Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,974 members, 7,966,607 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 06:12 PM

Liverpool FC Fans Scammed Out Of £19,000 For Champions League Final Tickets - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool FC Fans Scammed Out Of £19,000 For Champions League Final Tickets (346 Views)

Governor Emmanuel Purchases All CAF Cup Final Tickets, Distributes Free To Fans / Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final / Petition To Ban Lionel Messi For Champions League ‘Punch’ Passes 3,500 Signature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool FC Fans Scammed Out Of £19,000 For Champions League Final Tickets by Olayioye66: 6:30pm On May 26, 2022
A Liverpool FC fan and his friends were conned out of £19,000 by scammers selling fake Champions League final tickets online.

Ray Mcdonald, from Pensby, Wirral, and his friends received their tickets on Tuesday night ahead of the final in Paris this Saturday, May 28, and initially thought they were genuine. However, upon further examination of the tickets, which cost £1,000 each, the group realised the PDFs were in fact fake.

READ ALSO:How VAR decisions affected Manchester United and Man City in the Premier League this season

After trying to contact the ticket tout, who Ray said he has bought tickets from six times this season, he realised their Twitter account had been deleted and their number was no longer in service. The 33-year-old said he has been added to a WhatsApp group with 50 fans who have been scammed out of a total of 125-150 tickets.

He has come forward to warn other fans about the scam and help to stop the same thing from happening to anyone else.

“We bought 19 tickets at a grand each so we’ve spent £19,000 between us. It looked legit at first, I didn’t think anything of it. About 11pm last night I was about to go to sleep and my phone was going mad.

“I tried to phone [the ticket tout] and it said the number was not in service anymore and at that point I was like ‘I’ve been done here. Ray said.

Dear Valued Friends,
Kindly reach us on 09069473894 with your NAME and LOCATION to add you to our WhatsApp Data Base to receive our latest news updates as it breaks.
We say it as it is with global reach, that is why we are different.
TERRYANEWS….We break the news as it breaks. (www.terryanews.com)

Re: Liverpool FC Fans Scammed Out Of £19,000 For Champions League Final Tickets by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:34pm On May 26, 2022
your mumu don do...next time ONLY BUY FROM GENUINE WEBSITE/SELLERS!!!

this type of yeye scams always happen during big matches and Euro/world cup, so this end of year in Qatar WC, all you mumus better watch out!
Re: Liverpool FC Fans Scammed Out Of £19,000 For Champions League Final Tickets by rayvelez(m): 7:45am On May 27, 2022
Too bad it happened to our comrade.#YNWA
Re: Liverpool FC Fans Scammed Out Of £19,000 For Champions League Final Tickets by osemoses1234(m): 8:12am On May 27, 2022
Keyboard lords

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nairaland Mods So Biased, They Are Full Of Hatred For Just One Person / Watch Highlights & Goals From Nigeria's 10-0 Win Over Sao Tome & Principe In The / Free Football Predictions 19th June 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.