etomi stepped in to intervene when her daughter was being bullied in school.

In a lengthy post shared via her Instagram page on Thursday, May 26, the movie star while celebrating her daughter’s 18th birthday, detailed how she moved to a new school and was welcomed by bullies.

“NOT SO RANDOM STORY Sooo sisi kekere (can I still refer to her like that?�) had just transferred to a new school having spent her entire academic career up to that point in one place. It took a whole summer of convincing, but I finally caved in – do not underestimate @jemiyodoyle once she’s set her mind on a thing. Anyways, she arrives, bright and bubbly eager to take on new territory and blossom, which she did,” she wrote

Within months of arriving she vied for and won a position on the Students Council. Apparently, that’s not allowed. “You cannot just arrive here and begin to “shine” without “permission”,” she wrote.

The actress then narrated how Etomi helped to manage the situation by accompanying her daughter to the school.

“Oh, the bullying was aggressive! And most of the time, she would beg me not to step in, determined to make her way. Anyways Mrs. Wellington heard about the goings-on and said “Auntie, I’m going to go pick Jem up from school one day”… I said OK,”

On the said day, she asked me to sit in the car. It took longer than usual… @adesuaetomi didn’t just “pick” her from schl…she took her time to stroll around the school compound with her arm around Jemiyo, waving at the students who had become dumbstruck.” she added.

The message was clear: “This is my Beloved, thou shall not touch”. Suffice to say the bullying died down significantly from that day – true star power.”

Jem has kolobied many of my friends, who have poured into her…some for a season, for some, just a brush…you have no idea how powerful just one brush from the right person is in molding a young mind. It truly takes a village…the 3 people captured here represent mine.”

She went on to appreciate everyone that have impacted her daughter’s life including actress, Michelle Dede.

“To everyone who has ever touched Jems life positively…THANK YOU�� I also want to thank the multitude of my online village too, for your warm wishes and prayers…Omo a ye gbogbo wa, a o ni se ti, ni oruko Jesu!!!❤️” she wrote.

Doyle is a Nigerian actress, writer, producer and Tv presenter. She is popularly known for hosting and producing her own fashion and lifestyle show titled Oge With Iretiola for 10 years.

SOURCE - https://mediarants.com/ireti-doyle-recounts-how-adesua-etomi-saved-her-daughter-from-school-bullies/

(1) (Reply)

Endon Red Oo Tuface And Annie Idibia Marriage In Shambles / What Davido Did To Me Because Of Wizkid – Nigerian Artist Laments / Emmanuel And Liqourose Fight During Bbn Reunion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.